Pages:
Author

Topic: OLD: BFGMiner 4.10.0: GBT+Stratum, RPC, Mac/Linux/Win64, Spondoolies SP30 - page 23. (Read 308349 times)

legendary
Activity: 2576
Merit: 1186
So for Zeus it would then be zus@//./COM1:342?

Make sure your slashes are facing the right way:  \ instead of /  But yeah, that should do it.

--set-device zus@\\.\COM1:Clock=342

It's actually working better with forward slashes. Otherwise you need to escape them but even then it might not work.
Forward slashes shouldn't work at all. The code looks for backslashes explicitly:
https://github.com/luke-jr/bfgminer/blob/65a7398457a858a9a22d5bb3b309d1e7bf21a2d4/miner.c#L537
legendary
Activity: 1237
Merit: 1010

Make sure your slashes are facing the right way:  \ instead of /  But yeah, that should do it.

It's actually working better with forward slashes. Otherwise you need to escape them but even then it might not work.
Activity: 520
Merit: 500

legendary
Can I use BFGMiner with 2 different types of ASIC devices at the same time?  Currently I’m running 10 AntMiner U2’s, I just ordered a few Rockminer R-BOX units.  I’d like to run all from 1 instance of BFG.

Yep, Currently have 3 NanoFurys (F1/F2), 23 Antminer U1/U2 and 6 r-boxes all running.

I could use some help writing a config file, mine seems to only save pools.

Do you specify different speeds for the U1 and U2?  I have both and I have everything running at the same speed because I couldn't figure out how to run some at 0981 and others at 0781.

Code:
bfgminer.exe -o stratum+tcp://stratum.bitcoin.cz:3333 -u worker -p xxx -S antminer:all --set-device antminer:clock=x0781

To set individual frequencies on those beasts, you need to use:

-S antminer:all --set-device antminer@\\.\com#:clock=x####  so you'll need to know the COM#

Activity: 520
Merit: 500
Can I use BFGMiner with 2 different types of ASIC devices at the same time?  Currently I’m running 10 AntMiner U2’s, I just ordered a few Rockminer R-BOX units.  I’d like to run all from 1 instance of BFG.

Yep, Currently have 3 NanoFurys (F1/F2), 23 Antminer U1/U2 and 6 r-boxes all running.

Do you specify different speeds for the U1 and U2?  I have both and I have everything running at the same speed because I couldn't figure out how to run some at 0981 and others at 0781.

Code:
bfgminer.exe -o stratum+tcp://stratum.bitcoin.cz:3333 -u worker -p xxx -S antminer:all --set-device antminer:clock=x0781

To set individual frequencies on those beasts, you need to use:

-S antminer:all --set-device antminer@\\.\com#:clock=x####  so you'll need to know the COM#
Activity: 361
Merit: 267

Code:
legendary
What are the exact commands/config options to set Zeus Blizzard clock rates per device?
Activity: 42
Merit: 0

legendary
Can I use BFGMiner with 2 different types of ASIC devices at the same time?  Currently I’m running 10 AntMiner U2’s, I just ordered a few Rockminer R-BOX units.  I’d like to run all from 1 instance of BFG.

Sure. There was a config some pages back I think that did the same thing, might just read through the last couple pages. Hope that helps.
Activity: 361
Merit: 267
Can I use BFGMiner with 2 different types of ASIC devices at the same time?  Currently I’m running 10 AntMiner U2’s, I just ordered a few Rockminer R-BOX units.  I’d like to run all from 1 instance of BFG.
legendary
Anyone got this 4.4.0 with Zeusminer Blizzards running and care to share startup parameters and config file? Cheers!

Code:
bfgminer -S zus:all -o host:url -O user:pass

Yeah thanks, but I already copied the string that MultiMiner generates and copied a config from somewhere and edited it to my needs. Works pretty well.

Code:
bfgminer --scrypt --scan noauto -S zeusminer:\\.\COM10 -d zeusminer@\\.\COM10 -S zeusminer:\\.\COM11 -d zeusminer@\\.\COM11 -S zeusminer:\\.\COM3 -d zeusminer@\\.\COM3 -S zeusminer:\\.\COM4 -d zeusminer@\\.\COM4 -S zeusminer:\\.\COM6 -d zeusminer@\\.\COM6 -S zeusminer:\\.\COM7 -d zeusminer@\\.\COM7 -S zeusminer:\\.\COM8 -d zeusminer@\\.\COM8 -S zeusminer:\\.\COM9 -d zeusminer@\\.\COM9 --set zus:chips=6 --set zus:clock=328 --set zus:ignore_golden_nonce=1 -c miner.conf

Code:
{
"pools" : [
{
"url" : "stratum+tcp://stratum.nicehash.com:3333",
"user" : "...",
"pass" : "d=512",
"pool-priority" : "0"
},
{
"url" : "stratum+tcp://eu2.multipool.us:7777",
"user" : "jeezy.512",
"pass" : "x",
"pool-priority" : "1"
},
{
"url" : "stratum+tcp://us-east2.multipool.us:7777",
"user" : "jeezy.512",
"pass" : "x",
"pool-priority" : "2"
}
],
"expiry" : "120",
"expiry-lp" : "3600",
"failover-only" : true,
"failover-switch-delay" : "120",
"log" : "20",
"no-pool-disable" : true,
"no-client-reconnect" : true,
"no-show-processors" : true,
"no-show-procs" : true,
"no-unicode" : true,
"queue" : "9999",
"quiet-work-updates" : true,
"quiet-work-update" : true,
"scan-time" : "20",
"scrypt" : true,
"submit-stale" : false,
"temp-hysteresis" : "3",
"shares" : 0,
"kernel-path" : "C:/mining/bfgminer-4.4.0-win64/bfgminer"
}
Activity: 840
Merit: 1002
Anyone got this 4.4.0 with Zeusminer Blizzards running and care to share startup parameters and config file? Cheers!

Code:
bfgminer --scrypt -S zus:all -o host:url -O user:pass
Activity: 798
Merit: 1000
It's random.  Sometimes it'll just not hash on half aboard by the time I plug int the third Gridseed G-blade or the 5th or the 6th. RANDOMNESS sucks!!!  Angry

No change.

If I would be in Your place (and I'm not, because I'm poor small miner that moves very slowly and now up to the R-box and Gridseed 5-chip miners  Undecided) I would have made CGWatcher+BFGminer instance started for each half of the blade. Setup could be done in minutes, not so elegant, but solves frustration of undefined restarts and babysitting unreliable gridseed hardware.

Thanks for the heads up. Since I'm not a Linux person I wouldn't begin to know how to do this. Also, for some strange reason my G-blade miners have been working great for the last 72 hours with no problems. I didn't do a thing to them to make this happen. All of a sudden I guess the gremlins decided to leave my equipement alone. Go figure.

The CGWatcher+BFGminer combo isn't a Linux thing... it's a Windows thing.  For Linux, you'd only need BFGMiner and maybe some shell scripts.

Just search for CGWatcher.  Or use Multiminer which will do some of the same stuff.
legendary
Activity: 161
Merit: 100
It's random.  Sometimes it'll just not hash on half aboard by the time I plug int the third Gridseed G-blade or the 5th or the 6th. RANDOMNESS sucks!!!  Angry

No change.

If I would be in Your place (and I'm not, because I'm poor small miner that moves very slowly and now up to the R-box and Gridseed 5-chip miners  Undecided) I would have made CGWatcher+BFGminer instance started for each half of the blade. Setup could be done in minutes, not so elegant, but solves frustration of undefined restarts and babysitting unreliable gridseed hardware.

Thanks for the heads up. Since I'm not a Linux person I wouldn't begin to know how to do this. Also, for some strange reason my G-blade miners have been working great for the last 72 hours with no problems. I didn't do a thing to them to make this happen. All of a sudden I guess the gremlins decided to leave my equipement alone. Go figure.
Activity: 736
Merit: 262
Me, Myself & I
It's random.  Sometimes it'll just not hash on half aboard by the time I plug int the third Gridseed G-blade or the 5th or the 6th. RANDOMNESS sucks!!!  Angry

No change.

If I would be in Your place (and I'm not, because I'm poor small miner that moves very slowly and now up to the R-box and Gridseed 5-chip miners  Undecided) I would have made CGWatcher+BFGminer instance started for each half of the blade. Setup could be done in minutes, not so elegant, but solves frustration of undefined restarts and babysitting unreliable gridseed hardware.
legendary
Activity: 1288
Merit: 1004
Great news Nate.
Thanks for the hard work as always.

git clone -b feature\/reinit-hung-gridseed https://github.com/nwoolls/bfgminer.git

Thanks for the help there.

Hi Nwoolls.  I applied the bfgminer v4.4.0 from your branch.  Thanks for the assist on that.
But, (there's always a but) I still I have no change.

I'd stick with v4.4 for now. There are a couple of things I am looking at.

Another user alerted me to an issue that, while rare, can cause hangs with a GridSeed depending on the speed of the device and amount of work being sent to it (easier to see with G-Blades and P2Pool). That is only in the changes after v4.4.

I have a fix for that along with a planned fix for another hang for the GridSeed devices. I've talked to the maintainer of one of the CPUMiner forks for GridSeed and he's suggested a fix that I'll be testing.
Activity: 840
Merit: 1002
git clone -b feature\/reinit-hung-gridseed https://github.com/nwoolls/bfgminer.git

Thanks for the help there.

Hi Nwoolls.  I applied the bfgminer v4.4.0 from your branch.  Thanks for the assist on that.
But, (there's always a but) I still I have no change.

I'd stick with v4.4 for now. There are a couple of things I am looking at.

Another user alerted me to an issue that, while rare, can cause hangs with a GridSeed depending on the speed of the device and amount of work being sent to it (easier to see with G-Blades and P2Pool). That is only in the changes after v4.4.

I have a fix for that along with a planned fix for another hang for the GridSeed devices. I've talked to the maintainer of one of the CPUMiner forks for GridSeed and he's suggested a fix that I'll be testing.
Activity: 177
Merit: 100
blkmk_append_coinbase_safe2, https://gitorious.org/bitcoin/libblkmaker/commit/9f5e949f7e1e0bb49bfe8eab1d99107b3114b4c7

What do I need to copy besides bfgminer from a linux build system to a target system so I don't get undefined reference to the above?

I've tried building with/without system libblkmaker, backed down to bfgminer-3.5.x for now.
Undefined reference would mean you're trying to use a BFGMiner compiled with a newer version of libblkmaker, on a system that only has an older version of it.
Copying the newer libblkmaker should work (it's backward compatible with stuff using older versions).

Found them, did the trick!

Thanks
legendary
Activity: 2576
Merit: 1186
blkmk_append_coinbase_safe2, https://gitorious.org/bitcoin/libblkmaker/commit/9f5e949f7e1e0bb49bfe8eab1d99107b3114b4c7

What do I need to copy besides bfgminer from a linux build system to a target system so I don't get undefined reference to the above?

I've tried building with/without system libblkmaker, backed down to bfgminer-3.5.x for now.
Undefined reference would mean you're trying to use a BFGMiner compiled with a newer version of libblkmaker, on a system that only has an older version of it.
Copying the newer libblkmaker should work (it's backward compatible with stuff using older versions).
Pages:
Jump to: