Pages:
Author

Topic: other work for GPU's - page 2. (Read 2171 times)

Ad
Activity: 15
Merit: 0
October 25, 2011, 12:04:15 PM
Yes, with all the collective crunch power that we have, we could offer a great service to those in need of recovering
 a lost password/code. Once we start thinking out of the "mining box" we can do even greater things.
Activity: 448
Merit: 250
October 24, 2011, 11:46:09 PM
Isn't it unrealistic to hope to crack SHA256?
donator
Activity: 1731
Merit: 1008
October 24, 2011, 11:09:33 PM
Been searching on this for the last 45min, I can't believe there isn't a service that pay BTC for hashing power,

If someone want something cracked, he could pay let's say 2000 btc for having access to massive computing power.

Think EC2 paid in Bitcoin for cracking password.

Depending on the rules here, that might be legal or illegal so you should use Google if interested.
There is no such rules as cracking password is not in itself malicious.

Many times people loose their passwords and get told it's impossible to recover in a reasonable about of time,

now , If they were able to bid high on brute-forcing I think lots of people might be interested.

Example : Someone who has heritages documents held onto a true crypt volume of a deceased person ...
Activity: 252
Merit: 251
October 23, 2011, 10:44:45 PM
There are plenty of forums which will pay for your GPU time
for cracking high-end mobile phone security codes through brute force OpenCL calculation (iPhone, Nokia, Samsung etc).

ATI/AMD cards excel in that area too, so you can use your existing setup.
Depending on the rules here, that might be legal or illegal so you should use Google if interested.
Ad
Activity: 15
Merit: 0
October 21, 2011, 11:34:43 PM
 Hello everyone, just wondering about other work that GPU's can do while their value is less than the electricty to mine them.
I know there are several places where one can donate ones GPU processing power, nice to do but it doesent pay the bills.
 Does anyone of any company(s) offering payment for GPU processing? Just think, with all the crunch power all of us miners
have, a company could save the cost of a super computer just by paying for our crunch power!
 Thanks, Ad
Pages:
Jump to: