Pages:
Author

Topic: [OPEN] BM1380 Worldwide Chip Groupbuy - page 2. (Read 7327 times)

legendary
Activity: 2128
Merit: 1002
December 18, 2013, 02:19:54 AM
Those are the files we already had. The fab has informed us that the files are missing manufacturer part numbers and information relating to the pin out of the control board. I can get a quote on the hashing board itself along with the assembly cost but we can't get the information for the control board. Also we are missing the compiled pic binary so without all the information we might be forced to either re write it ourself or more likely just switch over and use a raspberry pi.

Or if the released the chip protocol we could design a control board or make a usb adapter that would plug into a host pc.

We also have the option of potentially buying control boards from them but we don't know the price of them yet.
I'm a bit confused I guess.  I loaded up the control board project, and I didn't see any parts that couldn't be derived from footprint and part number, except the generic popcorn parts which you would be replacing with your preferred equivalents in your design anyway... unless you were just planning to reprint their design?

The PIC binary and hashing chip protocol are an issue though, yeah...  I guess could you could sniff out the protocol pretty easily, but it sounds like you're trying to do something a little more turnkey from their original files.  Keep us posted, and let us know when you plan to respond to pms.  Thanks.

Yes we are aiming to replicate the S1 design and would need the control information or the chip protocol to do so. The hope was that we would be able to replicate the design instead of have to redesign parts as that would bring down the lead time and simplify production.

Sorry i missed the pm. Just responded then.

thanks

I've sold some S1 miners to buyers. (5 units)
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/antminer-s1-180ghs-360w-out-of-stock-356341

Buzz me if you still need this info - >> "would need the control information or the chip protocol to do so"

Activity: 168
Merit: 100
December 18, 2013, 01:54:48 AM
Thanks for the reply.  It sounds like all the sample chips are locked up in your S1 replication project, so I guess the rest of us should plan on waiting until production chips are available to test out our designs.  Given how bogged down Bitmain is in meeting demand, maybe someone who already had an S1 can sniff out the protocol for you?  That way you can start working on a replacement firmware in case they can't deliver the pic hex.

Talk to you again in a couple months.  Let us know when payments open up.  Thanks.
Activity: 630
Merit: 501
Miner Setup And Reviews. WASP Rep.
December 18, 2013, 01:34:12 AM
Those are the files we already had. The fab has informed us that the files are missing manufacturer part numbers and information relating to the pin out of the control board. I can get a quote on the hashing board itself along with the assembly cost but we can't get the information for the control board. Also we are missing the compiled pic binary so without all the information we might be forced to either re write it ourself or more likely just switch over and use a raspberry pi.

Or if the released the chip protocol we could design a control board or make a usb adapter that would plug into a host pc.

We also have the option of potentially buying control boards from them but we don't know the price of them yet.
I'm a bit confused I guess.  I loaded up the control board project, and I didn't see any parts that couldn't be derived from footprint and part number, except the generic popcorn parts which you would be replacing with your preferred equivalents in your design anyway... unless you were just planning to reprint their design?

The PIC binary and hashing chip protocol are an issue though, yeah...  I guess could you could sniff out the protocol pretty easily, but it sounds like you're trying to do something a little more turnkey from their original files.  Keep us posted, and let us know when you plan to respond to pms.  Thanks.

Yes we are aiming to replicate the S1 design and would need the control information or the chip protocol to do so. The hope was that we would be able to replicate the design instead of have to redesign parts as that would bring down the lead time and simplify production.

Sorry i missed the pm. Just responded then.

thanks
December 18, 2013, 01:28:16 AM

I'm a bit confused I guess.  I loaded up the control board project, and I didn't see any parts that couldn't be derived from footprint and part number, except the generic popcorn parts which you would be replacing with your preferred equivalents in your design anyway... unless you were just planning to reprint their design?

The PIC binary and hashing chip protocol are an issue though, yeah...  I guess could you could sniff out the protocol pretty easily, but it sounds like you're trying to do something a little more turnkey from their original files.  Keep us posted, and let us know when you plan to respond to pms.  Thanks.
December 17, 2013, 11:13:18 PM

Activity: 228
This is not good for my Chi... Yifu
December 17, 2013, 09:41:57 PM
Just found it,
cheers,

kev
December 17, 2013, 09:25:44 PM
BitMine update git.
Now we have  schematics, PCBs etc. All  files need for reference design miner and controller.

Beastlymac, time for collect orders and post estimated time for delivery.

Gandalf,
Any link to the github repository containing all the goodies?

cheers,
kev
It was in the hardware announcement thread in Custom Hardware:
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/bitmains-bm1380-chip-is-open-for-ordering-10000-chips-for-999btc-36btcth-364236

https://github.com/AntMiner
Activity: 228
This is not good for my Chi... Yifu
December 17, 2013, 09:07:40 PM
BitMine update git.
Now we have  schematics, PCBs etc. All  files need for reference design miner and controller.

Gandalf,
Any link to the github repository containing all the goodies?

cheers,
kev
Activity: 322
Merit: 250
Supersonic
December 17, 2013, 03:20:21 PM
I am happy to order as soon as I can get some rough estimates for cost Smiley

+1 .. cost and expected timeline
Activity: 448
December 17, 2013, 03:18:02 PM
I am happy to order as soon as I can get some rough estimates for cost Smiley
Activity: 259
Dig your freedom
December 17, 2013, 03:16:39 PM
BitMine update git.

December 17, 2013, 10:36:58 AM
I assume replies to PMs will go out after the PO is sorted out with bitmain?
December 15, 2013, 09:04:31 AM
Beastlymac,

Depending on costs for USB sticks to be manufactured and timing, I'm down for 1000 to 2000 chips.

We won't have usb cost until we have got a design and prototype tested. For that we are waiting on a response from bit main on sample chips that we can use to test the design.
Bitmine still not post BOM and ref design files. Do you have plan to publicize your design ?
Can I count for sample chip to ?
Some of the information was incomplete. Please pm me with your design information.
Activity: 20
Merit: 0
December 15, 2013, 08:47:16 AM
Waiting on fab price of rack size miner.
Activity: 259
Dig your freedom
December 15, 2013, 08:00:31 AM
Beastlymac,

Depending on costs for USB sticks to be manufactured and timing, I'm down for 1000 to 2000 chips.

We won't have usb cost until we have got a design and prototype tested. For that we are waiting on a response from bit main on sample chips that we can use to test the design.
Bitmine still not post BOM and ref design files. Do you have plan to publicize your design ?
Can I count for sample chip to ?
December 15, 2013, 12:17:45 AM
Beastlymac,

Activity: 11
Merit: 0
December 14, 2013, 07:38:29 PM
I would be in for at least 50 depending on final cost of miner USB would be great. I would also have to pay in USD

Sorry payment is in BTC as that is what we have to pay Bitmain with.

NP understood  Smiley
Activity: 314
:)
December 14, 2013, 04:38:55 PM
Beastlymac,

Activity: 99
Merit: 10
December 14, 2013, 08:22:29 AM
I can take 256 chips or more if I know the price of a miner.
December 14, 2013, 06:48:02 AM
I would be in for at least 50 depending on final cost of miner USB would be great. I would also have to pay in USD

Sorry payment is in BTC as that is what we have to pay Bitmain with.
Pages:
Jump to: