Pages:
Author

Topic: OLD: BFGMiner 4.10.0: GBT+Stratum, RPC, Mac/Linux/Win64, Spondoolies SP30 - page 18. (Read 308349 times)

Activity: 650
Merit: 500
Pick and place? I need more coffee.
I have on of Friedcat's Tubes and am using bfgminer as the stratum proxy. I keep getting an "Error from bufferevent" message every now and then. What is that error?

I am curious about this as well.  Seems when this happens the controller for the tubes locks up and needs to be power cycled. Then all

is well until: a block is found on the network-->this error-->lockup-->powercycle.  I know this is not really a problem with Bfgminer

It is the crappy firmware running on the controller, but I don't mind using Bfgminer as a proxy.  I can monitor its API, something I

cannot do with the controller. Roll Eyes
Activity: 43
Merit: 0
just wondering if there is an update as to when support for hexminer boards will be integrated?
I was also wondering if there is support for the hex16a2 I have four of them sitting around
Activity: 247
Merit: 250
if i overclock my fury to 340, what happen?
overheat? more watt consumed?
ok, fury isn't good to overclock... xD
with 328 i get around 1.32-1.35MH/s
and with 340 only 1.1MH/s xD
if i overclock my fury to 340, what happen?
overheat? more watt consumed?
Activity: 419
Will this compile on cygwin?
I don't regularly test it, but it did at one point.
Very recently, git has some changes that could interfere with that, so if you have any issues, please let me know.

If I end up going that route I will let you know. Gonna try out an openwrt build first.
Activity: 207
Merit: 100
Can someone tell me what the flags are in 4.3.0 for the Zeus Blizzard/GAW Fury? I can't seem to find them documented.

Specifically I want to lower the clock to reduce the percentage of HW errors. Currently at around 6%

6% sounds normal from what I've seen and read. You can try lowering the clock with:

Code:
--set zus:clock=320

The default is 328.

Is the GAWMiners fury presently supported?

Yes - it's a rebranded ZeusMiner Blizzard.

Thank you. Looks like all I need to is recompile and enable scrypt and I"m good to go!
Activity: 840
Merit: 1002
Can someone tell me what the flags are in 4.3.0 for the Zeus Blizzard/GAW Fury? I can't seem to find them documented.

Specifically I want to lower the clock to reduce the percentage of HW errors. Currently at around 6%

6% sounds normal from what I've seen and read. You can try lowering the clock with:

Code:

The default is 328.

Yes - it's a rebranded ZeusMiner Blizzard.
Activity: 207
Merit: 100

Code:

The default is 328.

legendary
Activity: 2576
Merit: 1186
I don't regularly test it, but it did at one point.
Very recently, git has some changes that could interfere with that, so if you have any issues, please let me know.
Activity: 857
Merit: 1000
Anger is a gift.
I have on of Friedcat's Tubes and am using bfgminer as the stratum proxy. I keep getting an "Error from bufferevent" message every now and then. What is that error?
Activity: 419
Activity: 658
CCNA: There i fixed the internet.
it's happen when i plug and unplug my usb mouse D:

That looks like a permissions issue. What it looks like is: when you plug in the mouse, bfgminer detects a new USB device and tries to probe for mining hardware. It can't since it's a  HID device which need escalated priveleges to access and so throws a harmless error message saying bfgminer cannot probe the new device.
it's happen when i plug and unplug my usb mouse D:
i mining with my fury and several times i see that:
http://prntscr.com/4h78wl
what is it!?
EDIT: another screenshot: http://prntscr.com/4ha8cj
I am using Minera with BFGMiner but I have noticed that BFGMiner is not letting me hash at full speed.  I only can get 70% of the throughput before getting hardware errors.
Additionally, I have noticed that BFGMiner taking up CPU load up to 3.5  I think there may be a bottleneck somewhere within BFGMiner that is causing this excessive CPU usage.

My Miners are 2 x Zeus Lightning X6.  I should be able to hit 84 MHs with both units... as per CGMiner.

Unfortunately we do not have access to this specific hardware to test. Can you test on a PC by chance?
I am currently running the CGMiner 3.1.1 with Zeus support from Zeusminers on an EeePC running Windows XP and it is working fine... I will try with BFGMiner once I download it for Windows.
with my fury, with cgminer 600/900KH/s, with bfgminer always 1.3/1.5MH/s, i highly recommend using bfg. Smiley
(scrypt mining)
my concern is where did you obtain your windows copy of bfgminer that has gpu mining built-in. For the longest time now it was a default to leave out of compilation.
That's just CPU. Official Windows binaries are compiled with GPU and have it enabled by default for scrypt.

*blush* mah bad
legendary
Activity: 2576
Merit: 1186
my concern is where did you obtain your windows copy of bfgminer that has gpu mining built-in. For the longest time now it was a default to leave out of compilation.
That's just CPU. Official Windows binaries are compiled with GPU and have it enabled by default for scrypt.
i have bought a fury... all is perfect but bfgminer mine with my fury and with my gpu: http://prntscr.com/4gpu14
how to disable gpu mining? my laptop is very hot...
Code:
bfgminer.exe --scrypt -S zus:all -o stratum+tcp://doge-eu.poolerino.com:3333 -u albysprx.1 -p x --set zus:chips=6

You can always hit "D" and then use the arrow keys to move down to your GPU, then just hit "D" again to disable it.  Then hit "Enter" to escape from the "Device" screen.

yeah but there is a command to put in the command line? because i don't want to do it every times i open the .bat......

bfgminer.exe --scrypt -S opencl:noauto -S zus:all -o stratum+tcp://doge-eu.poolerino.com:3333 -u albysprx.1 -p x --set zus:chips=6

or

bfgminer.exe --scrypt -S noauto -S zus:all -o stratum+tcp://doge-eu.poolerino.com:3333 -u albysprx.1 -p x --set zus:chips=6

the first will tell bfgminer to NOT scan for opencl devices (GPUs)
the second tells bfgminer to look for nothing, then look explicitly for Zues devices.

i have bought a fury... all is perfect but bfgminer mine with my fury and with my gpu: http://prntscr.com/4gpu14
Code:
bfgminer.exe --scrypt -S zus:all -o stratum+tcp://doge-eu.poolerino.com:3333 -u albysprx.1 -p x --set zus:chips=6

You can always hit "D" and then use the arrow keys to move down to your GPU, then just hit "D" again to disable it.  Then hit "Enter" to escape from the "Device" screen.

yeah but there is a command to put in the command line? because i don't want to do it every times i open the .bat......
Activity: 520
Code:

Pages:
Jump to: