Pages:
Author

Topic: [email protected] - page 4. (Read 6501 times)

Activity: 924
Merit: 1001
April 10, 2014, 12:16:11 PM
Think of the demographic.

Paranoid, anti government people.

Getting O'Reilly to present Bitcoin as an alternative to the "hitler muslim" president's controlled currency would get them on board, and increase bitcoin adoption.

In the end that's all that matters. 

-B-
Activity: 70
Merit: 10
April 10, 2014, 12:12:31 PM
How about instead, you write a blog post instead of emailing him. Expalin to the world why YOU use bitcoin, why YOU want it to catch on, what YOU see as a wonderful benefit of it and post it online. Then share it to anyone who will listen.
legendary
Activity: 1386
Merit: 1004
April 10, 2014, 11:41:13 AM
I love OReilly. He's the funniest dufus ever. It's hilarious to watch him struggle with understanding even the most basic facts in any subject. Him trying to get his head around bitcoin would be like watching a dog attend a math class.  Cheesy

+1

He can also make the uneducated believe almost anything, even if it is totally wrong.  He is a master of sound bites and talking points but not of reality. 
legendary
Activity: 3066
Merit: 1147
The revolution will be monetized!
April 10, 2014, 11:32:23 AM
I love OReilly. He's the funniest dufus ever. It's hilarious to watch him struggle with understanding even the most basic facts in any subject. Him trying to get his head around bitcoin would be like watching a dog attend a math class.  Cheesy
Activity: 389
Merit: 250
April 10, 2014, 11:25:15 AM
The LAST thing I want is to see what Bill O'Reilly has to say about Bitcoin.  He will make NO effort whatsoever to actually learn anything about it and will make a knew-jerk reaction based upon what he has heard so far, and most of that is probably FUD and just wrong. 

Then, he'll report that as "news" and since he said it there will be that many more people that have to unlearn what they have been "taught", and only because "well, I heard Bill O'Rilly say"...
Activity: 342
April 10, 2014, 11:20:24 AM
I'm not a hardcore libertarian but I do believe a lot in libertarian ideals. That said, fox news sucks, cnn sucks, msnbc sucks...If you watch mainstream news, you're just as f*cked as the guy who watches the other channel...
Activity: 266
April 10, 2014, 11:14:32 AM
If someone watches Fox news on a daily basis I'm not interested in getting them into Bitcoin.

Most coiners are libertarian, soo... Kinda fighting a losing battle there.

No, the most vocal coiners are libertarian.

The "new paradigm" weirdos and the ones who think it will completely replace the dollar are but a drop in the bucket. The real potential for growth lies in the millions and millions of young people in America and other developed/developing nations worldwide.

Aside from the point: Real Libertarians don't watch Fox News. To their credit, they take a pretty neutral stance on a lot of issues. They don't impose their personal beliefs on others or sign them into law. On a political level, they don't really give a fuck about pot legalization or gay marriage or most social issues - they just defer those votes to individual states and rely on the constitution for everything else.

I'd have been okay with Ron Paul in office.
Activity: 308
Merit: 253
April 10, 2014, 02:12:36 AM
If someone watches Fox news on a daily basis I'm not interested in getting them into Bitcoin.

Most coiners are libertarian, soo... Kinda fighting a losing battle there.
legendary
Activity: 2114
Merit: 1040
A Great Time to Start Something!
April 09, 2014, 11:49:25 PM
The plus is that he has a lot of viewers.
The negative?

Such a nice guy  Smiley
Activity: 266
April 09, 2014, 10:41:48 PM
Activity: 308
Merit: 253
April 09, 2014, 10:17:31 PM
Yesterday John Stossel came on "The Factor" and argued about how safe weed is, so I think if he gets enough emails about Bitcoin O'Reilly might talk about it on his show.

Add your name and location if you want him to reply to your email on the air.
Pages:
Jump to: