Pages:
Author

Topic: OLD: BFGMiner 3.10.0: modular ASIC+FPGA, GBT+Strtm, RPC, Mac/Lnx/W64, AntU1, DRB - page 14. (Read 1192963 times)

Activity: 626
Merit: 500
Mining since May 2011.
With the recent release of Bitcoin Core 0.9.0 would it be prudent to reinstall BFGMiner? Does the new release have any effect on the current version of BFG?
No, there is no need for that. Completely separate code wise.
Activity: 37
Merit: 0
Hello all!

I just got my first miner setup with BFGminer. I'm running an Antminer U2. It is working, but the h/s is really low. Much lower than what it should be. It is currently running from 200-500 Mh/s when it is supposed to do 2 Gh/s w/o being overclocked.

Here is the command line that I am using. I typed it directly from the Support page of the BTCGuild website:

-o http://stratum.btcguild.com:3333 -u ****** -p ****** -S all --icarus-options 115200:1:1 --icarus-timing 3.0=100

Is there anything I can add to it to make it run up to par with its specifications? I tried Googling it and I noticed things like the clocking speed command for Antminers -> –set-device antminer:clock=x0981. I tried adding that at the end and it had no effect.

I posted elsewhere and found out that if I just deleted the icarus stuff that it would at least increase my h/s. It is now up to just under 1 Gh/s and holding pretty solid around there.

This is still undesirable, though. How can I optimize my hash rate?

Note: I have already installed the latest version of the CP210x_VCP driver for Windows.

That is the wrong settings.  Those are for USB Block Eruptor. Here is what mine are: "C:\bfgminer\bfgminer.exe -S antminer:all --set-device antminer:clock=x0A81 --http-port 8330". Yes I have some overclocking, no OC is x0881. The http-port has to do with my 'Cube (I just copied and pasted from my Windows shortcut).  It works for me, and I am on BTCGuild.

My config, without pools, and with settings for my USB Block Eruptors included:

"api-mcast-port" : "4028",
"api-port" : "4028",
"expiry" : "120",
"expiry-lp" : "3600",
"failover-only" : true,
"gpu-platform" : "0",
"log" : "5",
"no-pool-disable" : true,
"no-show-processors" : true,
"no-show-procs" : true,
"no-unicode" : true,
"queue" : "13",
"scan-time" : "60",
"skip-security-checks" : "0",
"submit-stale" : true,
"temp-hysteresis" : "3",
"shares" : "0",
"kernel-path" : "C:\\BFGMiner\\/bin",
"scan" : [
   "antminer:all",
   "all",
   "all",
   "all",
   "all",
   "all",
   "antminer:all"
],
"http-port" : 8330,
"set-device" : [
   "antminer:baud=115200",
   "cairnsmore:baud=115200",
   "erupter:baud=115200",
   "icarus:baud=115200",
   "antminer:work_division=1",
   "cairnsmore:work_division=1",
   "erupter:work_division=1",
   "icarus:work_division=1",
   "antminer:fpga_count=1",
   "cairnsmore:fpga_count=1",
   "erupter:fpga_count=1",
   "icarus:fpga_count=1",
   "antminer:timing=3.0=100",
   "cairnsmore:timing=3.0=100",
   "erupter:timing=3.0=100",
   "icarus:timing=3.0=100",
   "antminer:clock=x0A81",
   "antminer:clock=x0981",
   "antminer:clock=x0A81"
]
}
Activity: 13
Hello all!

I just got my first miner setup with BFGminer. I'm running an Antminer U2. It is working, but the h/s is really low. Much lower than what it should be. It is currently running from 200-500 Mh/s when it is supposed to do 2 Gh/s w/o being overclocked.

Here is the command line that I am using. I typed it directly from the Support page of the BTCGuild website:

-o http://stratum.btcguild.com:3333 -u ****** -p ****** -S all --icarus-options 115200:1:1 --icarus-timing 3.0=100

Is there anything I can add to it to make it run up to par with its specifications? I tried Googling it and I noticed things like the clocking speed command for Antminers -> –set-device antminer:clock=x0981. I tried adding that at the end and it had no effect.

I posted elsewhere and found out that if I just deleted the icarus stuff that it would at least increase my h/s. It is now up to just under 1 Gh/s and holding pretty solid around there.

This is still undesirable, though. How can I optimize my hash rate?

Note: I have already installed the latest version of the CP210x_VCP driver for Windows.
Activity: 651
Merit: 501
My PGP Key: 92C7689C
I'm trying to build the gridseed fork on a Raspberry Pi.  I already have the standard bfgminer built and running on this RPi, controlling Bitfury and BFL hardware.  When I try to build the gridseed fork, though, it fails on link:

*** error snipped; see above ***

More info:

It looks like it needs lowl-vcom.c to be built and the resulting object file linked in, but the build system isn't pulling it in for some reason.  After make, lowl-vcom.o doesn't exist.

Another update, this time with a workaround:

I had been building with just Gridseed support.  Adding support for another miner that uses lowl-vcom (the Avalon driver needs this too, for instance) will build a working bfgminer.  I might go back and rebuild with Bitfury and BFL support and try using one binary for all mining in this rig, since those are all the hardware types attached to it.

With that in place, having bfgminer.conf set up is useful to keep from screwing up options at the command line.  Here's what I'm using with two Gridseeds:

Code:
{
"pools" : [
        {
                "url" : "stratum+tcp://multi2.wemineall.com:5555",
                "user" : "salfter.miner2",
                "pass" : "x",
                "pool-priority" : "0"
        }
]
"api-listen" : true,
"api-mcast-port" : "4029",
"api-port" : "4029",
"expiry" : "120",
"expiry-lp" : "3600",
"log" : "5",
"no-pool-disable" : true,
"no-show-processors" : true,
"no-show-procs" : true,
"no-submit-stale" : true,
"queue" : "90",
"scan-time" : "60",
"scrypt" : true,
"skip-security-checks" : "0",
"temp-hysteresis" : "3",
"shares" : "0",
"kernel-path" : "/usr/local/share/bfgminer",
"scan" : [
        "gridseed:/dev/ttyACM0",
        "gridseed:/dev/ttyACM1"
],
"set-device" : [
        "gridseed:clock=850"
],
"api-allow" : "W:127.0.0.1,192.168.100.0/24"
}

The API port was moved to 4029 because another bfgminer instance on port 4028 is using the Bitfury and BFL hardware to mine Bitcoin.  The "scan" array lets you point it at the appropriate devices ("gridseed:all" tried to grab the BFL miners on /dev/ttyUSB* as well), and the "set-device" array lets you set clockspeed. "temp-hysteresis" and "kernel-path" probably aren't needed, but I haven't tried removing them. "queue" should probably be reduced; it was set ridiculously high to keep my Bitfury boards running.
legendary
Activity: 966
Merit: 1003
With the recent release of Bitcoin Core 0.9.0 would it be prudent to reinstall BFGMiner? Does the new release have any effect on the current version of BFG?
Activity: 266
Merit: 250
thanks for the prompt reply - I'll be happy to test that code for you when it's ready. I keep a few of my GS's on the ready for test purposes.

thanks!
Posted from Bitcointa.lk - #YmKw9o7hKRuhIkOY
Activity: 840
Merit: 1002
just got done compiling bfgminer on my rasberry and have gridseeds - can someone give me some pointers as to how to fire it up and dual mine with bfgminer?

Currently Dual Mode is only supported with the DualMiners (1-chip USB sticks). The 5-chip GridSeed devices allow full-speed Scrypt mining and overclocking if you build from my pre-release branch but there's no BTC or Dual Mode support (yet).

Luke and I are working on getting the DualMiner code finalized and merged and then I'll be digging back into the GridSeed driver to finish up all the features.
just got done compiling bfgminer on my rasberry and have gridseeds - can someone give me some pointers as to how to fire it up and dual mine with bfgminer?

thanks in advance.
Posted from Bitcointa.lk - #j4LfzjQ4ykNLYBPI
Activity: 651
Merit: 501
My PGP Key: 92C7689C
I'm trying to build the gridseed fork on a Raspberry Pi.  I already have the standard bfgminer built and running on this RPi, controlling Bitfury and BFL hardware.  When I try to build the gridseed fork, though, it fails on link:

*** error snipped; see above ***

More info:

It looks like it needs lowl-vcom.c to be built and the resulting object file linked in, but the build system isn't pulling it in for some reason.  After make, lowl-vcom.o doesn't exist.
Activity: 350
Bitcoin Evengelist
2. Sometimes on starting miner, 1-2 gridseeds don't join. Switching off the power to the gridseeds as well as restarting usually fixes that. Not sure if bfgminer can recylce them programmatically, but that'll be cool.
Did you try going to (M)anage Devices > (+)Add Device > all (from within bfgminer)?
This works for me, after a few seconds it will add all missing devices.

Yes, that sometimes works for me. Other times some devices won't show accepted shares but start working again after a psu/usb hub reset. I wonder if that's because of bfgminer or maybe the difficulty is set too high from the pool and some GS just can't mine fast enough. The pool probably only sees one worker at 3.5Mh and not 10x GS?
Bitcoin Evengelist
Been using the PR2 version of bfgminer for my 10 gridseeds. Some observations:

1. Out of all three (cgminer, bfgminer, cpuminer), I've found bfgminer to be the most stable for longer durations
2. Sometimes on starting miner, 1-2 gridseeds don't join. Switching off the power to the gridseeds as well as restarting usually fixes that. Not sure if bfgminer can recylce them programmatically, but that'll be cool.
3. I'm sure you know the issue with reporting diff as 0 for all accepted shares
4. Didnt get bfgminer.conf to work with gridseeds.

are you on pi?

have you gotten dualmode to work yet or have you tried?

jeff

Nopes not yet. I just placed an order to get the model b, so I don't have to keep my desktop powered up all the time.
Activity: 112
Merit: 10
Did you try going to (M)anage Devices > (+)Add Device > all (from within bfgminer)?
This works for me, after a few seconds it will add all missing devices.

1. Out of all three (cgminer, bfgminer, cpuminer), I've found bfgminer to be the most stable for longer durations

are you on pi?

have you gotten dualmode to work yet or have you tried?

jeff
Bitcoin Evengelist

Activity: 29
Build is failing for me on FreeBSD 9.1-STABLE ... I've installed the only uthash port there is -

Code:
rob@phoenix:/usr/ports$ pkg_info | grep uthash
uthash-1.9.8p2      hash table for C structures
rob@phoenix:/usr/ports$ make search key=uthash | grep ^Path | grep uthash
Path:   /usr/ports/devel/uthash
rob@phoenix:/usr/ports$

but it's failing to find it (or it's looking for something else) -

Code:
rob@phoenix:~/bfgminer-3.10.0$ ./configure --enable-scrypt --enable-cpumining
checking build system type... x86_64-unknown-freebsd9.1

checking whether HASH_ITER is declared... no
configure: error: Could not find HASH_ITER - please install uthash-dev 1.9.4+
rob@phoenix:~/bfgminer-3.10.0$

I've tried moving the header files into the bfgminer top directory, as well as passing /usr/local/include to configure as the include path on the command line, but I keep getting the same error.

Any suggestions/pointers?

Cheers.
legendary
Activity: 1428
Merit: 1001
Okey Dokey Lokey
MultiMiner would not let me set my pool, Looked for hours, It wouldn't let me, theres no readme.

Right-click on any of the devices and it will show a list of the coins you have configured. Click one to select that coin for that device. You can also multi-select devices.

Admittedly the documentation is light but it exists and there are blog posts describing its usage as well, and a big forum thread too.

Also, there are tips shown on startup and one of the first ones tells you about right-clicking devices (and if you click the tip, it shows the right-click context menu).

ANY OTHER IDEAS? Seriously, MultiMiner was a clusterfuck, "Hang on installing bfgminer even though you said not to"

How did you "say not to"? MultiMiner installs BFGMiner as a first step. There is no "saying not to".
The very first popup i got inside the actual multiminer app when it asked about initial configuration said something like "multiminer would like to download bfgminer somethingsomething you can choose not to by selecting configure insetead of clicking Next" Anyways, this is the BFGminer thread, lets stop talking about MM here.

Thankyou for your help
MultiMiner would not let me set my pool, Looked for hours, It wouldn't let me, theres no readme.

Right-click on any of the devices and it will show a list of the coins you have configured. Click one to select that coin for that device. You can also multi-select devices.

Admittedly the documentation is light but it exists and there are blog posts describing its usage as well, and a big forum thread too.

Also, there are tips shown on startup and one of the first ones tells you about right-clicking devices (and if you click the tip, it shows the right-click context menu).

ANY OTHER IDEAS? Seriously, MultiMiner was a clusterfuck, "Hang on installing bfgminer even though you said not to"

How did you "say not to"? MultiMiner installs BFGMiner as a first step. There is no "saying not to".
legendary
Activity: 1428
Merit: 1001
Okey Dokey Lokey
Use MultiMiner, It uses BFGMiner as a back end and has a great GUI and you can set each device to it's own coin if you want.  It also has an easy setup for adding arguments for your SHA and Scrypt miners.
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/multiminer-any-miner-any-where-on-any-device-free-open-source-cross-platform-248173
Try it out it will be much easier and do what you need it too.

Hey just wondering, Is there a way to get BFGminer to mine two differant coins at once with differant devices?
I've got a few USB ASIC's plugged in and im finally deciding to switch my GPU's over to LTC, and i was hoping it would be as simple as setting the GPU's to script and changing the pool for them (somehow)

but i expect to have to run two differant instances of bfgminer
Any other ideas.... ANY...
Im practically at the point of (lol) grabbing GUI miner for my scrypt mining, and leave BFG miner running the ASICs
never the less, this is still running two instances of BFGminer,
Help please
"Getting started" Does not, nor did it ever, appear, i CANNOT set my pool, i've uninstalled and reinstalled multiminer, no luck, I CANNOT SET THE POOL
There's only support for Scrypt mining with the 5-chip GridSeed units currently, and it's not official yet (you must compile from a Git branch). There is support for DualMode with the 1-chip DualMiner sticks though (still unofficial, still requires using a separate branch).
can it sucessfully be complied for OpenWRT or are the some special impossibru dependencies?

Yes it can be cross-compiled for OpenWRT.
Activity: 826
Merit: 1000
°^°
I have a small gridseed farm would these drivers allow me to run BFGminer 3.10.0 windows 7 64bit with 2 instances of Bfgminer for dual mining. Any help would greatly be appreciated Thanks all  

There's only support for Scrypt mining with the 5-chip GridSeed units currently, and it's not official yet (you must compile from a Git branch). There is support for DualMode with the 1-chip DualMiner sticks though (still unofficial, still requires using a separate branch).
can it sucessfully be complied for OpenWRT or are the some special impossibru dependencies?
Pages:
Jump to: