Pages:
Author

Topic: OneVillain.com Heads-Up Poker - page 5. (Read 9677 times)

Activity: 759
Merit: 502
September 18, 2012, 03:44:57 AM
I have one issue with the software, when a new table opens, I have to move it bit up because I cannot see the buttons at bottom (my netbook has resolution 1024x600) and sometimes (about 10% of the time) the table freezes (I cannot move the table anymore) and I cannot do anything and I see no action on the table (I have to refresh the page and login again, and it opens the table and I can play - but in some cases it freezes again and I have to repeat  Undecided). I using IE 8.0 and Google Chrome 21.0, both have the same issue about 10% of the time
Activity: 83
Merit: 10
September 17, 2012, 01:59:34 PM
lol.  Cuntrag is a nice guy!  He's volunteering to create some images for us, a big help.  I think maybe he just acts rude at the table to throw his opponents off.  Wink
Pi
Activity: 28
Merit: 0
September 17, 2012, 01:08:33 PM
Best site around with some of the nicest people you'd ever play against. Except cuntrag... He's a different story lol.
September 17, 2012, 12:23:37 PM
Cool I credited you each with 100 chips, good luck guys.
Activity: 759
Merit: 502
September 17, 2012, 07:11:42 AM
I would like to check it out, my nick is d3bil.

As I play HU SNG exclusively, any chance you make your weekly rake race to include SNGs as well? I mean SNG with fee > 0 will count as 1 raked hand...

Activity: 148
September 17, 2012, 02:53:51 AM
'll check it out. The name is Shagnasty.
September 17, 2012, 12:09:05 AM
20 BTC Freeroll this coming weekend!  To qualify, play 100 raked hands (Sit & Go's will also count as 1 raked hand) between the beginning of Monday and the end of Saturday.

Raked Hands Race was fun, gonna tweak it by doing the freeroll. Additional 1BTC bonus to the top 5 on the list.

Tournament will be at 7pm ET on Sunday, September 23rd.  Raked hands list will be tracked and updated on our promotions page.
September 16, 2012, 03:55:56 PM
Ya, we want to give best value across the board.  It so happens that the lower stakes get an especially good deal, since we round down on collecting rake (so nothing is collected on any pot under 100 chips, and then not again until the next 100 increment).  And that's probably good, for the reason you mention.  Caps are all changed to 2 big blinds or less now.  
Activity: 44
September 15, 2012, 11:21:44 PM
Thanks for the answers. I agree the lowest games are really cheap on rake now. Which is a good thing I think to get people to try it out. Furthermore even with higher rake you wouldn't make much from those stakes anyway
September 15, 2012, 11:16:05 PM
Ok some questions about the rake.

- Are you using a no flop no drop policy?

- The maximum rake is actually pretty high for high stakes where you will reach the cap frequently. Are there any plans to bring this more inline with pokerstars or does the lower percentage rake for low stakes compensate for this in your eyes?

- Also what times is it the busiest on your site?

Right, no flop no drop. 

Ya, the cap on some of the intermediate stakes games might need some adjusting. Right now the cap is 100 chips across the board.  For the really high stakes, this is actually pretty cheap (especially in conjunction with 1% overall). The small stakes games basically play rake free most of the time and at 1% rake they don't really have an opportunity to pass what would be the cap on other sites, so it's sort of moot.  But for some of the mid-level stakes, the cap right now doesn't make sense, will adjust. Thanks.

Right now the busiest time really varies.  I'll see games going when I expect it to be empty, and I'll see it empty when I expect games to be going.  I would say 5-9pm EST is probably the best shot right now.
September 15, 2012, 10:20:34 PM
Ok some questions about the rake.

- Are you using a no flop no drop policy?

- The maximum rake is actually pretty high for high stakes where you will reach the cap frequently. Are there any plans to bring this more inline with pokerstars or does the lower percentage rake for low stakes compensate for this in your eyes?

- Also what times is it the busiest on your site?
Pi
September 15, 2012, 05:25:44 PM
Thanks a lot. Gotta say I'm loving this site.. Good luck man
September 15, 2012, 01:08:59 PM
Sent to both of you, good luck!
September 15, 2012, 01:40:40 AM
Can I get some chips, I'll provide valuable feedback. username: peter885

Pi
September 14, 2012, 11:51:35 PM
Pi314. If offer is still available
September 14, 2012, 08:27:48 PM
Glad it's working correctly for you!
legendary
Activity: 2940
Merit: 1333
September 14, 2012, 02:54:44 AM
It's ultimately just a matter of preference since everyone has equal opportunity to draw the bye, so if it seems like your way is popular we may tweak the software to run the tournaments that way (or offer both formats). But hopefully that explanation makes sense for the meantime.

That makes sense, sure.  I was just surprised, being used to how Stars does its heads-up tournaments.

* I signed up for the site yesterday.  When I came back today it was asking for my password again.  I thought I told it "remember password".  Maybe I'm mistaken.
It's working fine for us, test it deliberately next time you log in and let us know.

* Yesterday I definitely told it to "auto muck" and use "4 color deck".  Both these settings were forgotten when I logged in today.
Same computer and browser?  Mavens does remember these settings.  Can you login again and see if it's a one time issue or if it's still forgetting? Thanks.

Both these problems seem fixed now.  I'm wondering if perhaps Chrome crashed or my laptop ran out of power before it got to save the settings.  Actually, I think I remember the OS locking up hard shortly after I first played, and having to do a cold reboot.

Thanks for the 100 chip comp.  Smiley
September 12, 2012, 05:38:30 AM
Oh, I forgot one:

* "Last updated: Tuesday 23:17" at the bottom of the promotions page.  Would be nice to see a timezone after the time, or it doesn't mean anything to me (unless it's always my local time, but it's Tuesday 23:12 here, so it's probably not my local time).
Good call, we'll specify the time zone, fixed on the latest update.  It's EST by the way.

I just played some 1/2 NLHE.  After a bunch of hands we hadn't had a single raked hand, so agreed we would both go all-in pre-flop blind on the next hand to get a raked hand.  Is that kind of manipulation allowable?  Am I right to think the pot needs to get to at least 100 chips before it is raked?
Ya, you're right, our rake is 1% rounded down.  So nothing is ever raked if the pot is below 100 chips.  

Agreeing to something like that with your opponent is fine. If we find that the raked hands promotion is being abused, we'll just try something different in the future.

I think that's all.  That will be 300 chips please.  Wink
100 chips credited to your account.  Smiley
September 12, 2012, 05:34:33 AM
Hey dooglus,

* I signed up for a freeroll.  There were 3 of us registered.  I got a bye in the first round, then got to play the winner from the first 2.  When I got to play, I had 1500 chips, but the other guy had 3000 chips.  Doesn't seem very fair to me that he had double my stack.  I was expecting each match to start with both players having 1500 chips, but it seems you keep your stack from one match to the next.
Ya, you keep your stack.  We think it's the best way to do it.  You have half the stack, but you only have to beat 1 opponent to win the whole tournament.  With half of his stack, mathematically you're 1 in 3 to beat him, so you and the other 2 players all have the same odds of winning the tournament. (It just manifests differently where they're 50% to win their first table and then 2/3 to beat you, and you're 1/3 to beat one person.)

If the player drawing the bye was given the same stack for the final table, he'd have a 50% chance of winning whereas the other 2 players each have 25%.

It's ultimately just a matter of preference since everyone has equal opportunity to draw the bye, so if it seems like your way is popular we may tweak the software to run the tournaments that way (or offer both formats). But hopefully that explanation makes sense for the meantime.

* I signed up for the site yesterday.  When I came back today it was asking for my password again.  I thought I told it "remember password".  Maybe I'm mistaken.
It's working fine for us, test it deliberately next time you log in and let us know.

* Yesterday I definitely told it to "auto muck" and use "4 color deck".  Both these settings were forgotten when I logged in today.
Same computer and browser?  Mavens does remember these settings.  Can you login again and see if it's a one time issue or if it's still forgetting? Thanks.

legendary
Activity: 2940
Merit: 1333
September 12, 2012, 02:14:15 AM
Oh, I forgot one:

* "Last updated: Tuesday 23:17" at the bottom of the promotions page.  Would be nice to see a timezone after the time, or it doesn't mean anything to me (unless it's always my local time, but it's Tuesday 23:12 here, so it's probably not my local time).

I just played some 1/2 NLHE.  After a bunch of hands we hadn't had a single raked hand, so agreed we would both go all-in pre-flop blind on the next hand to get a raked hand.  Is that kind of manipulation allowable?  Am I right to think the pot needs to get to at least 100 chips before it is raked?
Pages:
Jump to: