Pages:
Author

Topic: ORA:: Logo submission & discussion thread - page 13. (Read 26217 times)

Activity: 252
Merit: 250
Something like this?

Yes and no lol. The position is yes. The round border only surrounding the logo and not the word ORA. The spacing is fine. I just want to look how it looka like.
Activity: 140
Merit: 100
@ Anna!

Wow, talking about sails that get filled with wind!
Late in the game, but you got designs flowing.  Nice.

I am intrigued by design by you. I wonder if there is more that can be done with the O, the R and the A, without being too construed?

Pentamon
Activity: 73
Merit: 10
Something like this?

Figroll,

Try this one out. I think the logo with border looks nice. Put it on top. Drop the ORA below the logo. And have some good space between the alphabets.
Activity: 299
Merit: 252
@Mac Red not at all feel free. Have to admit the light green to blue gradient looks very nice.

Very slight drop shadow?

Coin

figroll

Hmm it looks cleaner without the shadow, IMO. But better in another way, because the lighter colors of the text looks sharper. So hm yeah it's a tuff one.
@Mac Red not at all feel free. Have to admit the light green to blue gradient looks very nice.

Very slight drop shadow?

Coin

figroll
Awesome. I think the black one especially looks really good, but perhaps with some space similar to your first example.

You've inspired me to play around with it a bit, hope you don't mind. Tried for example using #353535 instead of 100% black + very minor changes. Perhaps a little "." at the end would look nice as well.

Another experiment:

Yes, this is a flying Ora spinnaker, the sail full of wind, Ora on it's way!

Pentamon
Have to admit pleasantly surprised by the response, so many thanks.

Have taken the comments on board and here's the changes.

Very slight color change on inner red star.

figroll

@gvans: in answer to your question, been using Photoshop a while and learning/experimenting with Illustrator.
Activity: 281
@figroll: Excellent stuff! Really a step up (hundred steps) from your first sketch imo! I like the 3d-movement in it. Just two personal thoughts. The star in the middle reminds me little of the flag of China Smiley Maybe small modification on colours would fix that. Also for the text, I would not maybe go all black, but just scale up the the colour pattern on the font so that there would be little less colours, fewer colour fields, larger patterns.

Just out of curiosity which program do you use, Adobe Illustrator?
Keeping things moving.

figroll

Love it. I have to wonder, how does it look with solid black color for the text ("ORA)"?
Here are some.

You definitely will get a tip from me for your efforts.
Keeping things moving.

figroll

Woow. Looks very nice man
Keeping things moving.

figroll
Just my humble opinion, but I think that each logo should stand alone.  Though all the logos are great, a single design is much cleaner, more professional and easier to incorporate into websites, stationery, etc.

Oh yes, I agree, and that is what we are going to do: One awesome logo will be chosen.

I am just saying, Ora being about people, the diverse nature of us and our tastes, associations, interpretations is hard to capture in one logo.

Pentamon.
Activity: 7
Merit: 0
Made this one in Minecraft Smiley

http://xomf.com/filestore/w/x/wxqvqt.png
Just my humble opinion, but I think that each logo should stand alone.  Though all the logos are great, a single design is much cleaner, more professional and easier to incorporate into websites, stationery, etc.

We could always do both; vote for 1 logo but still use something like that when promoting the project. It's always fun to show  & check out creativite stuff people have made. Can't be a bad thing IMO!
Activity: 368
Just my humble opinion, but I think that each logo should stand alone.  Though all the logos are great, a single design is much cleaner, more professional and easier to incorporate into websites, stationery, etc.
Pages:
Jump to: