Pages:
Author

Topic: Omg Help Exchange threatened to get me Rekt! - page 2. (Read 274 times)

Activity: 1056
Merit: 270
February 26, 2021, 01:01:33 PM
I'm from UK and Poloniex is in USA I believe.
Several days ago Citigroup loses bid to recover $500m sent to funds by mistake[1].

Generally, unless you withdraw currencies from your account, according to terms of use, they can freeze your account and stop the payments.
Withdrawing huge sums from a hot wallet is not easy, your account will be frozen and make sure that all payments are correct, so the probability of withdrawing 1000BTC that was sent to you by mistake is zero.

Also, many platforms tighten withdrawals to ensure that your account has not been hacked.

So hypothesis for a huge amount has 0% odds.
As for the small sums, they can hire a lawyer and take it back. Tongue Tongue

[1] https://www.ft.com/content/de433d55-5cea-4929-9954-c08e5b98f004

On what grounds did Citigroup lose on?

Wrong.
Poloniex is not from USA and I think Justin Sun better known for tron, owns it now after ownership change or he is surely heavily invested in it.
I don't think they are scam, but  they are not fully regulated and I don't fully trust any centralized exchange so I am not surprised with anything involved with them.

You should prove here with some screenshots how they made threats to you, but in theory they can always play the terms card if they want.
Few days ago one exchange PDAX sold customer Bitcoin for 6k by mistake and now they are asking it back just because they can, and there is nobody to stop them.
That is the risk of using exchanges.

Where is Polo based?

You mean the customer is asking for the bitcoins back?

If it's a huge amount they can try to use authorities to track you down with the help of your KYC details you have with them. I don't know which kind of coin/token you are talking about here. Tokens like USDT can be frozen in whatever address they have been sent to. It's just a matter of contacting the USDT team.

They can also contact exchanges to which you sent tokens to and request them to block your accounts

Is around $5k a huge amount for them?

When you say authorities do you mean something illegal has been committed? I don't see how this becomes a criminal law matter unless they can prove the coins were stolen or something right?

This should be a civil legal matter if Polo wants to chase it up legally so what is this authorities tracking me down like a criminal for a mistake they admitted they done?

[moderator's note: consecutive posts merged]
legendary
Activity: 2100
Merit: 1208
Heisenberg
February 26, 2021, 10:16:07 AM
If it's a huge amount they can try to use authorities to track you down with the help of your KYC details you have with them. I don't know which kind of coin/token you are talking about here. Tokens like USDT can be frozen in whatever address they have been sent to. It's just a matter of contacting the USDT team.

They can also contact exchanges to which you sent tokens to and request them to block your accounts
legendary
Activity: 2212
Merit: 7064
February 26, 2021, 09:32:40 AM

Wrong.
Poloniex is not from USA and I think Justin Sun better known for tron, owns it now after ownership change or he is surely heavily invested in it.
I don't think they are scam, but  they are not fully regulated and I don't fully trust any centralized exchange so I am not surprised with anything involved with them.

You should prove here with some screenshots how they made threats to you, but in theory they can always play the terms card if they want.
Few days ago one exchange PDAX sold customer Bitcoin for 6k by mistake and now they are asking it back just because they can, and there is nobody to stop them.
That is the risk of using exchanges.
Activity: 428
Merit: 107
February 26, 2021, 02:03:10 AM
If I was you I'd use their own dirt against them, perhaps this a gift from God but not unconditional, when they come asking for the money back refer them to one of their clients who's money the have stolen and ask them if the case has been resolved.

February 25, 2021, 03:16:34 PM
Several days ago Citigroup loses bid to recover $500m sent to funds by mistake[1].

Generally, unless you withdraw currencies from your account, according to terms of use, they can freeze your account and stop the payments.
Withdrawing huge sums from a hot wallet is not easy, your account will be frozen and make sure that all payments are correct, so the probability of withdrawing 1000BTC that was sent to you by mistake is zero.

Also, many platforms tighten withdrawals to ensure that your account has not been hacked.

Its not bitcoins but an altcoin that is worth about around $5k now. I was giving bitcoins as an example.

Have I violated Poloniex User Agreement in their User Agreement?

Can a exchange reverse transactions with cryptocurrency? For example if I withdrawn coins to Bittrex from Poloniex, can poloniex reverse the transaction a couple of weeks later after withdrawal or do they have the legal right to liaise with Bittrex exchange to get them to recover or liquidate my assets on Bittrex to cover their mistake? Can a exchange find out which wallet or exchange it went to by looking at the blockchain explorer?
legendary
Activity: 2506
Merit: 3645
Buy/Sell crypto at BestChange
February 25, 2021, 04:39:28 AM

February 24, 2021, 08:47:23 PM

I fully verified on there back in 2017.

Yes coins have been withdrawn.

What can they do to me? What power they have?
If its their mistake then its a loss for them since its just normal for you to pull off those coins as it should be and now asking to give it back?

Its up to you if you would really follow it through but how in the world would you consider such stuff? Cherish those coins you do had.  Grin

Yes they asking for them back threatening me.
Activity: 2996
Merit: 609
February 24, 2021, 07:56:15 PM

If its their mistake then its a loss for them since its just normal for you to pull off those coins as it should be and now asking to give it back?

Its up to you if you would really follow it through but how in the world would you consider such stuff? Cherish those coins you do had.  Grin
February 24, 2021, 07:44:19 PM
Why would you trade on scam exchange?
They are long gone and become scam exchange.

Look at these threads below.

- Threatening EXIT SCAM on POLONIEX or just worst service? *** WARNING ***
- poloniex.com scam
- Poloniex SCAM !!! warning
- Poloniex scammed me!!!

And there are more reports from this exchange.

So that's not a mistake I believe they have a bad intention about giving you 1000BTC. Have you tried to withdraw them?
If they ask something about your identity or ask to deposit be careful they are going to scam you or stole your identity that they can use for scamming purposes.

legendary
Activity: 2688
Merit: 1065
Undeads.com - P2E Runner Game
February 24, 2021, 07:44:01 PM
They already said that they deposited an amount by mistake so what's your point? Do you really want to trade the funds knowing you received them by mistake and Poloniex in this case admitted their mistake right away?

Only spend it if no one claimed it or the notice by Poloniex is late before you withdrew it.

About your example, give us some examples of airdrops that you can use an exchange address to participate in. Mostly, an address needed in airdrop should be control by you.

So that's not a mistake I believe they have a bad intention about giving you 1000BTC.

I think that's just an example and OP didn't mention exactly the coin he received.
legendary
Activity: 3290
Merit: 3011
BTC price road to $80k
February 24, 2021, 07:29:06 PM
Why would you trade on scam exchange?
They are long gone and become scam exchange.

Look at these threads below.

- Threatening EXIT SCAM on POLONIEX or just worst service? *** WARNING ***
- poloniex.com scam
- Poloniex SCAM !!! warning
- Poloniex scammed me!!!

And there are more reports from this exchange.

So that's not a mistake I believe they have a bad intention about giving you 1000BTC. Have you tried to withdraw them?
If they ask something about your identity or ask to deposit be careful they are going to scam you or stole your identity that they can use for scamming purposes.
February 24, 2021, 06:55:29 PM
Hello,

Poloniex said that they credited/deposited my account with coins by mistake   Huh

Lets say Poloniex credited my account with over 1000 Bitcoins and a day later I withdrew them and liquidated them elsewhere and bought other coins with it because I assumed it was a free airdrop or reward in my account or whatever promotion I see all the time on exchanges because I see free air drops of new coins in my other exchange accounts few times a year so I assumed these new coins in my Poloniex account are legally mine.

Poloniex saying they will get authorities involved  Angry

What is Poloniex Terms of service/User Agreement regarding coin deposits and legally speaking who is liable for what if this turns into a civil legal matter?
Pages:
Jump to: