Pages:
Author

Topic: Open Source ZEC (ZCash) GPU Miner AMD & NVidia (up to 45 sol/s on RX480) - page 2. (Read 320654 times)

Activity: 8
Merit: 5
We are trying to get this running on ARM MALI.  I have also failed with the OpenCL stuff for nheqminer.  Anyone have insights? 
Activity: 5
Merit: 0
Thank you for your quick answer.

I can see the transaction on explorer.zcha.in but I'm still getting 0 as result when running the zcash-cli z_getbalance "t1eaFFkyGz7mPXU8Y1AMAWs4mizn5D97xJP" command.

./src/zcash-cli listtransactions and ./src/zcash-cli listunspent return [] too.

Weird, I found this:

https://github.com/zcash/zcash/issues/1792
Quote from: MuriLOCO
Hi, I am mining ZCash and I got some ZCash already, if I check my balance on-line with my T-Address I see some balance but when I run ./src/zcash-cli z_getbalance "$TADDR" the balance return is always 0.
I followed the guide and I am not using it to mine, just to have a Wallet. Is it a bug? Or I am doing something wrong? Thanks.
Quote from: MuriLOCO
Today the command worked. I think I know why. The ZCash needs a balance of at least 0.1ZCash to show up. That is my guess.

Maybe he's right. Anyway, thank you for sending the ZEC!

Activity: 2106
Merit: 282
👉bit.ly/3QXp3oh | 🔥 Ultimate Launc
Hi eXtremal,

I sent you a payment request by email containing all the required information.

http://coinsforall.io/#!/coin/ZCASH/wallet/zcPE7HSDd5xJnM2DnzMVj4Dt216KxXZCDGCFRDNLG9oBo5kzLGqkfktj1owrobLqQ3vVmAuVscEUFUYKC6JhLtn9UkQ1Jk7

Now the balance shows 0 ZCASH and no transactions are listed.

Can you please check it out? The balance was 0.00724922 ZCASH and I didn't receive anything on the t-address provided in the email.

Thank you !

Dikyx
You are not right, see https://explorer.zcha.in/transactions/805e5d3d2c1edb767a1f7521322aba05c625c6ef598a6326c48200a1c0570695 and time of this transaction.
Hi eXtremal,

I sent you a payment request by email containing all the required information.

http://coinsforall.io/#!/coin/ZCASH/wallet/zcPE7HSDd5xJnM2DnzMVj4Dt216KxXZCDGCFRDNLG9oBo5kzLGqkfktj1owrobLqQ3vVmAuVscEUFUYKC6JhLtn9UkQ1Jk7

Now the balance shows 0 ZCASH and no transactions are listed.

Can you please check it out? The balance was 0.00724922 ZCASH and I didn't receive anything on the t-address provided in the email.

Thank you !

Dikyx
Activity: 714
Merit: 500
 i have a problem v5. My pc close 3 min later. Again restart. I have a 3gb ram ; is it problem this?
Activity: 1246
Merit: 708
I am looking for improved miner.
Am I right that eXtremal works now can be found in Silentarmy topic?
copper member
Activity: 416
Merit: 105
it's already slowly die.... dumper is everywhere....
Activity: 45
Why you dont realize a zcash Solo Mining Pool like solorider.io

There is only one now and you are trusted Smiley

cg

Gary
Activity: 4
Best AMD mining card for zcash is R9 390X. It can mine 100 sol/s
legendary
Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069
AMD is shit for equihash, trully, it doesn't have shared memory and that is why NVIDIA owns:

what miner is that, the one that work on linux only?

ah i get it, this is the new version fo the nicehash miner, 66 sol on a 1070

AMD is shit for equihash, trully, it doesn't have shared memory and that is why NVIDIA owns:

Except I have ~70H/s on my RX480

real nvidia potential is at least 134 sol on a 1070, just look at the djm miner, which is private
Activity: 165
Merit: 100
Thank you for your really good answers and advise mikegi!

As the wallet containing the z-address I mined to does not contain coins, I don't have to transfer anything before I can send the .dat file.
I'll go ahead and follow those steps:
- make a new wallet on a VM and generate a t-address
- send the old wallet and the new t-address to eXtremal
- backup the old wallet just in case, even if it's very unlikely any coins end up in it

Dikyx

Yep, sounds right.

Happy, that you appreciate my answer. It feels good to be able to write something helpful.

Myself, I had produced shares worth about 0.00001 to a z address while figuring out how compile and run get the miner working... Switched to the t address early enough. It might have almost been worth a coffee at a gas station if I started mining on the the first day and sold for 200 BTC/Zcash. :-)

Activity: 588
Merit: 520
I believe so, don't have 4 of them, but tried with one GTX 970 and one GTX 1060 6G at the same time and the result was a bit over 100 Sol/s Smiley
legendary
Activity: 3164
Merit: 1003

If you mine with 4 cards, will you get 208 sols/s?  Just curious.  Thx
Activity: 445
Merit: 255

except that there isn't any public miner with such efficiency, on nvidia side.
Activity: 588
Merit: 520

Thank you for your really good answers and advise mikegi!

As the wallet containing the z-address I mined to does not contain coins, I don't have to transfer anything before I can send the .dat file.
I'll go ahead and follow those steps:
- make a new wallet on a VM and generate a t-address
- send the old wallet and the new t-address to eXtremal
- backup the old wallet just in case, even if it's very unlikely any coins end up in it

Dikyx
Activity: 165
Merit: 100
Hi there !

I would like to have my balance moved from my Z-address to my T-address.

Z-addresses
For move your balance from Z-address to your T-address, send your empty wallet.dat and T-address to separate email [email protected] with topic "Z-Address"

I'm asking myself a couple questions (sorry if they seem stupid):
- is it safe to send this file ?
- what does it contain ?
- the empty wallet.dat file is requested, what does that mean ? how do I empty it ?

Thank you for your kind help !
Dikyx

Good questions... that could use a bit of explanation.

Question 2:

The wallet file contains a database containing private keys, their associated public addresses and some metadata about them for example, date first used, a label for the key (if you use the "account" system to put different addresses into groups known as accounts), the state if the key ( used or or reserve ).

A private key allow you to sign transactions to transfer certain coins (coins that have been sent to or mined by a corresponding addresses).

The wallet file contains many keys, which can be in use (have been perviously  used in a transaction) or in reserve
- one that are currently used and may be used to transfer coins if there is a balance
- reserve keys are stored for future transactions, for which addresses have not been seen on the chain yet. normally a pool of reserve keys is generated when the wallet software is started in order to quickly have a pool of ready addresses to use. (Generating these on the fly as needed would slow things down)

Question 1:

How safe it is to send this file depends on the value of what is in the wallet. (are there coins "in" the wallet)

If someone else were to get access to this file, or the privates keys,  they would also have control over coins to and would be able to sign transactions to send those coins elsewhere.

If there is value in the wallet. (either now, or if you expect coins to be sent to addresses in that wallet in the future) then it is not "safe" to send.

Question 3:

"Empty" the wallet by sending all coins to addresses in another "new wallet". If you expect more coins to come to addresses in that wallet, (eg another pool mining to an address in that wallet).

The New wallet should have completely different keys and addresses than the "Empty" or to be emptied wallet. The Empty wallet should not be used again (as someone else potentially has control over coins sent there). The keys from the old wallet should not be used in a new wallet.

Why do it this way??

The pool maintainer asks for the wallet as proof that the address is or was under your control to you. Then he can be relatively certain that to Address you say was used in the pool actually belongs to you. He asks that the wallet is empty because it is possible that if you send it by email, or private message,  in the process of being transferred the message along with the private keys may be sent in the clear over the network or may at some point be stored on in a file that someone else has access to. After someone else has potentially seen your wallet dat, it's security has been compromised. (the are of course other ways for the security to be compromised)

backups

You should keep a backup of your old wallet in case coins end up there.  Label the backup so it is not mixed up with others ( use a descriptive and accurate name, like zcash_to_be_emptied_november2016.dat ). Store backups safely.... (don't use a USB stick the you will allow others access to in the future)

new wallet..

Maybe sending your coins to an exchange you can trust for long enough.

After backing up the old wallet... you could erase the old wallet restart zcashd which will make a new wallet...

Fiddling with wallets is error prone so it is probably safer to use a separate user account or machine for the new wallet... and keep backups of that too.

If anyone is interested in testing anonymous transactions... here is a z-address:
zc9UA9ec5C1FHU1QzKKF8mH7iwiCVBdepRQxaMyVpG2kFTZPd6QcjivrcLaTANqacuQWspbEhSSUajZ yPnBqzpBXRwKa2w7

For tax purposes, any transaction sent there will be considered a gift.
Hi there !

I would like to have my balance moved from my Z-address to my T-address.

Z-addresses
For move your balance from Z-address to your T-address, send your empty wallet.dat and T-address to separate email [email protected] with topic "Z-Address"

I'm asking myself a couple questions (sorry if they seem stupid):
- is it safe to send this file ?
- what does it contain ?
- the empty wallet.dat file is requested, what does that mean ? how do I empty it ?

Thank you for your kind help !
Dikyx
Pages:
Jump to: