Pages:
Author

Topic: offordscott - ban appeal - page 2. (Read 380 times)

legendary
Activity: 2030
Merit: 2173
Professional Community manager
April 18, 2023, 04:33:53 PM
I know my old password was leaked in a mass password leak from a password manager the other year. So, they probably logged into my account without needing to change my password.
If you were aware of a leak the next step would have been to change your password before an intruder got into it. The recovery team would get to decide if you do get your account back, if your claim is convincing enough.

But don't hold you breath waiting for a reply, it takes some time to sort through the different appeals.
Activity: 6
Merit: 3
April 18, 2023, 04:26:23 PM
This was the message that was posted (not by me).

https://p194.p3.n0.cdn.getcloudapp.com/items/rRugmpz9/398ac6e3-6e1a-45c5-84b8-cb5ed25327a9.png

I know my old password was leaked in a mass password leak from a password manager the other year. So, they probably logged into my account without needing to change my password.

I've since changed my password (today).
legendary
Activity: 2030
Merit: 2173
Professional Community manager
April 18, 2023, 04:26:12 PM
It's quite strange that you think your account was hacked, how did you regain the access from the hacker?
There has been cases where a hacker got access to an account and the original user still has access to it, no password or email change. This is possible if the the owner of the account fell for a phishing link and revealed their password which gave the hacker access to it. I use hack losely here cause it doesn't exactly count as a hack.

Op, to many this could be just a lazy excuse for a user who was cut out plagiarizing, but in this case could be true as we have had similar cases where a hacker gets access to an account and posts a malware link.
legendary
Activity: 2940
Merit: 3030
April 18, 2023, 04:24:30 PM
Definitely changed my password today. For sure.

Thanks for your help guys. I have emailed the appeals address.

Scott O.
No problem you are welcome .
Dont know how bussy the Account recovery team are but it can take some days maybe or some time if they get back at you , if you lucky it goes fast.
Maybe also change your email password and scan your computer with some Virusscanner to be sure that you dont have anymore maybe some bad software on it.
Did you downloaded something here before on the Forum or logged into some phishing weppage ?

Good Luck with your Account getting recovered.
April 18, 2023, 04:19:11 PM
Definitely changed my password today. For sure.

Thanks for your help guys. I have emailed the appeals address.

Scott O.

If you are the real owner of the Account offordscott you should be change your password and all.
And you should be get in touch with the Account recovery team.

legendary
Activity: 2940
Merit: 3030
April 18, 2023, 04:16:17 PM
I logged in to my offordscott account and noticed I was banned.

In my message history, I saw that a post was deleted.  I did not write that post.

So, someone must have hacked into my account and posted that message.

I'm hoping to regain access to my offordscott account.

I've been a long time member and it would be a shame to lose it.

Thanks for your help,
Scott

You got banned because you have posted the Fake Miner Software download Link with Malware !
So it looks like your Account got hacked !

Source : https://ninjastic.space/search?author=offordscott
This is the last post of your Account if you looking on https://ninjastic.space/post/61749380

If you are the real owner of the Account offordscott you should be change your password and all.
And you should be get in touch with the Account recovery team.

Activity: 1358
Merit: 850
April 18, 2023, 03:59:03 PM
Can you please add the post here so that people can justify if that's the reason to get your account banned? Usually, if a few posts get deleted, your account must not be banned.
It's quite strange that you think your account was hacked, how did you regain the access from the hacker? You must prove that someone else had posted the message if that's the only reason you got banned for.
April 18, 2023, 03:45:48 PM
I logged in to my offordscott account and noticed I was banned.

In my message history, I saw that a post was deleted.  I did not write that post.

So, someone must have hacked into my account and posted that message.

I'm hoping to regain access to my offordscott account.

I've been a long time member and it would be a shame to lose it.

Thanks for your help,
Scott
Pages:
Jump to: