Pages:
Author

Topic: OpenBazaar Beta 0.4.0 “Portobello” is released for Linux and OSX - page 2. (Read 2669 times)

Activity: 76
Merit: 10
Keywords did not work for me either.  A list of sellers and notaries eventually loaded on the right.

But not for me  Sad  Can you write some Store GUID so I (and other users) can add them manually?
legendary
Activity: 905
Merit: 1000
Keywords did not work for me either.  A list of sellers and notaries eventually loaded on the right.
Activity: 350
Merit: 250
'Slow and steady wins the race'
It is relatively easy to set up a dual boot option for Linux on a Windows PC.

What about Grandma that just wants to sell her knitting creations for Bitcoin on Openbazaar, because her Grandson said it's the marketplace of the future?

She's just fucked, and has to resort to getting raped with fees on eBay I guess.

Not only the 10% ebay fee's plus the paypal fees if she has not sold much on there she will have to wait 7days from when the estimated delivery of her sale gets to the buyer, its really good paypal holding your funds for 9+days.

OB could not have come sooner it has been quite sometime in the making hasn't it?

Lets hope it is worth the wait but not catering for windows is a bit of a dodgy move if i am honest.

Even though i am in the 1.5% linux..
No one is missing anything yet.  The handful of vendors just have test merchandise.  Will try to post a screen shot later.

I found no merchandise at all. What keywords did you use?
legendary
No one is missing anything yet.  The handful of vendors just have test merchandise.  Will try to post a screen shot later.
legendary
Activity: 3430
Merit: 3071
Does anyone know what language OpenBazaar is written in?

Wouldn't it be advantageous to develop it in something like Java with the Java Virtual Machines and Java byte code making it irrelevant what your platform is?

It's python, so essentially the same assumptions about how easy it is to use across different platforms (i.e. not quite as straightforward as Oracle or the Python development people would like you to think)
AGD
legendary
Activity: 2069
Merit: 1164
Keeper of the Private Key
I tried on Debian, install didn't work, deleted VM, waiting for a better version ...

I had a lot of "bla bla has no install candidate" errors and I didn't take the time to fix all these. It's still beta anyways.
legendary
Activity: 1050
That's awesome! Can't wait for the Windows version.
Windows version won't see the light of day for a while, they said it would come out like 6 months ago.

Why is there no Windows version?  Makes zero sense to me.

You guys want OpenBazaar to succeed and become the future of decentralized marketplaces, but don't release a version for the largest user base in the world?

Ass backwards, developers that's a come on man!

You understand it is an open source project and developers are not being paid? What are you waiting for to contribute instead of whining?

You want some Whine with that CheeeZe!!!   Cheesy

No, seriously, look at the developers priority list from November 2014:

https://blog.openbazaar.org/openbazaar-teams-developing/

We’ve identified 11 areas we want to have teams focusing on;

Code Quality
Design & UX
Legal
Marketing
Networking
OB Developer Network
OB Labs
Operations & Recruiting
Quality Assurance
Security
Windows

Windows is 11th or last on the list....they're basically fucked out of the gate.

so we have to wait for a long time to instal on windows because that is on at last option Embarrassed
OpenBazar is much waited projected and many eyes on it so let's see how that beta goes with Linux and OSX.
Activity: 854
Bitcoin: The People's Bailout
Does anyone know what language OpenBazaar is written in?

Wouldn't it be advantageous to develop it in something like Java with the Java Virtual Machines and Java byte code making it irrelevant what your platform is?
legendary
Activity: 3430
Merit: 3071
Sticking to minority platforms initially could be looked at as a good strategy. Let's be honest, Windows users are, on average, more likely to be computing ignorants (although I'd argue that Apple users are worse, anecdotally). Letting the majority of users loose on a beta version commerce network that's bound to end up used for contraband goods, it just sounds like there's too much potential for catastrophes and hysteria.
I am not an expert but I installed it on Debian, it's really easy.
AGD
legendary
Activity: 2069
Merit: 1164
Keeper of the Private Key
I tried on Debian, install didn't work, deleted VM, waiting for a better version ...
Activity: 151
Merit: 100
legendary
Please note this is still a beta and for users with some level of technical expertise.

Confirmed.  It was quite a dance to get it installed and running on Linux.  Not ready for prime time.

Activity: 1372
Merit: 783
better everyday ♥
Windows version won't see the light of day for a while, they said it would come out like 6 months ago.

You guys want OpenBazaar to succeed and become the future of decentralized marketplaces, but don't release a version for the largest user base in the world?

You understand it is an open source project and developers are not being paid? What are you waiting for to contribute instead of whining?

You want some Whine with that CheeeZe!!!   Cheesy

No, seriously, look at the developers priority list from November 2014:

https://blog.openbazaar.org/openbazaar-teams-developing/

We’ve identified 11 areas we want to have teams focusing on;

Code Quality
Design & UX
Legal
Marketing
Networking
OB Developer Network
OB Labs
Operations & Recruiting
Quality Assurance
Security
Windows

Windows is 11th or last on the list....they're basically fucked out of the gate.
legendary
--------------->¿?

legendary
This is the announcement of OpenBazaar Beta 0.4.0 so this is obviously at a very early stage.
legendary
Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069
It is relatively easy to set up a dual boot option for Linux on a Windows PC, or create a bootable CD or USB drive.

it's even more easy(and less troublesome) if you do it via virtual machine

so no hope for something windows related? i want to try it on windows 10
Merit: 783
better everyday ♥
It is relatively easy to set up a dual boot option for Linux on a Windows PC.

What about Grandma that just wants to sell her knitting creations for Bitcoin on Openbazaar, because her Grandson said it's the marketplace of the future?

She's just fucked, and has to resort to getting raped with fees on eBay I guess.
legendary
It is relatively easy to set up a dual boot option for Linux on a Windows PC, or create a bootable CD or USB drive.
Pages:
Jump to: