Pages:
Author

Topic: Order through webstore:GRIDSEED 115$(shipped) Worldwide, 37 USB Miners for 1200$ - page 4. (Read 12682 times)

Activity: 206
Merit: 100
http://canadianbit.com/ - Let's Mine Canadian!
Received my shipment today.. no taxes.. no fees.. so in total was shipped on a Monday and arrived at my door the following Monday.. so 1 week from time i got tracking number to my doorstep.  I will post some pictures once i get time to deal with this box.. hopefully soon.  Smiley  So I can definitely say that the seller is legit.. I payed and a week later I had my stuff.. all is well.. good honest Canadian Seller.  Very pleased with that aspect.. pictures and an update to follow once i have time.
Activity: 238
We must become the pitiless censors of ourselves.
I've been running Scripta since I received my miners.  There was one incident when the devices were not showing and I had to reboot, but it has been solid for me the rest of the time.

Does the overvolting work with wheezy too?
Activity: 79
Merit: 10
I've been running Scripta since I received my miners.  There was one incident when the devices were not showing and I had to reboot, but it has been solid for me the rest of the time.
Mine came in today as well.  No duty Smiley

Set it up in about 1 hour, however I trashed the controller and used my RPi with Scripta.  Works like a charm.

Currently running at 850, but I will try 900.  We don't need fans right?  I can remove them if I am only running Scrypt I think.  Cut down on noise and save energy.

Hey,

I heard scripta can be buggy.

I am wavering between wheezy and scripta.

any issues so far with scripta???
Activity: 98
Activity: 297
Received my 2 units.  No duties!! Thanks!
Any update on tracking?

Would really like to hash soon.
Shipping on monday  Smiley
Any update on tracking?

Would really like to hash soon.
Miners for 203$ shipped.
Check new GB
Activity: 6
Merit: 0
Ok,
Add it to the main post.
Activity: 6
Merit: 0
Hi,
Write your skype to discuss some issues.
It uses a special version of cgminer.  https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.5305449

I've set the frequency at 950 by editing the miner-start.sh file.
Activity: 213
Well, I did it on all 10 units.  took about an hour and a bit.  2 had cold solders but it was just a quick touchup to fix.

Looks good MaxGen!  What speed are you running at?  Does Scripta use cgminer or bfgminer? 

Maybe I should fire up my Raspberry Pi.
Well, I did it on all 10 units.  took about an hour and a bit.  2 had cold solders but it was just a quick touchup to fix.

Thanks melmo,

I tried it on one unit prety much exactly how you said.  I have a lot of 30gauge wire lying around from wire wrapping projects.  My hands shake kinda bad, but was still able to do it without any damage.  The magnafier lamp was a huge asset.

I'll tackle the rest of them tonight.

Here's my single modified unit running.

Activity: 213
For the voltage mod, are you just bridging the pads with solder, or are you adding some resistance?

Also, from your last post, am I correct in assuming you are running the PS at 220 for the savings?  I don't think mine powered on at 220V

Thanks melmo

I tried bridging the pads with solder, but that wasn't happening so I used some very fine wire.  Tin the end of the wire with some solder, dip in some flux and solder to the pads, then trim.  I found some stranded wire and then used single strands - that's how tiny the pads are.

I'm running the PS at 110V now.  The 10 watt saving is nothing compared the other power-guzzlers I have Smiley
Pages:
Jump to: