Pages:
Author

Topic: Overview of trusted/recommended Translators - page 5. (Read 2739 times)

legendary
Activity: 1932
Merit: 1042
https://locktrip.com/?refId=40964
Why don't we ask the local mod/community member(s) to give a review before we add them to the 'trusted/recommended' translator? Unlike a bounty manager, you have to understand the language to judge the translation quality, so if it were me I'd be very careful

I actually support this view (in general)

However, if someone speaks (writes) fluent English (which can be easily seen from their posting history here) and to whom the English language is not their mother tongue, you could rightfully and reasonably expect that their native language skills would be at least as good. Typically, they are much better (than what you would expect from an average native speaker)

It's fine if somebody posted and requested to be added on the list but they should have at least one native speaker vouching for them

You'd be surprised how many so-called native speakers ain't quite good at their own language (despite what they might think or claim to the contrary)

But who should be a trusted validator?

Being a native speaker and having an English-language proficiency (English as the second language) are pretty good "validators" or indicators on their own if you ask me. This seems to be the case where words speak for themselves. But we can always weigh in and give our unbiased opinion (peer review)

You can think of it as a sort of standing committee or panel of trusted and recognized translators

I'm not agree with you.
And then, why are you dressing like a judge??
I think it is not correct.
I think it's not the right place.
legendary
Activity: 3430
Merit: 1280
English ⬄ Russian Translation Services
Why don't we ask the local mod/community member(s) to give a review before we add them to the 'trusted/recommended' translator? Unlike a bounty manager, you have to understand the language to judge the translation quality, so if it were me I'd be very careful

I actually support this view (in general)

However, if someone speaks (writes) fluent English (which can be easily seen from their posting history here) and to whom the English language is not their mother tongue, you could rightfully and reasonably expect that their native language skills would be at least as good. Typically, they are much better (than what you would expect from an average native speaker)

It's fine if somebody posted and requested to be added on the list but they should have at least one native speaker vouching for them

You'd be surprised how many so-called native speakers ain't quite good at speaking and deep understanding the intricacies of their own language (despite what they might think or claim to the contrary)

Being a native speaker and having an English-language proficiency (English as the second language) are pretty good "validators" or indicators on their own if you ask me. This seems to be the case where words speak for themselves. But we can always weigh in and give our unbiased opinion (peer review)

You can think of it as a sort of standing committee or panel of trusted and recognized translators
legendary
Why don't we ask the local mod/community member(s) to give a review before we add them to the 'trusted/recommended' translator? Unlike a bounty manager, you have to understand the language to judge the translation quality, so if it were me I'd be very careful.

It's fine if somebody posted and requested to be added on the list but they should have at least one native speaker vouching for them.

I like your idea mate and I agree we should be selective before adding "new" guys - the ones I have added until now should be trusted and have already provided translations here in this forum many times.

Just not 100% sure how we would go on when some new translator applies - concrete ideas?

Here we have some misunderstanding.
You are asking to review the translators who are applying.
legendary
Activity: 1736
Merit: 1358
www.btcgosu.com
Why don't we ask the local mod/community member(s) to give a review before we add them to the 'trusted/recommended' translator? Unlike a bounty manager, you have to understand the language to judge the translation quality, so if it were me I'd be very careful.

It's fine if somebody posted and requested to be added on the list but they should have at least one native speaker vouching for them.

I like your idea mate and I agree we should be selective before adding "new" guys - the ones I have added until now should be trusted and have already provided translations here in this forum many times.

Just not 100% sure how we would go on when some new translator applies - concrete ideas?
legendary
Activity: 3500
Merit: 6205
Looking for campaign manager? Contact icopress!
Although indeed Tszunami98 has done many Romanian translations lately, I've done Romanian translations too in the past and my services are still available (just I didn't spend so much time hunting for them lately).
So I feel that my name could also be on your list.

PS. Great initiative!
legendary
Activity: 2156
Merit: 1789

legendary
List has been updated:

Added aundroid for German & unsoindovo for Italian

Thank YOU mate!
I hope this could let us give some good opportunities to find new good works!
legendary
www.btcgosu.com
January 04, 2020, 08:36:59 AM
hello my greek friend  Cool

find this idea and this listing very successful and very informative for another users!
please add my translation portfolio to the list

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1sodOH-DqToS7HC39tEfut6vHJvey2CCFLRxaQSZYlio/edit?usp=sharing

Thanks for the feedback! I have added your portfolio! Smiley
legendary
Activity: 3122
Merit: 7618
🔐Icarus CEO💳
January 04, 2020, 08:27:31 AM
hello my greek friend  Cool

find this idea and this listing very successful and very informative for another users!
please add my translation portfolio to the list

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1sodOH-DqToS7HC39tEfut6vHJvey2CCFLRxaQSZYlio/edit?usp=sharing
legendary
www.btcgosu.com
January 03, 2020, 06:21:02 AM
List has been updated:

Added aundroid for German & unsoindovo for Italian
legendary
January 03, 2020, 05:23:12 AM
Hi efialtis!

Nice intiative!
if you want, add me in the list.
Below, my portfolio site.
http://italianbitcoin3r.altervista.org/index.html
Scroll down to see all my translation works.

cheers!
Activity: 1372
Merit: 783
better everyday ♥
January 03, 2020, 01:16:54 AM
Not sure if I recommend myself on this list. I have been living in Vietnam, currently I have been a translator of this language for over 2 years. I do not have an official ANN, but I have a list of my previous translations, you can see here.
Honestly, not too many people or projects need this language. Although the country is gaining access to cryptocurrencies quickly, but the way people who participate in these forums are getting them removed. Therefore, I have not had many opportunities to work recently. But I'm sure I have enough experience to work for anyone who needs it.
legendary
www.btcgosu.com
January 02, 2020, 08:11:15 PM
Nice idea!
As far as I know aundroid is also doing good German translations sometimes but I don't know if he want to be on your list and he doesn't have an ANN. Maybe sent him a PM since he's also doing good ones (especially for technical details).

Note 2: The order is completely random and does not mean that one translator is better than the other. If you have more ideas on how to improve this overview, just shoot.
To avoid confusions I would appreciate an alphabetic order of the different languages. Even if you'll get "only" one or two users per language that would get a big list.

Very good idea - I will edit this tomorrow accordingly! And also send aundroid a message.
legendary
Activity: 2114
Merit: 6618
Currently not available - plz check my websitelink
January 02, 2020, 08:08:36 PM
Nice idea!
As far as I know aundroid is also doing good German translations sometimes but I don't know if he want to be on your list and he doesn't have an ANN. Maybe sent him a PM since he's also doing good ones (especially for technical details).

Note 2: The order is completely random and does not mean that one translator is better than the other. If you have more ideas on how to improve this overview, just shoot.
To avoid confusions I would appreciate an alphabetic order of the different languages. Even if you'll get "only" one or two users per language that would get a big list.
legendary
Activity: 3430
Merit: 1280
English ⬄ Russian Translation Services
January 02, 2020, 07:22:45 PM
I'm okay with this list as long as I'm on it
legendary
www.btcgosu.com
January 02, 2020, 07:14:44 PM
As some of you may know, I offer translation services and I was asked several times if I can recommend reliable and good translators for other languages. Finding translators here is harder than one might think. In addition, fact is that not only reputable translators are floating around, which is why I think an overview with trustworthy translators who are active will be helpful. At the end of the day, bct members and companies should have the opportunity to find high-quality translators without much effort --> without having to search the whole forum but all in one place.

Note: The list will initially be rather small, so if anyone wants to be added or wants to add some translator to this list, just post your/their ANN thread. Where are you Spanish/Italian/translators? Feedback, reviews, your experiences with translators are of course very welcome in this thread.

Available jobs:

- Website translation English (or German) to French: Not crypto related. Needs an invoice and will not pay in crypto.

Last updated: 20/01/2020
Pages:
Jump to: