Pages:
Author

Topic: OpenBazaar Beta 0.4.0 “Portobello” is released for Linux and OSX - page 3. (Read 2669 times)

Activity: 854
Merit: 1000
Bitcoin: The People's Bailout
Why is there no Windows version?  Makes zero sense to me.

Perhaps security is higher up on their priority list than popularity.
Oh you can't make a secure application on windows? Good thing we don't have wallets on that terrible platform.

I can't but if you can then by all means go for it.  It's an open source project.
Activity: 910
Great news! I haven't tried running OpenBazaar since a few months back. This installation looks pretty straightforward. I'll give it a try and report back with any issues. Keep it up!
Activity: 1372
Merit: 783
better everyday ♥

You don't actually believe that as a Hero member, do you?  If you've been around technology long enough, you know that Windows is insecure thing is a myth.  OF COURSE most of the security threats happen on Windows desktops, they own 90% desktop marketshare for chrissakes.

That's just an elitist excuse....
better everyday ♥
That's awesome! Can't wait for the Windows version.
Windows version won't see the light of day for a while, they said it would come out like 6 months ago.

You guys want OpenBazaar to succeed and become the future of decentralized marketplaces, but don't release a version for the largest user base in the world?

Ass backwards, developers that's a come on man!

They've been working on it but never released it, I guess all the devs use linux or mac.

It's not even a Windows vs OSX or Windows vs Linux debate.  It's know your demographic:

I mean we all want Bitcoin to succeed as a whole, but then we have this whole smell of elitism amongst us.  This has got to stop.  Put OpenBazaar on Windows!  It's common sense.....
Activity: 854
Bitcoin: The People's Bailout

better everyday ♥
Windows version won't see the light of day for a while, they said it would come out like 6 months ago.

You guys want OpenBazaar to succeed and become the future of decentralized marketplaces, but don't release a version for the largest user base in the world?

Ass backwards, developers that's a come on man!

legendary
Activity: 2674
Merit: 1082
Legendary Escrow Service - Tip Jar in Profile
Could this be used to handle the issuance of a security and would it be safe and secure for dividends paid in bitcoin?
legendary
Activity: 905
This should eventually provide a Big boost for Bitcoin.  

OpenBazaar is the baby of eBay and BitTorrent.

OpenBazaar has no fees and cannot be censored.

legendary
Activity: 812

Has anyone here made a successful sale as of yet and posted off item to a buyer etc? or is it all still 100% testing?

Im supporting the project via social media will jump in when its ready for non tech folk.
legendary
Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

it should come out this october or around that , this year anyway, at least they said so in their blog
legendary
--------------->¿?
Activity: 1582
Merit: 502
Nice!
But....

Is this actually working?
Are there ANY markets utilizing this software?

EDIT: Shouldn't this be in Project Development btw?

EDIT2: Wait! It is double posted there as well.... : https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=768081.40
legendary
Activity: 2198
Merit: 1049
staff
Activity: 4214
Merit: 1203
I support freedom of choice
From the link at the top ...
Activity: 686
Merit: 255
Where from you got this quote ?

Oops... it seems it is taken from blog link given above. Thank You Smiley

Seems nice. Are they using MultiSig ?
staff
Activity: 4214
Merit: 1203
I support freedom of choice
https://blog.openbazaar.org/openbazaar-beta-0-4-0-portobello-is-released/

https://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/33dir7/the_openbazaar_04_beta_has_just_been_released_for/

The fourth OpenBazaar beta has been released, named after the famed Portobello Road Market in London.

Please note this is still a beta and for users with some level of technical expertise. This isn’t a consumer ready release.

Binaries will be released soon. Windows users will need to wait for binaries. You can install beta 0.4.0 on Linux or OSX using the following instructions. For a detailed overview of the 0.4 beta client, visit this post.

We’ve also released quick start guides, visit these links for buyer, merchant, and notary.

This release includes a substantial number of new features and improvements. Most notable are the networking changes, which should allow better connectivity and largely eliminate the need for port forwarding. Also greatly improved is stability. Other improvements include:

- Signing keys are now HD for increased privacy;
- Internal messaging system for online parties to communicate;
- Users can now select their avatars;
- Images are now externally hosted and listings can support three images (including gifs);
- Notaries can now offer refunds to buyer or release funds to seller;
- Notaries can now set their fee (as a percentage) if their services are utilized;
- The order workflow has been significantly improved;
- Addition of simple walk-through on start up ;
- Search improvements.

Installation

If you don’t have Git installed on Linux, open terminal (Ctrl+Alt+T) and type:

sudo apt-get install git

If you don’t have Git installed for OSX, download here and install.

Now run:

git clone https://github.com/OpenBazaar/OpenBazaar.git

Once that’s complete, change directories:

cd OpenBazaar

Run the configure with this command:

./configure.sh

If you’ve already been running OpenBazaar, you need to update the code. In terminal, run the following commands:

git pull

./configure.sh

Please note that as of the 0.4 beta release, the default branch will be develop instead of master. This means that beta testers will receive more frequent updates if they run ‘git pull’. If you prefer to keep to the more stable releases only, then switch to the master branch by running this command:

git checkout master

To start your node:

./openbazaar start

To stop your node:

./openbazaar stop

To get help on the commands you can use with OpenBazaar:

./openbazaar help

If you find a bug, please let us know on our Github or on the bug reporting thread in our subreddit.
Pages:
Jump to: