Pages:
Author

Topic: Open Bitcoin Store: Free bitcoin online stores - page 2. (Read 17249 times)

Activity: 196
Merit: 116
Entrepreneur, coder, hacker, pundit, humanist.
Axilla,

Please send a message to the support desk ([email protected])

I have passed on the information but we will need some additional info from you.

I can find or reset the password for you, once I confirm the site info, unfortunately we do not enable email sending by default on the stores, you have to use your own email server - this is because we would otherwise be used by spammers as an email generator.
Activity: 217
Merit: 100
i lost the password and login to my wordpress site.. looking to get going on my store Smiley and i dont seem to be receving my emails to gmail for a recovery.
Most of them are not listed (as of today 138 stores), it takes time to add stock and make pretty.

We're about to finish work on OpenBitcoinStore 2.0, which will have an improved directory and more automatic listing.

Activity: 529
Merit: 500
Quick Update: 128 stores...

The directory only shows six stores.
Activity: 784
Merit: 1009
firstbits:1MinerQ

New features:

* Custom domain
* SSL certificates

Coming Soon:

* Electrum MPK addresses, for direct payment
* Auction support

Excellent. You are still on my radar as #1 choice for the Klondike store when I have a working design to sell.

That Electrum MPK support will be awesome. I have some code for that I already started on in my github (below) as I wanted something like this for my own use. You may want to take a look. It's unfinished as I got distracted by other things...
Activity: 810
Merit: 1000
*Like*

New features:

* Custom domain
* SSL certificates

Coming Soon:

* Electrum MPK addresses, for direct payment
* Auction support
Activity: 784
Merit: 1009
firstbits:1MinerQ
Will try this out later this month for selling Klondike boards/kits. Thanks!
We passed 100 free stores launched some time last week, in our first month of operation.

Some of the are succeeding and look amazing. Some have failed to get beyond the launch. That's ok, the whole point of openbitcoinstore is that you can try without cost or risk!

Do you have an idea that could allow you to earn bitcoin instead of buying bitcoin? Now you can try that idea.

Openbitcoinstore.com, it's free, it's easy, it take 30 seconds from idea to store.
Update: 68 stores completed and online. More every day.

Have an idea? Launch a store to sell it in under a minute. No cost, no credit cards, no technical skills needed.

Instructions: openbitcoinstore.com
Launch here: apply.openbtcshop.com
Activity: 294
Merit: 250
Im working on a openCart store or two, but I might try this out. Seems pretty cool.
Activity: 364
Merit: 100
Justice as a Service Infrastructure
This is pretty cool of you to offer this service for free, major props!
A quick update on Open Bitcoin Store.

There are now 64 stores fully deployed. Five or more stores are launched each day using the simple launch wizards.

We've got the process down to 16 seconds from form-to-store. Anyone can now be a bitcoin retailer, or at least try their business and sales skills, with no risk, no cost, no technical skills and no effort for the setup.

The project now has 16 volunteers helping with technical support, as well as half a dozen store owners who hang out on IRC daily. We're building a community, not just a bunch of stores

Join us!

openbitcoinstore.com

Does your store also work for fiat currencies? I'll be setting up an art store sometime soon and if so I'll definitely consider this…

Absolutely, the store can price the product in one of more than 100 currencies, including bitcoin. You can also accept payment by credit card or paypal. You can price in fiat and receive bitcoin, if you want, or price in fiat and receive fiat, or price in bitcoin and receive fiat.. etc.

It also supports different types of taxes and shipping and calculates both for the total amount.

Activity: 662
You might look at https://www.nearlyfreespeech.net for hosting the smaller stores - pay for what you use so it could be a lot cheaper than standard base shared hosting packages

Does your store also work for fiat currencies? I'll be setting up an art store sometime soon and if so I'll definitely consider this…
I'll keep doing updates, as the rate of adoption is quite impressive and inspiring:

Twenty four stores launched since the last update yesterday.
Six more stores launched overnight.

Keep it up bitcoiners!

http://apply.openbtcshop.com/

Self-service launch a store in less than a minute.
Activity: 529
Wow! Great job, guys!
OpenBitcoinStore is re-launched, with a ton of improvements:

- No credit card needed for any of it
- No waiting, it's all automatic
- Fewer configuration steps, it's mostly pre-configured
- A wizard that makes it ridiculously easy - just 4 pieces of information: Store name, title, subtitle, email and password.
- The wizard deploys with one click in 18 seconds.

Instead of reading more stuff, you could have a store ready 30 seconds from now.

The new wizard: http://apply.openbtcshop.com:8080/

Full instructions at openbitcoinstore.com

Our hosting is paid by donations and is free for all store owners.

Donate here: http://openbitcoinstore.com/index.php/donate/

Thank you for all the support.

Our slogan: Let a thousand bitcoin stores bloom! (I'm now confident we'll be there by the end of the year)
A quick update. 76 store applications, 6 launched before we froze the beta to deal with some bugs. We will be resuming store launches next week.

To solve the hosting issues and remove the need for store owners to verify with a credit card, I've decided to build a multi-tenant, multi-server load-balanced OpenBitcoinStore hosting option on AWS. We will be funding the hosting from donations, paid via a donor's credit card. The estimated cost will be approximately $2,500 for the first year. I am confident we can raise that from donations and willing to front it myself if I'm wrong.

This will allow us to continue to offer a free store to any store owner, without needing a credit card. We will be able to  scale through CDN, and load balancers to deliver the necessary performance, resiliency and availability.

We will be re-launching OpenBitcoinStore with a much simpler, faster, store signup process next week.

We have learnt a lot of lessons from the BETA and we can now apply those lessons to the next stage.

Many thanks for all the support.
Pages:
Jump to: