Pages:
Author

Topic: Only $360mio of inflow needed to keep current price and reach next halving! - page 2. (Read 2002 times)

Activity: 167
Merit: 101

A lot of people don't realize that for the price of bitcoin to hold steady right now, people have to buy $1M worth (or 3,600 BTC) per day
https://twitter.com/brian_armstrong/status/629078912908132353

Block rewards are expected to halve some time around July 2016 (and continue halving after that). Even if buying holds steady, price climbs
https://twitter.com/brian_armstrong/status/629079656952561664
Activity: 442
Merit: 250
Bitcoin needs 1mil of new users... That's all  Wink
Activity: 815
Merit: 1000
For some reasons I start to think that miners would give up on mining after Mining block reward , I mean they was earning 25 BTC and they would be earning 12.5 will they still making profit with all electricity they are eating ? If not is it a possible theory that they will stop mining and Bitcoin will eventually die ?  Undecided
Bitcoin is the largest super computer in the entire world.... x500-2000!

I think we would be just fine if there was 100 times less mining.
Activity: 285
Merit: 10
Start making a bigger pile of BTC now. You will be regretful of this if you do not.
For some reasons I start to think that miners would give up on mining after Mining block reward , I mean they was earning 25 BTC and they would be earning 12.5 will they still making profit with all electricity they are eating ? If not is it a possible theory that they will stop mining and Bitcoin will eventually die ?  Undecided

Since miners will only receive half of the reward, they will ask higher price for the mined bitcoins? This will drive up price?
legendary
Activity: 3542
Merit: 1352
Cashback 15%

That is unlikely to happen because in theory, as the supply diminishes, the value rises. Same with bitcoin, if the price rise by some % in the next halving, chances are miners would still continue on mining with their machines. If the negative happens, some miners who cannot gain profit on mining will simply turn off their miners so as to prevent losses.
legendary
Activity: 3598
Merit: 2386
Viva Ut Vivas

Same arguments happened in 2012 before the first halving.

Unfortunately it was true. All miners stopped mining and Bitcoin ceased to be.

RIP
staff
Activity: 3500
Merit: 6152
legendary
Activity: 3598
Merit: 2386
Viva Ut Vivas
With over $700 million in VC funds so far this year, there is likely an expected return of at least that much money in return via the Bitcoin businesses they invested in. So $360 million is certainly quite feasible.
legendary
Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069
if the day trading activity and the buy/sell from big merchants or every small merchants is at sum zero or sligtly in favor of buyers(because apparently there are more holders), then the reduction of 500k should double the price in theory

i mean the current coins in circulation does not matter much , the new produced coins from miners each day are what impacts the price the most
Only $360mio of inflow needed to keep current price and reach next halving!

Next Bitcoin halving around July 1, 2016
https://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/3eu30l/bitcoin_clock_estimates_theres_now_less_than_a/ctigd6x

Untill July 1, 2016:  3600 BTC per day * 297 USD * 339 days = 362,458,800  USD

Per day:  3600 BTC * 297 USD =  1,069,200  USD

After halving, Per day: only 534,600 USD ( 1800 BTC * 297 USD) is needed to keep current price.

However, if inflow will still be $1mio, prices are expected to rise significantly
Pages:
Jump to: