Pages:
Author

Topic: Old blockchain.info wallet from 2014 and before -16,17,19 words precovery phrase - page 4. (Read 1831 times)

legendary
Activity: 2394
Merit: 5531
Self-proclaimed Genius
If anyone has any success with this please let me know.
Yes, check out @delfastTions's reply just two posts above yours.
Apparently, you'll have to be "persuasive" with backing from legal papers, law etc.

If you're willing to comply with their "requests" (KYC, AML and stuffs), it may be the straightforward way to set a new associated email to your wallet.
But as you can see in his experiment, there are ways to circumvent those privacy-breaking requirements.
Activity: 24
Merit: 4
Hi,

I'm also trying to access my Blockchain.com wallet. I have a 17 word phrase, Wallet ID and password.

The one thing I don't have is the associated email address.

I've contacted the support but no luck so far.

If anyone has any success with this please let me know.
legendary
Self-proclaimed Genius
I have 18 word PASSWORD RECOVERY MNEMONIC which is NOT a SEED PHRASE
I also have my user name and password from old blockchain.info
-snip-
Still trying to find a solution to recover the wallet or wallet-id!
This had me thinking, you have a "user name" and not a wallet ID?
AFAIK, the closest thing to a username in the old blockchain(dot)info is their "Identifier".

According to their old recovery page, here (archived, don't use): web.archive.org/web/20141117184219/http://blockchain.info/wallet/forgot-password
the only way to recover the wallet is though their support by "convincing" them that you own it.
But since the identifier is useless in the new version, in case of a successful identification, you may be provided with a WalletID or something.
Activity: 1
Merit: 0
Same problem!

The email address is completely lost.
I also have a wallet address which probably does nothing!

18 word PASSWORD RECOVERY MNEMONIC converts to my password that I already know by using https://login.blockchain.com/wallet/forgot-password (by the way this link recovers only the password and NOT WALLET ID)

If your passphrase is old enough, it doesn't include the wallet id, only the password. The only way to recover the wallet id is if you have any old emails from blockchain.info or if you saved it somewhere.
legendary
Activity: 2702
Merit: 1465
~~~~

Same problem!

18 word PASSWORD RECOVERY MNEMONIC converts to my password that I already know by using https://login.blockchain.com/wallet/forgot-password (by the way this link recovers only the password and NOT WALLET ID)

But I will continue my story.
 The experiment was continued by me and was crowned with success.  This happened after I wrote a very long and reasoned message to support with links to legislation on personal data and my rights to privacy.  In general, I corresponded with support for about a month.  Eventually, the Blockchain.com technical service changed the email to confirm the login to the wallet and I was finally able to log into it.  So it turned out to be possible.  

Here is the personal data legislations I referred to.  You just need to quote legal norms in your correspondence and everything can work out without any photographs of your face or documents.

REGULATION (EU) 2016/679 OF THE EUROPEAN PARLIAMENT AND OF THE COUNCIL of 27 April 2016
on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/EC (General Data Protection Regulation)
( GDPR)

CAYMAN ISLANDS
DATA PROTECTION ACT  (2021 Revision)
Supplement No. 1 published with Legislation Gazette No. 29 dated 30th April, 2021.

I recommend that in your correspondence with support you cite the norm of the third principle (c) (GDPR) of working with personal data.  
This principle is present in the text of both laws.

"CHAPTER II
 Principles
 Article 5
Principles relating to processing of personal data

1. Personal data shall be:
(a)  processed lawfully, fairly and in a transparent manner in relation to the data subject (‘lawfulness, fairness and transparency’);
(b)  collected for specified, explicit and legitimate purposes and not further processed in a manner that is incompatible with those purposes; further processing for archiving purposes in the public interest, scientific or historical research purposes or statistical purposes shall, in accordance with Article 89(1), not be considered to be incompatible with the initial purposes (‘purpose limitation’);
(c)  adequate, relevant and limited to what is necessary in relation to the purposes for which they are processed (‘data minimisation’);
(d)  accurate and, where necessary, kept up to date; every reasonable step must be taken to ensure that personal data that are inaccurate, having regard to the purposes for which they are processed, are erased or rectified without delay (‘accuracy’);
(e)  kept in a form which permits identification of data subjects for no longer than is necessary for the purposes for which the personal data are processed; personal data may be stored for longer periods insofar as the personal data will be processed solely for archiving purposes in the public interest, scientific or historical research purposes or statistical purposes in accordance with Article 89(1) subject to implementation of the appropriate technical and organisational measures required by this Regulation in order to safeguard the rights and freedoms of the data subject (‘storage limitation’);
(f)  processed in a manner that ensures appropriate security of the personal data, including protection against unauthorised or unlawful processing and against accidental loss, destruction or damage, using appropriate technical or organisational measures (‘integrity and confidentiality’).
"
Activity: 2674
Merit: 865
yesssir! 🫡
Same problem!

Have you tried talking with blockchain.com's support? however, as we can read from delfastTions posts, unless you're prepared to undergo an identity verification, you should probably forget it. Also, I'm guessing the case will still be reviewed after the submission so success may not be guaranteed after.

As for your bitcoin address, do you think it's everything that has some satoshis? cause you could try to check in any block explorer (e.g. mempool.space) to see how much bitcoins are left to gauge how much you're willing to fight for.
Activity: 1
Merit: 0
I wonder if you have the json file (wallet backup file) with you? From what I saw, blockchain.com barely provides help when it comes to legacy accounts so if you don't have that, your chances are much more slimmer than before. They also advertise the wallet as non-custodial so I guess they can take a "we're only a software provider" stance or something similar.
Of course I don't  .json.  Apparently it would be easier with this file.

Sorry it wasn't clear to me but what was the specified service? keychainX? or this--https://login.blockchain.com/wallet/forgot-password?
Yeah, https://login.blockchain.com/wallet/forgot-password

Quote from: delfastTion
-snip-
Sorry it wasn't clear to me but what was the specified service? keychainX? or this--https://login.blockchain.com/wallet/forgot-password?
He's talking about their 2FA Reset form, here: https://login.blockchain.com/en/#/reset-2fa
After filling-up the form, it will show the user this message:

https://www.talkimg.com/images/2024/01/09/sV9Zd.png

So, on this specified service, I reset 2FA and entered a new email in the appropriate column, to which I naturally have access.  Then I received a notification that the recovery process had started.  And another message that the recovery process can last up to 2 weeks.  
Unfortunately, it's requesting for the associated email and not any other email address.

And their Email Authentication isn't their 2FA service so the reset 2fa page isn't going to do anything for your account.
It's only a mandatory authentication whenever you login using a new IP address, all their users has to do that to log-in (so much for being a non-custodial wallet)
Yeah!  You wrote everything correctly.  
It was through this link that I reset the 2FA authentication.  
However, of course, I do not have access to the old email that was used during registration.  
All I have is a 17 word passphrase and I know exactly when the wallet was created.  On the other hand, a cryptocurrency wallet service provider such as blockchain.info or Blockchain.com must develop rules of action in case the owner of the wallet loses access to the email from which he would have been registered.  This is a fairly common everyday situation.  

So I'm trying to figure out how to restore access to this custodial wallet using devs Blockchain.com.  I wrote in a letter to support the wallet id and the exact date of its creation.  And I wrote to them that I had 17 words of a passphrase "seed"?.
By the way, the service you specified from Blockchain.com allows you, knowing 17 words, to recover both the wallet id and password for logging into the wallet.  

I haven't received a response from support yet.  
But I will continue the experiment and report the results here in this thread.

Same problem!

legendary
Fraudsters take advantage of the fact that Blockchain.com is a fairly large service in the field of cryptocurrency turnover.  He is naturally at risk.  And the next information from the Temporary Commissioner of the City of London Police says in particular:

“National Fraud Intelligence Bureau (NFIB) identified a spoof email address being used to contact customers purporting to be from a Crypto Currency webservice (blockchain.com). Proactive research identified that a further forty two web domains had been registered including “actionfraud.info” & “department-fraud.com”. NFIB have arranged for the web domains to be blocked. “
legendary
Activity: 1008
Merit: 3001
In response to my appeal yesterday, I received a standard and, it should be noted, idiotic and arrogant response, including such a “crazy”  recommendation:

" Thanks for reaching out.
~~~~~
If you do not have your 12 Word (this is despite the fact that I wrote everywhere that I have a mnemonic phrase of 17 words. Smiley )  recovery phrase, our best current solution is to change the email address associated with your wallet.
In order to process this update on your profile, for security reasons we require you to please provide a high-resolution selfie holding the ID document used during verification and a paper with a handwritten text which must include:

Today's date
Today's bitcoin price
Your full name, address and date of birth
Your wallet identifier, current email address, 2FA type, creation date, and SMS number (if any).
Your new email address
 Once we have this information, we will be able to update the email on your Blockchain.com Wallet.
Thanks,"

They must have gone completely nuts  Grin  Grin  Grin
Seems like that the recovery method is still well and alive. I am sure that this method works for the average user but it is far too much information that I would like any entity to have (and send it in an e-mail form just makes it even worse).
(...) Such actions can probably be regarded as theft.  Do you think I'm right?
Whenever you sign up for a service such as these you agree that you are the sole responsible to keep any kind of data used to access your account safe (see Terms of Service[1] - Blockchain.com Account Access). In case that happens I guess they make use of part of their privacy policy[2] - 3. Use of Personal Data - in order to get the account back to you. This goes both ways - it prevents malicious actors of gaining access to the account but also makes the legitimate user forced to give up a considerable amount of private information in order to regain access to the account. If you explore the previous links that I posted you will see how far these kind of services go regarding collecting information about you.

Best course of action is just avoid them all together.

[1]https://www.blockchain.com/en/legal/terms
[2]https://www.blockchain.com/en/legal/privacy
legendary
Experiment Diary

2 days have passed since the first request to restore the wallet was sent.  
There were no messages from support.  Sad
I know someone that recently (~ 1 year) has lost access to the e-mail associated with their blockchain.info wallet created about 5-6 years ago. They only had their wallet ID and the password but since they were logging in from a new IP, a confirmation e-mail was always sent to that specific (and lost) e-mail. After some back and forth conversation with the support team he gave up on reclaiming the amount mainly due to the amount of information that the it was being asked. Here's the full detail of the requested information:
(...) we require you to please provide a high-resolution selfie holding the ID document used during sign-up and a paper with a handwritten text which should include:​
  • Changes to be applied to your profile
  • Blockchain.info username + e-mail address
  • Full name, address and date of birth
  • BTC current price
  • Current date
If this behaviour still continues (which I suspect it does) be prepared to provide some (if not all) of the information reported before if you want to access your wallet.
Of course, I am not going to participate in such a humiliating farce if, as a result of the experiment, I am required to undergo enhanced KYC.  If nothing works out in the anonymity mode of wallet recovery, then, naturally, my attitude towards Blockchain.com will change to a sharply negative one.  And this will obviously be partly bad advertising for them.

Experiment Diary
Start. Smiley

I received the following response from support:
"...
Thank you for reaching out. Unfortunately, I am not able to find an account with the email address you used to contact us with. May I kindly ask if you could confirm your full name and email address you used to create your Blockchain.com account?
..."

My answer :
" .... email address to which my wallet was registered on .. /.. /201.. in Blockchain.info: ....@.... .    I have lost access to this mailbox. Can you change the specified email to a work address:  .....@.....?
To confirm ownership of the wallet, I report the following: I made.... transactions at the specified address: 0jddft.....9a71f0ed,    7a763..... b5c93ea6,..... .
Now I need to restore access to the specified wallet and conduct a signal transaction confirming ownership of this account. Thank you."

In response to my appeal yesterday, I received a standard and, it should be noted, idiotic and arrogant response, including such a “crazy”  recommendation:

" Thanks for reaching out.
~~~~~
If you do not have your 12 Word (this is despite the fact that I wrote everywhere that I have a mnemonic phrase of 17 words. Smiley )  recovery phrase, our best current solution is to change the email address associated with your wallet.
In order to process this update on your profile, for security reasons we require you to please provide a high-resolution selfie holding the ID document used during verification and a paper with a handwritten text which must include:

Today's date
Today's bitcoin price
Your full name, address and date of birth
Your wallet identifier, current email address, 2FA type, creation date, and SMS number (if any).
Your new email address
 Once we have this information, we will be able to update the email on your Blockchain.com Wallet.
Thanks,"

They must have gone completely nuts  Grin  Grin  Grin

My answer :

"The wallet I specified in Blockchain.info was created solely by confirming the reply link from my email address on ..../.../ 201... in Blockchain.info, of which Blockchain.com is currently the legal successor (the specified address was given by me in the previous letter).  In 201..., no additional KYC requirements were imposed on me (and other clients of your service) other than confirmation of this email address by Blockchain.info.  Currently, I have saved all the information necessary to restore access to the wallet in your service.  The information consists of a mnemonic phrase of 17 words (and not 12 words, as you write for some reason!).  This phrase was used by your service in 201....  I know the address of my Legacy P2PKH wallet in mainnet btc, created using your service
~~~
I believe your demands for providing such KYC specifically, in this form, and in my case (just replacing the email address!) are not just formal and overly exaggerated, but also simply insulting towards me.  I again suggest that you fulfill your guarantee of access to my wallet as part of your public obligations on your part that arose after my use of your service.  And stop requesting personal data that is unnecessary in this case, which is personal information of a confidential nature and, accordingly, has legally regulated limited access.  I suggest you resolve this issue by simply changing your email address to a new one, taking into account all the data I previously provided and inform me about your decision.

Reply received:
"Thank you for reaching out!
I understand your point, however, this is the only way we can proceed with request of changing the email address since you could not longer access the verified email address registered to your account. I have no intentions in any way to make you feel uncomfortable. However, please understand as well that this is one of our protocols and we cannot proceed without the requested information.""

The experiment failed.
 It became clear to me how anti-user friendly Blockchain.com is towards its clients. 
All that remains is to wish them to go bankrupt quickly and get away from the arena where real cryptocurrency lovers play.

By the way, I wonder how many tens of thousands of accounts of early adopters of BTC they froze based on the loss of email and the user’s refusal to complete KYC in such an evil form as they wrote in their damn “protocol”?  And these people lost their BTC forever.  Such actions can probably be regarded as theft.  Do you think I'm right?
legendary
Activity: 1008
Merit: 3001
Experiment Diary

I know someone that recently (~ 1 year) has lost access to the e-mail associated with their blockchain.info wallet created about 5-6 years ago. They only had their wallet ID and the password but since they were logging in from a new IP, a confirmation e-mail was always sent to that specific (and lost) e-mail. After some back and forth conversation with the support team he gave up on reclaiming the amount mainly due to the amount of information that the it was being asked. Here's the full detail of the requested information:
(...) we require you to please provide a high-resolution selfie holding the ID document used during sign-up and a paper with a handwritten text which should include:​
  • Changes to be applied to your profile
  • Blockchain.info username + e-mail address
  • Full name, address and date of birth
  • BTC current price
  • Current date
If this behaviour still continues (which I suspect it does) be prepared to provide some (if not all) of the information reported before if you want to access your wallet.
legendary
All I have is a 17 word passphrase and I know exactly when the wallet was created.  On the other hand, a cryptocurrency wallet service provider such as blockchain.info or Blockchain.com must develop rules of action in case the owner of the wallet loses access to the email from which he would have been registered.  This is a fairly common everyday situation.
-snip-
In their new wallet version, that would be the users' BIP39-compatible backup phrase that can be restored pretty much anywhere.

Yours, the old version, however do not have a choice but to rely on their support.
Your 17-word account backup phrase is just equivalent to your walletID and password.
Yeah.  It's clear.  

Nevertheless, the guarantee of restoration of the old wallet by the custodial service should be somehow definitely regulated.  
Here I am, knowing this 17-word phrase, trying to figure out whether it will be possible to restore access to the wallet with the help of their support.  
Access to the original email has been lost, although I know this address myself.  It is generally impossible to restore access to this email.  
I also know the account number in the mainnet BTC to which transactions were carried out in the wallet.  
It is with this set of information that I am trying to conduct this experiment.
legendary
Self-proclaimed Genius
-snip-
In their new wallet version, that would be the users' BIP39-compatible backup phrase that can be restored pretty much anywhere.

Yours, the old version, however do not have a choice but to rely on their support.
Your 17-word account backup phrase is just equivalent to your walletID and password.
legendary
I wonder if you have the json file (wallet backup file) with you? From what I saw, blockchain.com barely provides help when it comes to legacy accounts so if you don't have that, your chances are much more slimmer than before. They also advertise the wallet as non-custodial so I guess they can take a "we're only a software provider" stance or something similar.
Of course I don't  .json.  Apparently it would be easier with this file.

Yeah, https://login.blockchain.com/wallet/forgot-password

-snip-
He's talking about their 2FA Reset form, here: https://login.blockchain.com/en/#/reset-2fa

So, on this specified service, I reset 2FA and entered a new email in the appropriate column, to which I naturally have access.  Then I received a notification that the recovery process had started.  And another message that the recovery process can last up to 2 weeks.  
Unfortunately, it's requesting for the associated email and not any other email address.

And their Email Authentication isn't their 2FA service so the reset 2fa page isn't going to do anything for your account.
It's only a mandatory authentication whenever you login using a new IP address, all their users has to do that to log-in (so much for being a non-custodial wallet)
Yeah!  You wrote everything correctly.  
It was through this link that I reset the 2FA authentication.  
However, of course, I do not have access to the old email that was used during registration.  

So I'm trying to figure out how to restore access to this custodial wallet using devs Blockchain.com.  I wrote in a letter to support the wallet id and the exact date of its creation.  And I wrote to them that I had 17 words of a passphrase "seed"?.
By the way, the service you specified from Blockchain.com allows you, knowing 17 words, to recover both the wallet id and password for logging into the wallet.  

But I will continue the experiment and report the results here in this thread.

legendary
Self-proclaimed Genius
-snip-

Activity: 2674
Merit: 865
yesssir! 🫡
Actually why am I writing in this thread.  I'm running an experiment and will report here how this recovery system in blockchain.info works.  How does support work and will I need to contact support again or several times.  Will support respond and what will they say?  And will I eventually be able to restore access to this custodial wallet?  I did all this yesterday.  So far there has been no response from blockchain.info.  When I enter my wallet number and password, it says that I need confirmation by email (to which I do not have access).  So far it's a vicious circle.

It appears blockchain.com can at least tell you the registered email address in your account? so keep pushing onto that  Cheesy

Remembering the creating date is now important as the support told me they can help me and will send me my old emailadress
if i prove that the wallet id is by me by naming the date or the wallet creating date.

copper member
Activity: 2016
Merit: 1783
฿itcoin for all, All for ฿itcoin.
>>snip<<

I doubt if support will help you out to recover the account
Having access to the original email would be much helpful, as you would just search up messages from Blockchain.info. That's what I did back then, even when I had forgotten my wallet ID, and it was right there in my inbox.

If changing an email address was that easy without access to the original email, just imagine how many people's accounts would get hacked. That right there would be a serious security loopehole.
legendary
I have long had a couple of abandoned wallets that were opened on blockchain.info in 2014.  Then, before them, the devs of this wallet came up with a seed phrase consisting of 16, 17, 19 words.  In my case it is 17 words.  I decided to try to restore access to these old accounts, although there is very little on them, maybe only ~ 1000 - 2000. sat.  Smiley But I was just wondering if I could get access to them and find out the real seed phrase to these 12-word in mainet accounts.  I used a service to find the wallet number and password, which is discussed above in this thread.  But I don’t remember, it seems like I didn’t report any of my email to blockchain.info at that time.  I don't remember at all?  But even if I sent them an email address, it was still lost.  So, on this specified service, I reset 2FA and entered a new email in the appropriate column, to which I naturally have access.  Then I received a notification that the recovery process had started.  And another message that the recovery process can last up to 2 weeks.  

Actually why am I writing in this thread.  I'm running an experiment and will report here how this recovery system in blockchain.info works.  How does support work and will I need to contact support again or several times.  Will support respond and what will they say?  And will I eventually be able to restore access to this custodial wallet?  I did all this yesterday.  So far there has been no response from blockchain.info.  When I enter my wallet number and password, it says that I need confirmation by email (to which I do not have access).  So far it's a vicious circle.
Activity: 372
Merit: 53
Telegram @keychainX
In 2013 and 2014 I had some blockchain.info wallet ... In time I lost emails and identifier, I totally forgot about. Recently I fund the mnemonic, aka seed aka recovery phrase. Wowww I was very happy. But my happy was not for long. The recovery phrases are NOT standard long, like 12 or 24 words, the phrase contain 16, 17 and 19 words + this words are NOT in the BIP39 wordlist.

blockchain info support not answer to my help request. I read on internet, reddit, bitcointalk, etc - that blockchain before 2014 used totally other wordlist (not the standard bip39 wordlist) and script Huh to create this mnemonic (seed)

any help and ideea would be appreciated how can I restore the btc address and private key from this old blockchain info's non standar bip39 wordlist ?

thanks for reading

****forgot to specify the recovery do not work on https://login.blockchain.com/wallet/forgot-password?guid=   ---site response Invalid Checksum

Then one or more words are wrongly written down. there areabout 50000 words for each to change.

we have written a brute forcer for it. if you still need help then pls reach out.

/KX

legendary
Self-proclaimed Genius
if you still need it:
You can recover your old blockchain.info wallet here:
https://login.blockchain.com/wallet/forgot-password?guid=
That's the same link OP mentioned in the first post and it didn't worked, he said it returned with "invalid checksum".
Pages:
Jump to: