Pages:
Author

Topic: Osiris - Serverless Anonymous forum - page 2. (Read 14262 times)

legendary
Activity: 924
Merit: 1004
Firstbits: 1pirata
Activity: 322
Merit: 251
FirstBits: 168Bc
November 23, 2011, 12:44:33 AM
I'll work on importing past content this forum... Smiley

nice, hope you skip off-topic stuff  Cheesy

There'd be nothing left!
legendary
November 22, 2011, 11:32:42 PM

nice, hope you skip off-topic stuff  Cheesy
Activity: 322
Merit: 251
FirstBits: 168Bc
November 22, 2011, 11:03:03 PM
legendary
Activity: 1272
Merit: 1012
howdy
November 22, 2011, 10:30:09 AM
This is really cool! Great job!  Smiley
legendary
November 20, 2011, 08:31:17 PM
That read only access is great. Ryland, can you add some notice on homepage as howto for people who want write access to forum?
I'll let paraipan figure out the best place to put that. I may have started the forum, but all I really did was copy the sections from this forum. paraipan is responsible for the beautiful homepage we now have, so I'll let him figure out an optimal way to include that. Smiley

thanks, i will do my best with your help   Cheesy

ack on the write access notice
legendary
Activity: 882
Merit: 1001
November 20, 2011, 08:24:50 PM
That read only access is great. Ryland, can you add some notice on homepage as howto for people who want write access to forum?
I'll let paraipan figure out the best place to put that. I may have started the forum, but all I really did was copy the sections from this forum. paraipan is responsible for the beautiful homepage we now have, so I'll let him figure out an optimal way to include that. Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1386
Merit: 1097
November 20, 2011, 07:24:57 PM
staff
Activity: 4214
Merit: 1203
I support freedom of choice
November 20, 2011, 07:17:14 PM
If you want to "see" the forum ( you wont be able to post ), you can just go here:
http://www.osiris-sps.org/isis/?/portals/view?portal=00000001C1B412CCF02672EE5033E453BDAFE0C7EC3CB42C
( it's an Isis gateway )
staff
November 20, 2011, 05:54:02 PM
Also, the next v1.0 will be open source and ONLY anarchic.
It seems that it is the best and logic way.
legendary
November 20, 2011, 05:20:19 PM
This means that on anarchic one, if army/police/fbi/cia or anyone else take the admin/staffs of a board ... users/community can "build" another team of moderators/admins without losing anything Smiley

nice  Cheesy  i should make an announce on the monarchic forum, just to be sure no one is left there alone
staff
November 20, 2011, 05:18:13 PM
This means that on anarchic one, if army/police/fbi/cia or anyone else take the admin/staffs of a board ... users/community can "build" another team of moderators/admins without losing anything Smiley
legendary
November 20, 2011, 05:15:02 PM
now i get it crystal clear man, so its like a tree that starts from one person a makes lots of branches. So if someone deletes contents he and his "followers" will see it as deleted but not the rest of the members, part of other branches... hope i got it well this time  Smiley
"Yes".
If you take a link of the monarchic forum, and one from the anarchic one ... you will see that the anarchic one has also the ID of the admin Wink
Anyway, it's anarchic because users are able to change for "themself" who follow ( it isn't possible on the monarchic one ).
So as I said somewhere else, technically, it's possible that 2 ( or more ) boards/admins/staffs/community can live at the same time on the same database without seeing each other Smiley

lol, ack, thanks for explaining
staff
November 20, 2011, 05:05:40 PM
now i get it crystal clear man, so its like a tree that starts from one person a makes lots of branches. So if someone deletes contents he and his "followers" will see it as deleted but not the rest of the members, part of other branches... hope i got it well this time  Smiley
"Yes".
If you take a link of the monarchic forum, and one from the anarchic one ... you will see that the anarchic one has also the ID of the admin Wink
Anyway, it's anarchic because users are able to change for "themself" who follow ( it isn't possible on the monarchic one ).
So as I said somewhere else, technically, it's possible that 2 ( or more ) boards/admins/staffs/community can live at the same time on the same database without seeing each other Smiley
legendary
November 20, 2011, 05:01:06 PM
When you register an anarchic board, you put also an user id.
It's the admin id, so you follow the rules of this admin, and everyone that he will put/enable as staff of the board.
So no one will be able to edit your messages, I mean ... everyone will be able to, but these chances will be not available to other users if the follow the admin id an children ids.
On an anarchic board, ask someone ( not a mod ) to edit your message.
He will be able to do it, but you wont see anything ... because you are following the admin id/rules.

staff
November 20, 2011, 04:51:18 PM
tl;dr on how the database maintains its integrity?
I'm not sure that I have understood correctly your question, anyway nothing is going to be deleted.
When someone edit/delete something, it just make a new copy of the old one ... like wikipedia.
If you follow the id/rules of the admin_1, so if he delete something, you wont see the thing the he deleted ... but you can always open the "assistant" and see what he modified/deleted.
staff
November 20, 2011, 04:09:48 PM
When you register an anarchic board, you put also an user id.
It's the admin id, so you follow the rules of this admin, and everyone that he will put/enable as staff of the board.
So no one will be able to edit your messages, I mean ... everyone will be able to, but these chances will be not available to other users if the follow the admin id an children ids.
On an anarchic board, ask someone ( not a mod ) to edit your message.
He will be able to do it, but you wont see anything ... because you are following the admin id/rules.
legendary
November 20, 2011, 11:52:19 AM
Anyone think we should use an anarchic forum instead of a monarchic one? Here's the invite link to the anarchic one, if so: here

I'm with the classic style forum (monarch in osiris)  Roll Eyes

@HostFat i don't understand how "anarchic" forum in osiris protects users from getting their posts edited or content deleted, i was reading some docs through google translate but can't seem to get it. I would appreciate if you explain it in a few words here
legendary
Activity: 882
Merit: 1001
November 19, 2011, 04:57:39 PM
Anyone think we should use an anarchic forum instead of a monarchic one? Here's the invite link to the anarchic one, if so: here
Activity: 291
Merit: 250
BTCRadio Owner
November 19, 2011, 04:34:37 PM
Tech such as this and namecoin's dns system will take off right as internet censorship goes into full effect.
Pages:
Jump to: