Pages:
Author

Topic: One Week in Islam: What is Wrong With This Faith??? - page 5. (Read 6142 times)

Activity: 994
Merit: 441
You may feel safe and treated well Skwanderer - as an American male professional of substance and with connections, that would likely be true in many Islamic nations.  Your comfort level says little about the extent of radical activity and sentiment, which more often targets other Muslims who are insufficiently Islamic...   

We're still holding at Guantanamo the Indonesian terrorist leader, Riduam Isamuddin (better known as "Hambali") who was Bin Laden's chief of operations in SE Asia, leader of Jemmah Islamiyah.   Thai Police and CIA captured him in 2005.  Abu Bakar Bashir, who acted as JI's spiritual leader, and was finally convicted (only after Indo govt bowed to international pressure) of conspiracy for his part in Bali bombings, and got 2 and 1/2 years - a slap on the hand considering the act. He walks free today, and is still popular.  Zero doubt elements in the country are sympathetic to, give safe haven to other Jihadists, though they have local goals. 

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Riduan_Isamuddin
http://www.cfr.org/indonesia/jemaah-islamiyah-k-jemaah-islamiah/p8948
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abu_Bakar_Bashir
Activity: 364
Merit: 250

A few posts from now somebody will tell you how everything you say about islam is also true about Buddhism, Christianity, all religions should be banned, or you should be banned yourself for being an islamophobe spreading terrible lies about the religion of peace.

Smiley

Look at the world, the whole world. Now look at the nations that islam has built and compare them to the nations that Christianity built. Where would you rather live and what religion would you prefer to live with? The lefties will tell you that Christians are just as bad if not worse than muslims but can you look at the world and really believe that? Do we really need to change America so that muslims are free to implement sharia law and force Christians to hide their religion behind closed doors?
http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2014-06-17/isis-stunner-terrorist-organizations-annual-reports-unveiled-reveal-full-investment-
Actually, Indonesia is pretty peaceful.  They've had a few incidents over the years but I've never felt anything but safe and welcome in Indonesia.  The people are more friendly to me than they are here at home by a wide margin and I've been all over the main Muslim places like Makassar on Sulawesi.  I love it there.  Id go almost anywhere in Indonesia in a heartbeat. 
Activity: 448

A few posts from now somebody will tell you how everything you say about islam is also true about Buddhism, Christianity, all religions should be banned, or you should be banned yourself for being an islamophobe spreading terrible lies about the religion of peace.

Smiley

Look at the world, the whole world. Now look at the nations that islam has built and compare them to the nations that Christianity built. Where would you rather live and what religion would you prefer to live with? The lefties will tell you that Christians are just as bad if not worse than muslims but can you look at the world and really believe that? Do we really need to change America so that muslims are free to implement sharia law and force Christians to hide their religion behind closed doors?
http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2014-06-17/isis-stunner-terrorist-organizations-annual-reports-unveiled-reveal-full-investment-
Activity: 350
hey, don't be so offensive, this is their culture.. leave them alone!  don't be shoving your white privilege down their throats!!
legendary
Activity: 3752
Merit: 1217
Members of both the Qatari and the Saudi religious families have been funding the Al Qaeda affiliated groups for many decades now. And the Americans are remaining silent, as they don't want to anger the oil-rich sheikhs. 
Activity: 223
Merit: 100

Smiley

Prove it.  Show "A Week in Buddhism", "A Week in Christianity", etc., and point out all the current violent similarities.  For example, some links to the head-severing Buddhists, or the Christian groups that machine-gunned a bunch of Islamic kids last week will do.  The fact is, there's currently more violence around the world in the name of Islam than any other religion, even Judaism (Israel).  That's not to say all Muslims are terrorists, but the good ones should do a better job of standing up to the bad ones, lest they all get lumped together.

Go ahead and bring up the Crusades or the witch burnings if it makes you feel better, but I'm more concerned with current activity than ancient history, as ancient history can no longer kill me.

...then we agree...

Right, that wasn't meant as a challenge to you, but as I read it again I see how it may sound that way.  It was a feeble attempt at "Yeah, what he said."
legendary
It seems strange to me that the country that gives us and funds a reasonably good news network like Al-Jazeera also uses that money to fund Jihad.

There are two recent examples.

1. The Qatari support for ISIS in Syria (and probably in Iraq also).

http://world.time.com/2012/09/18/syrias-secular-and-islamist-rebels-who-are-the-saudis-and-the-qataris-arming/
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/middleeast/qatar/10022759/Qatar-playing-with-fire-as-it-funds-Syrian-Islamists-in-quest-for-global-influence.html

2. Qataris supporting the Al Qaeda in Mali.

http://www.france24.com/en/20130121-qatar-mali-france-ansar-dine-mnla-al-qaeda-sunni-islam-doha/

There are many more examples from around the world.
legendary
Activity: 826
Merit: 1002
amarha
Qataris began flooding them with the petro-dollars and Jihadi ideology.

Qataris are Jihadists?

Qatar is pouring in billions of USD every year in to poorer nations such as Bangladesh and India, in order to strengthen the hardline factions there. The moderates are being sidelined as a result of this, as they can't compete with the hardliners successfully. What the Saudis were doing a decade ago, the Qataris are doing it currently.

It seems strange to me that the country that gives us and funds a reasonably good news network like Al-Jazeera also uses that money to fund Jihad.

Activity: 588
Merit: 500
first of all i am kathlic...
islam is 600 years younger than christianity... in the 1400 years "we" had the inquisation and the church called for holy wars to free the holy land from the unfaithfull..
seems there are some hardliner who misunderstand or misuse the islam... just like some in christianity missunsed the bilble in the mid eval ages..
there are three religions which are based on a holy book... christianity with the bible, islam with the quran and judaism with the tora... all three religions have more in commen than most think or know...
just my 2 btc
legendary

Qataris are Jihadists?

Qatar is pouring in billions of USD every year in to poorer nations such as Bangladesh and India, in order to strengthen the hardline factions there. The moderates are being sidelined as a result of this, as they can't compete with the hardliners successfully. What the Saudis were doing a decade ago, the Qataris are doing it currently.
legendary
Activity: 826
Merit: 1002
amarha

Qataris are Jihadists?
Activity: 574
Merit: 500
freedomainradio.com
If it wasn't that serious it would be funny how many people don't know what "Jihad" actually means.
legendary
Activity: 1176
Merit: 1001
minds.com/Wilikon

Smiley

Prove it.  Show "A Week in Buddhism", "A Week in Christianity", etc., and point out all the current violent similarities.  For example, some links to the head-severing Buddhists, or the Christian groups that machine-gunned a bunch of Islamic kids last week will do.  The fact is, there's currently more violence around the world in the name of Islam than any other religion, even Judaism (Israel).  That's not to say all Muslims are terrorists, but the good ones should do a better job of standing up to the bad ones, lest they all get lumped together.

Go ahead and bring up the Crusades or the witch burnings if it makes you feel better, but I'm more concerned with current activity than ancient history, as ancient history can no longer kill me.

...then we agree...

legendary
What's wrong is a total lack of tolerance. Muslims expect you to behave and to dress (especially women) the way they do, and in some places the few radical muslims will kill you if you don't.

I don't have any problem with them if they want to implement stone age laws in their own nations. But what I don't want is them to impose their laws on everyone else, especially in Europe.

legendary
Activity: 3066
Merit: 1047
Your country may be your worst enemy
What's wrong is a total lack of tolerance. Muslims expect you to behave and to dress (especially women) the way they do, and in some places the few radical muslims will kill you if you don't.
Activity: 57
Merit: 0
Weekly Jihad Report
Jun 14 - Jun 20

Jihad Attacks: 50
Allah Akbars*: 4
Dead Bodies: 565
Critically Injured: 519

*Suicide Attacks

http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/

Activity: 223
Merit: 100

Smiley

legendary
Most of the Islamic countries were peaceful before the Saudis and Qataris began flooding them with the petro-dollars and Jihadi ideology. The Saudis are like a cancer to the world.
legendary
Activity: 1512
Merit: 1011
    In Indonesia:

Radical Islamists in Indonesia have been celebrating and swearing allegiance to ISIS on line, raising concerns that more potential terrorists will be attracted to the conflicts in Iraq and Syria… Jakarta-based terrorism expert Sidney Jones says Indonesians are known to be fighting in Syria, and that Indonesians attracted to ISIS are more radical than the Bali bombers.
i live in indonesia and never heard this news in newspaper, online news portal and television Smiley

sidney jones, LOL  Grin
an islamophobia who tried classify islamic people in indonesia with her own categorize Grin
radical islam, conservative islam, moderate islam
and force us to use that, lol
she was expelled and banned from entering Indonesia for two times by government
legendary
Activity: 1176
Merit: 1001
minds.com/Wilikon

Smiley

EDIT: I was right: post #30  Cheesy Grin Cheesy Why are humans so predictable?

Pages:
Jump to: