Pages:
Author

Topic: Pacquaio vs Mayweather 2 rematch - page 5. (Read 493 times)

legendary
Activity: 2758
Merit: 1228
October 02, 2023, 08:26:30 AM
Pacquaio is always ready to fight Mayweather is so evasive for past couple of years. Do you think that this match up would really happen?

Personally, i don't think that this fight will happen because Mayweather doesn't want to tarnish that zero lose that he had in his career. Though this is only an exhibition game but there will be a lot of pride at stake once the contract will be signed because for Pacman, he want to have his revenge and he want it even in an exhibition match and for Money, he can't afford to lose so that's the reason why this fight will not come into fruition as Mayweather is very beatable by Manny on his current age.

That's the only problem there since Mayweather is always protecting that zero lose record and Its like he is the one who will have a problem to make this match not to happen. Pacquaio is so prepared and I guess the only one he wait is a contract to make this exhibition fight to happen, but since there are rumors release regarding on this possible match up maybe there's ongoing negotiation happen so maybe its good to watch for more updates between there potential match.

Who knows maybe money can work to make this fight to happen and if Mayweather could possibly receive a lot of money on Pacquio's fight maybe this can change his decision.
Activity: 238
Merit: 68
Freedom speech and decentralized places. 💕
October 02, 2023, 07:50:51 AM
Pacquaio is always ready to fight Mayweather is so evasive for past couple of years. Do you think that this match up would really happen?

Personally, i don't think that this fight will happen because Mayweather doesn't want to tarnish that zero lose that he had in his career. Though this is only an exhibition game but there will be a lot of pride at stake once the contract will be signed because for Pacman, he want to have his revenge and he want it even in an exhibition match and for Money, he can't afford to lose so that's the reason why this fight will not come into fruition as Mayweather is very beatable by Manny on his current age.

I agree.
It would be stupid of Mayweather to accept a fight against a semi-active Pacquaio, I think it's to big of a risk to lose that zero.
In the same time Mayweather is 46 years old and Pacquaio 45 years soon, so I don't think it would be wise to go a real fight in that age.
Better to just let it be, and let people speculate.  Cheesy

But I hope it happen, would be fun to watch. But these exhibition fights is extremely boring and if they accept to fight a exhibition fight I would for sure not watch it! Just waste of money and time.
Activity: 2072
Merit: 542
October 02, 2023, 07:07:48 AM

Activity: 2814
Merit: 576
October 02, 2023, 07:06:39 AM
Although it's just an exhibition fight, I still find it very interesting to watch.

The first fight seemed like a robbery to some, as Mayweather's style dictated the fight, resulting in a rather boring bout. However, here's an interesting fact: Manny hasn't lost twice in his career against a tough defender; he has always won in a rematch. So, let's see if that trend will continue now that he has retired already.

If that were to happen, I'm sure the trilogy would be even more interesting.
legendary
Activity: 2310
Merit: 1075
October 02, 2023, 07:00:47 AM
Do you think that this match up would really happen?
I have a feeling it won't and the information posted is fake and its only purpose is to garner attention from the fans of Pacquiao and Mayweather. also, it's kind of weird that a rumour like this would go unnoticed by other boxing news platforms. As much as I love to see these two boxers fight again, I won't get my hopes up until someone from either team actually confirms that they are talking about a possible Pacquaio vs. Mayweather rematch.

what's interesting though is finding out that Pacquiao has an Illegitimate son who is a boxer and has fought as an undercard that is promoted by Pacquiao, I wonder how far he can go in the boxing industry.
Activity: 1344
Merit: 540
October 02, 2023, 06:00:25 AM
I'm not sure if the source is reputable or not. And it depends if this is just going to be a exhibition match or boxing match. So really hard to say right now what will be the outcome as both are obviously out of their primes and probably just fighting for the money again? Who knows.

And even in their first fight, both are already on the sunset of their career, although Manny continue to fight and won the WBC belt against Thurman but eventually lost it to Ugas and then he call it quits.

Of course it will still the hype for their fans, but I'm not sure if they can go and break their PPV records from the first fight.
legendary
Activity: 2758
Merit: 1228
October 02, 2023, 03:59:52 AM
There's a rumors spreading that Pacquiao vs Mayweather 2 rematch will set to happen on May 2024 https://asianmma.com/manny-pacquiao-rumoured-to-be-rematching-floyd-mayweather-in-2024/

If this deal will be set and there's official contract that this fight would happen on speculated date for sure many boxing fans will get hype for seeing this two legendary will set another big match in boxing history.

I want this fight to happen and hope no other elements will stop this or Mayweather will agree to this deal so that we can see if Pacquaio could get a revenge or Mayweather can seal the long time discussion about who is the best boxer between him and Pacquaio.
Pages:
Jump to: