Pages:
Author

Topic: On the cover page of The Economist - page 4. (Read 3717 times)

legendary
Activity: 2114
Merit: 1040
A Great Time to Start Something!
October 30, 2015, 09:28:38 PM
If it was in the Chinese equivalent of the Economist it would be bigger news. The British Bitcoin exchanges don't dominate the market like the Chinese ones, their volume is tiny. Perhaps there has already been an article in the Chinese equivalent that we don't know about, and that's what's pumped the price. It's good to see Bitcoin getting more publicity though.

The current "media cycle" has turned positive for Bitcoin, and that has helped fuel the huge rallies in the past.  Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1456
Merit: 1001
October 30, 2015, 09:24:09 PM
Wow, this was important to introduce more people on bitcoin. The cover of economic magazines is seen by a lot of people. This people provably will want to know more about bitcoin and will ask a friend or will search more info on internet.
Activity: 348
Merit: 250
October 30, 2015, 08:43:19 PM
If it was in the Chinese equivalent of the Economist it would be bigger news. The British Bitcoin exchanges don't dominate the market like the Chinese ones, their volume is tiny. Perhaps there has already been an article in the Chinese equivalent that we don't know about, and that's what's pumped the price. It's good to see Bitcoin getting more publicity though.
Activity: 770
Merit: 506
October 30, 2015, 08:33:54 PM
Good - it reaches a lot of people who invest but don't  know anything abut Bitcoin other than they have heard the name in passing.
legendary
Activity: 952
Merit: 1003
--Signature Designs-- http://bit.ly/1Pjbx77
October 30, 2015, 07:58:04 PM
It's great to have an article in the Economist about bitcoin. Not quite, mostly about blockchain technology. I believe this could be a better approach to have economists (people) appreciate bitcoin. Most have debunked bitcoin for it's deflationary properties.

The article talks about nothing bitcoiners wouldn't know:

...But most unfair of all is that bitcoin’s shady image causes people to overlook the extraordinary potential of the “blockchain”, the technology that underpins it. This innovation carries a significance stretching far beyond cryptocurrency. The blockchain lets people who have no particular confidence in each other collaborate without having to go through a neutral central authority. Simply put, it is a machine for creating trust.

Direct link:
http://www.economist.com/news/leaders/21677198-technology-behind-bitcoin-could-transform-how-economy-works-trust-machine

Via Google if site wouldn't let you read the article:
https://www.google.com/search?q=The+trust+machine+site%3Aeconomist.com&oq=The+trust+machine+site%3Aeconomist.com
Activity: 140
Merit: 100
October 30, 2015, 07:51:03 PM
Bitcoins will at least set the trend of making all transactions public with blockchain technology.
Activity: 112
Merit: 10
October 30, 2015, 07:48:27 PM
WOW. I think it's great that bitcoin is now FAMOUS. I'm not too familiar with this magazine but the way you describe it makes me quite happy about bitcoin. And if it does rise the price I think it will be a great help for Bitcoin.
legendary
Activity: 1610
Merit: 1183
October 30, 2015, 07:31:01 PM
Yeah im sure this has been commented before today. Huge news, even tho they insist on the "blockchain technology" discourse if you read the actual article. Cool looking cover, but the article commits the same mistake of all the other guys on mainstream media did. I guess it's how they cope with the fact Bitcoin is about to disrupt the entire industry, so they want to stick with the blockchain tech thing.
legendary
Activity: 3052
Merit: 1047
Your country may be your worst enemy
October 30, 2015, 07:21:46 PM

To people who are not familiar with this magazine, it's very highly regarded everywhere in Europe. It's British and more than 150 years old. I bet this cover page alone is worth a rise of at least 3% in BTC's price. The article is also available online but you need to register.

http://www.economist.com/
Pages:
Jump to: