Pages:
Author

Topic: Our chance to reset - page 3. (Read 816 times)

Activity: 2912
Merit: 642
September 08, 2020, 02:29:51 PM
Responsibility and discipline. That might be the best words to describe how a country could flourish again post-Covid-19.
We don't exactly know if the virus will remain, I bet it will.
So discipline is first using masks and distance to people for like a year or two even if the health offices announced the virus is out.

Responsibility. A government will not work without its people paying taxes.
We work again to make it better putting selfishness aside.
All of this ain't for us but for our kids and their soon to be kids.
Activity: 1442
Merit: 153
★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!
September 08, 2020, 01:56:08 PM
Maybe it is true that the COVID-19 pandemic has a chance to reset,
You mean the our world for a chance to reset right? I'm scared with your opinion  Grin I hope it won't happen lol

some people argue that with the COVID-19 air quality is getting better.
Air index in my country is getting better after the government imposed the lockdown 6 months ago, maybe that's one of positive things that the pandemic gives us back. But that won't be long, once people are free from their home, factories to operate again, air quality will be at worst again.

But for me still COVID-19 is the worst thing that has happened in my life. Many people die every day, activities outside the home are limited,
it is difficult to earn money and life feels unsettled for fear of being infected by the corona virus.
If you didn't suffer a lot from 2008 crisis then this might be the worst in your life experience. Hmm I'm weighing if this is the worst thing that happened to me, maybe just the second after our house was burned when I was in elementary, that was the destiny be joking to us.
legendary
Activity: 2996
Merit: 1188
September 08, 2020, 12:53:31 PM
Everyone has always considered 2008 like that as well and it didn't turn out like that. Do you know what happened to wall street after the 2008 fiasco? You think they stopped being super wealthy and suddenly became hard working citizens? People think Jeff Bezos is a great business person, you think he earned all that money and he deserves it? Most of his workers actually take welfare, so does people who work at Walmart as well, you think that worth was earned? It was stolen.

No reset would ever happen, people who have enough money will tell the politicians how much they will bribe them and power will always go to powerful, they will not let you get rich. Sure there are Mark Zuckerberg stories where people go insanely wealthy but those are so rare and only there to make sure you think you might get a chance from these situations, they are all a fairy tale.
Activity: 1274
Merit: 261
September 08, 2020, 05:43:26 AM
It's easy to say everything what you have said but the reality is, it is very difficult. It is easy to say do not go out and stop working outside but the truth is people will starve, it's painful to see your family who have nothing to eat and just wait for the help of others. There is already a vaccine and it will be released to the public soon so everything will be fine, as long as it is not available yet let's just be careful to ourselves.

The cure you are right about this, it's easy to say, but the reality is different, and in reality it's harder to apply all the said things
just like that. I assume that this reset that OP talks about is possible for some countries, or individuals, but it's not something that
can be applied on all the countries and all the people.
   I would like to see this world doing better than now, but in reality we need to take care for ourselves and our families, and all
the changes we wish to this world we need to start applying them on ourselves first.
Activity: 448
Merit: 4
September 08, 2020, 03:21:01 AM
It's easy to say everything what you have said but the reality is, it is very difficult. It is easy to say do not go out and stop working outside but the truth is people will starve, it's painful to see your family who have nothing to eat and just wait for the help of others. There is already a vaccine and it will be released to the public soon so everything will be fine, as long as it is not available yet let's just be careful to ourselves.
Activity: 15
Merit: 0
September 08, 2020, 12:16:37 AM

Probably, every countries will pay attention in resolving future pandemic, government will focus in cleanliness and people become more aware in food and healthy lifestyle. Discipline is what covid-19 teaches to us. As of now, many of us are following the health safety rules imposed by WHO.

Many pandemics happened before such as black plague and yet people still doesn't know how to properly take care of the things that matters. Maybe for some who believes in the history may take precaution but still, only the people affected by today's pandemic will happen to be cautious about it after we came back to normal days. Next generation will probably make the same mistakes as ours did.

for me still COVID-19 is the worst thing that has happened in my life. Many people die every day, activities outside the home are limited,
it is difficult to earn money and life feels unsettled for fear of being infected by the corona virus.

I definitely agree, and you can add the opportunist government officials who noticibly does sketchy activities in this time of pandemic.
Activity: 1190
Merit: 267
Undeads.com - P2E Runner Game
September 07, 2020, 11:45:36 PM
your story is like a fairy tale, sorry but it's not that easy you think everyone thinks the same and it will always end well, of course not.
some people may find it helpful but it will be hard to do it every day.
in this world there are even people who are willing to see other people suffer in order to achieve their goals, more precisely they only do what they need to do.
Activity: 868
Merit: 185
Roobet supporter and player!
September 07, 2020, 07:47:30 PM
Maybe it is true that the COVID-19 pandemic has a chance to reset, some people argue that with the COVID-19 air quality is getting better.
A devastated economy, forced to start all over again. Many people began to pay attention to health, such as cleanliness and healthy foods
that must be eaten. The way of life for humans is getting healthier, these are some of the positive effects that have occurred due to COVID-19.
But for me still COVID-19 is the worst thing that has happened in my life. Many people die every day, activities outside the home are limited,
For every problem that we encounter, there is always a lesson that we have to take. This pandemic is a lesson for all of us to focus when it comes in healtc sectors. Many countries such as Italy have underestimated this virus and at the end, they have failed to cease the number of patients that became positive in covid. We are all unprepared for this pandemic but I know this would be the start for a reset. Probably, every countries will pay attention in resolving future pandemic, government will focus in cleanliness and people become more aware in food and healthy lifestyle. Discipline is what covid-19 teaches to us. As of now, many of us are following the health safety rules imposed by WHO.

But, I am thinking that it may also affect the culture. As day passed, I am asking when will the normal back again, wherein people can go outside without mask and social distancing. Well, I just missed those days where our lives is living in normal. There are lots of changes that this pandemic brought to the humanity.
copper member
Activity: 14
September 07, 2020, 01:53:14 PM
It is not a simple as you wish it to be. Preventing people from working can lead to poverty and starvation, and ultimately death.

That is correct. I don't know why people believe this is simple, this is very risky
copper member
Activity: 28
September 07, 2020, 11:53:21 AM
I think in every worst situation, humans has this ability to find a way to turn it into positive, just like the WW2. Millions lost their lives, directly or indirectly and we should say that it was also a reset. But still the horrors are feel even after more than half a century now.

So with this pandemic, many died as well, lost our jobs, our businesses and everything, so we really couldn't say it's a blessing, perhaps it let families closer to together because of the lockdown. But if you don't have money to bring food in the table, then there's nothing positive about it. And now with the looming crisis in the horizon, it's either we adopt in order to survived.

yes exactly, if we think just negativeness then we will fall more down, so think positive and learn something, and be kind for all because everyone needs motivation.
Activity: 1876
Merit: 318
September 07, 2020, 06:07:51 AM
Maybe it is true that the COVID-19 pandemic has a chance to reset, some people argue that with the COVID-19 air quality is getting better.
A devastated economy, forced to start all over again. Many people began to pay attention to health, such as cleanliness and healthy foods
that must be eaten. The way of life for humans is getting healthier, these are some of the positive effects that have occurred due to COVID-19.
Activity: 1470
Merit: 135
September 07, 2020, 05:03:28 AM
Coronavirus is one of the unexpected things we could experience right now also this is the worst year that I experience. Yes, there is a history of virus-like this but the problem it's on history this is a new story right now.

Many countries fall down ecnonomy.
Many people lose their job
Many families are hard to live because of short supply.
Many company are not operating.
Many people died.
Many people are still not cured.

By the time goes by some of the people getting infected are now recovering which is a good sign and hope to make another reset on their live.

Some parts of the world are already healing and start their business up and building it again even there is a tragedy happens still they are keeping optimistic.

Even there are a lot of possible vaccines there is no assurance this the main cure.
Activity: 1120
Merit: 272
First 100% Liquid Stablecoin Backed by Gold
September 07, 2020, 04:51:49 AM
It is not a simple as you wish it to be. Preventing people from working can lead to poverty and starvation, and ultimately death.

Plus, economies will really crash due to unemployment and closed businesses.

Financial or economic reset are really approaching but that doesn't mean that it is an advantage for all of us. This pandemic really brought a lot of damage and inconvenience to humanity. Even the animals are affected due to starvation and bankruptcy of those zoos. All the sectors are affected, mainly, economics due to increasing of jobless people.
Activity: 2828
Merit: 357
Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!
September 07, 2020, 04:48:27 AM
Corona virus knows no boundaries and damaged every religion, class, clan and society. But, this is high time for all of us to work together on things that didn't worked as properly as it should be. We should revive our economy and make our educational and health sector best because they are pillar of any developed nations.
This is now going to be different because the Vaccine is already on the move to make more positive result and when this being confirmed?.then world will
turn around again to make our lives on track.
we have been in the dark half of our year now and still counting but this September comes the Sun to lighten us all.

And what good would come from that "reset"? I would rather say that we are adapting to new situation pretty well instead of it being a blessing. That's because we have to adapt and people are good at that. That's is why the human race with probably prevail almost anything. But this is very far from any blessing.
Blessings maybe indeed because we finally has the Cure(though still need to be tested and proven and in many countries they are flattening the Curve so meaning?
at any chance this month or the next will be different and living will be good again and better.
Normal will be on our lives and Jobs will start opening again.Soon
Activity: 2044
Merit: 16
September 07, 2020, 04:30:38 AM
Tourism industry has been one of the heavily affected due to this pandemic because countries are still banning local and international travels in and out as safety precautions of preventing more spread of the virus. Such lock-downs on cities is the only way to fight the pandemic and government is trying hard to contain infections at all cost for us to return in our normal state of living as soon as possible. Law abiding citizens will always understand this procedures because it's for everyone's safety.
legendary
Activity: 1904
Merit: 1277
September 07, 2020, 03:24:24 AM
Taiwan and New Zealand sure dealt with it at its best.
Add Singapore, coz I'm really impressed how they handle the pandemic situation, though clearly no one was ready for this but their strong will to be a resilient country has been tested.

One reason that South East Asian countries dealt better with this, and were quicker to lockdown, is their recent pandemic experience with SARS and MERS.
The West always thought itself immune to these pandemics, they were things that happened in other countries.
I think once this one is eventually all cleared up, then every country around the world will be much more prepared and act much more swiftly the next time that there is a threat of a global pandemic.
Activity: 3010
Merit: 629
September 07, 2020, 12:09:39 AM
Indeed. Many people are struggling because of the implemented lockdown.

Some of us dont have enough money/savings to buy food. Its very easy to say that we need to abide and bear the situation to fight the virus but to those who dont have food to eat while at home this is not an easy thing.
Activity: 1750
Merit: 118
September 06, 2020, 11:58:20 PM
the government should have to keep the economic back to normal because if the situation keep continue there will be something bad that will happen.
it is on some .  economy are slowly returning while some arent yet because thier situation are still worst and government prefer to have a poor economy than to risk the health of its people because thats more painful  .  

Meanwhile, what should they do when cases increase and they still employ their people? works with the threat of a virus and does not work for reasons of fear of not wanting to be infected.
if cases are still growing , the best solution is to stop the employment or lessen the employees . other best option would be stoping the business or the work for quite some time  . working with a threat is what others are doing now because if they stay afraid , nothing will happen on thier lives   . no money will flow
Activity: 1330
Merit: 326
September 06, 2020, 08:35:09 PM
It is always easier said than done but we can't definitely control people's way of action. Some are very much affected with this pandemic hence they are no choice but to go out and find some money to provide financial needs.

Governments is not always there to provide and that's the reality. Our economy is also affected and people are trying to survive with this new normal after lifting the lockdown.
And people are aware of bad effects so i think discipline is all we need to control the spread of this covid19.
Activity: 1330
Merit: 147
September 06, 2020, 06:51:03 PM
This is an awry situation in my perspective, in one side the government should have to keep the economic back to normal because if the situation keep continue there will be something bad that will happen. In another side, they should have to guard their citizen in order to keep them health. Meanwhile, what should they do when cases increase and they still employ their people? works with the threat of a virus and does not work for reasons of fear of not wanting to be infected.
Pages:
Jump to: