Pages:
Author

Topic: [OPEN] Group Buy ASICMiner Blade (mini or full) - page 2. (Read 6034 times)

Activity: 148
Merit: 100
lame... still no announcement. at this point 10 ghs in block erupters (10,000/330=30 BE) @ .55 = 16.5 is cheaper than a blade... due for a price drop even before first announcement!!
legendary
Activity: 4172
Merit: 8075
'The right to privacy matters'
Can someone planning to purchase AM blades explain their justification of the expense, given the anticipated exponential difficulty increase (see http://thegenesisblock.com/latest-shipment-of-avalon-asics-could-increase-network-hashrate-by-500/ )?

I've never understood the popularity of AM hardware at these price points so any insight would be awesome.

AM is the only company that delivers fast.

Buy 2 blades pay 37-38btc sell one on ebay for 30-32 btc . check the ebay price on a 10gh blade

keep the other one at a cost of 5- 7 btc .

I do this with the asic sticks I purchased from the op about 36 usb sticks

He ships the sticks quickly
 I  sold about 14 on ebay
thus making the 22 I kept a good price.

-----check ebay prices on sticks. Many of us buy from canary-i-t-m and sell some to ebay buyers

back to the topic

To canary-i-t-m i would consider buying 2 small ones. I am trying to round up the coins. best regards phil
Activity: 78
Merit: 10
I'm holding out for a few of these also. Though I think we may need to see a price cut because of the current profitability outlook = not good at current price.
Activity: 314
Merit: 250
:)
I'd be down for 2 of the 10Gh and 2 of the 5Gh blades myself.

Friedcat when's the announcement? Smiley ??
donator
Activity: 2352
Merit: 1060
between a rock and a block!
Canary,

Sounds like these new units will be turnkey ready w/o having to buy added parts?

Will these be 32 chip for the regular and 16 chip for the mini?

Any word on shipping date from China?

Thank you
no more details have been released... we're all waiting
sf2
Activity: 273
Activity: 329
Merit: 251
Hi
Would you ship to the UK?
I noticed some of you other GB's are US only
Thank you
donator
i'm very interested in your group buy as i rather dread having spend the next two weeks glued to my computer so i can jump on a blade when they get released. however i have to say i would feel more confident if escrow were involved. Is this a possibility? I would be willing to pay escrow fees

Look at group buys Canary is the man on USB's from group buys.   No need for escrow in this case... look in group buys.  So just order and sleep well Smiley.
Grin
This too: http://eligius.st/~gateway/products/block-erupter-sapphire
legendary
Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000
i'm very interested in your group buy as i rather dread having spend the next two weeks glued to my computer so i can jump on a blade when they get released. however i have to say i would feel more confident if escrow were involved. Is this a possibility? I would be willing to pay escrow fees

Look at group buys Canary is the man on USB's from group buys.   No need for escrow in this case... look in group buys.  So just order and sleep well Smiley.
Activity: 61
Merit: 10
I'll probably be in on at least a mini
Activity: 188
Merit: 100
Activity: 322
Merit: 102
You missed a few changes in your cutting and pasting Wink   Still mentions USBs in the shipping area, etc.

I will be in for probably 2, maybe more.

Thanks for doing this Can!
thanks for catching! fixed

No problem. Do it at work all the time!  Smiley
donator
You missed a few changes in your cutting and pasting Wink   Still mentions USBs in the shipping area, etc.

I will be in for probably 2, maybe more.

Thanks for doing this Can!
thanks for catching! fixed
Activity: 15
Merit: 0
Quote from: NeedsBitcoin
I would have thought my response would have been fine unless you don't want people to order blades after reading that article?
would you mind keeping this thread on topic to it's intent as a group buy for the blades?
you are free to discuss your questions on other threads on these forums, which are numerous for the topic you raise.
thanks!

Okay, I'll also find another place to buy blades from too.
donator
Can someone planning to purchase AM blades explain their justification of the expense, given the anticipated exponential difficulty increase (see http://thegenesisblock.com/latest-shipment-of-avalon-asics-could-increase-network-hashrate-by-500/ )?

I've never understood the popularity of AM hardware at these price points so any insight would be awesome.

Someone on reddit pointed out those numbers are off:
http://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/1i2w63/latest_shipment_of_avalon_asics_could_increase/cb0lbqm
Quote from: dexX7
To the author:
I honor your research, but you got one important fact wrong. Those 135 parcels were the whole stack of the transportation company and combined under one MAWD ("Master Air Way Bill" - 871-50508076). This is done regulary and the picture of the parcels shows clearly another line labled with HAWD#. The "House Air Way Bill" (JHG13060373) is the internal identifier for each receiver. Each parcel has "PCS 24" printed on the shipping label and is tagged with "n/24".
I also think he received less than 374400 chips. On the upper left box is a label with "QTY: 7834" which is far less than 15600 per box. One box below: "QTY: 7815". Couldn't read the other labels due to the picture quality, but my best guess: somewhere around but higher than 187200 chips and guaranteed less than 358850 chips. Equals 52.7904 TH/s - 101.1957 TH/s with stock clocking.
wrong thread!  this thread is for a group buy for the upcoming ASICMiner blades... not Avalon!

I'm thinking of getting a blade or two, but Vicyd was asking why anyone would buy them for that price given that we are on the verge of a 500% difficulty increase based upon that article about avalon shipments, my response was to clarify that the article is wrong, and people who want to buy the blade should not worry about this.

I would have thought my response would have been fine unless you don't want people to order blades after reading that article?
would you mind keeping this thread on topic to it's intent as a group buy for the blades?
you are free to discuss your questions on other threads on these forums, which are numerous for the topic you raise.
thanks!

http://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/1i2w63/latest_shipment_of_avalon_asics_could_increase/cb0lbqm
To the author:
I honor your research, but you got one important fact wrong. Those 135 parcels were the whole stack of the transportation company and combined under one MAWD ("Master Air Way Bill" - 871-50508076). This is done regulary and the picture of the parcels shows clearly another line labled with HAWD#. The "House Air Way Bill" (JHG13060373) is the internal identifier for each receiver. Each parcel has "PCS 24" printed on the shipping label and is tagged with "n/24".
I also think he received less than 374400 chips. On the upper left box is a label with "QTY: 7834" which is far less than 15600 per box. One box below: "QTY: 7815". Couldn't read the other labels due to the picture quality, but my best guess: somewhere around but higher than 187200 chips and guaranteed less than 358850 chips. Equals 52.7904 TH/s - 101.1957 TH/s with stock clocking.
wrong thread!  this thread is for a group buy for the upcoming ASICMiner blades... not Avalon!

I'm thinking of getting a blade or two, but Vicyd was asking why anyone would buy them for that price given that we are on the verge of a 500% difficulty increase based upon that article about avalon shipments, my response was to clarify that the article is wrong, and people who want to buy the blade should not worry about this.

donator

To the author:
wrong thread!  this thread is for a group buy for the upcoming ASICMiner blades... not Avalon!
legendary
Activity: 1134
Merit: 1000
So I guess my question is, what's the time frame for delivery on these?
Same question, any estimates? I might be interested in 1 or 2 of mini blades.
Activity: 295
I'm somewhat interested in these, but I'm worried about the price per GH/s.  It's a substantial markup over what other group buys and shares are offering. The only way these would make sense to me is if the group buy is aiming to have the blades in the users' hands before the end of July, or at most in mid-August.  If this is for indeterminate future delivery, then much better values are available.  So I guess my question is, what's the time frame for delivery on these?

To the author:
Pages:
Jump to: