Pages:
Author

Topic: Pakistan's Economy are going to crisis for Taliban? - page 3. (Read 427 times)

Activity: 1316
Merit: 254
United Crowd
At first the Afghans blamed Pakistan for the situation they were in.  Islamabad is accused of providing shelter to the Taliban. Several years ago former Pakistani president General Pervez Musharraf acknowledged the ISI was responsible for the birth of the Taliban.  Because the government and most of the population of Afghanistan are more supportive of India.  it all depends on how Pakistan explains this phenomenon to the public, so that investors don't leave Pakistan
Activity: 560
Merit: 26
Whenever I'm engaged in a discussion, I make sure the discussion is something I have picked interest on.
Politics and religion are things I don't talk much on because of individual differences and when I look beyond what we are fighting for, they alway don't worth it that's why I always ignore.
Religion and politics doesn't worth it and dieing for anyone is just foolishness be it politics or religion. We always forget the humanity outweigh those things but because of selfish interests and corruption, we always turned a blind eye.  Cry Cry
Activity: 2520
Merit: 783
Why would Pakistan’s economy suffer? You’re talking as if Afghanistan and the Taliban are interdependent. But the fact is, it’s the Taliban that is dependent on Pakistan's support, not vice versa.

The only reason why Pakistan’s economy could suffer problems is if because of providing support for the Taliban other countries might impose sanctions.

There are rumors about that but I don't think that pakistan will confirm about their support to terrorist organization groups since as you said they will paid what they do for supporting those enemy of the state if they are confirmed doing that.

Didn't know that the connection between these two countries are much more deeper than I initially know, I mean I know that Pakistan supports the Taliban but I didn't it's this deep, I thought it's just like giving them weapons or something like that.

Here is the article of denial of Pakistan about helping the taliban https://www.hrw.org/reports/2001/afghan2/Afghan0701-02.htm but maybe the rumors is true since they will not be pointed out if they didn't towards this relation to the terrorist group.
legendary
Activity: 3654
Merit: 1217
Wow, this is actually a really good reason as to why Pakistan's economy is going to tank with the occupation of the Taliban in Afghanistan. Aren't they a nuclear power too? Meaning that they still have a last resort that they can use to their advantage or even probably leverage it to use against neighboring countries to gain some favors in terms of resources.

Even countries such as Israel, India and North Korea have nuclear weapons. And it is suspected that Iran may be also having them. But having nuclear weapons is one thing, and having the technology to launch attacks is another. What will be the use with nukes, if they don't have ballistic missiles which can carry these warheads? China is rumored to have transferred missile technology to Pakistan, but in terms of defense technology Pakistan is ages behind the superpowers. If they decide to blackmail the world with nukes, then the consequences won't be too sweet for them.
Activity: 1120
Merit: 68
Pakistan harbored some terrorists (ehem) in the past, and with this link that they had with terrorist groups, a lot of huge names in the world economy are wary of placing some investments on the country. Add to that the lack of raw materials, manpower, and other resources on the country which further rubs salt to Pakistan’s economic wounds. The Taliban’s rise to power is perhaps one of those things that sealed Pakistan’s economic fate. We would see a continuous decline from here, and it will not be a pretty sight that’s for sure.
Wow, this is actually a really good reason as to why Pakistan's economy is going to tank with the occupation of the Taliban in Afghanistan. Aren't they a nuclear power too? Meaning that they still have a last resort that they can use to their advantage or even probably leverage it to use against neighboring countries to gain some favors in terms of resources.
legendary
Activity: 3500
Merit: 1162
www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games
Every single nation on earth that do not have a big company (and preferably few more) that sells billions of dollars worth of product to other nations will be facing this crisis. It could be today, it could be next year, it could be in a decade but it will happen.

All those USA, UK, Germany and alike nations that have companies that sells to the whole world does create a gap between those nations and nations like Pakistan. If someone from Pakistan came up with Apple (which wouldn't be big I assume like it is now) then Pakistan would be saved, just from that one company.

So, every nation needs to make sure to promote their big companies and help them grow even bigger when it comes down to going overseas, I would literally prefer if governments paid from tax payers money to these nations to open up shops all around the world so that they would bring in more money back to the nation. If you expect foreigners to come in and give you money then you will bankrupt, you need to go earn that money.
Activity: 462
Merit: 100
I don’t understand what point of view you want to explain. Pakistan’s economy has always been on the verge of collapse. Afghanistan’s current economic situation is also extremely bad, with little impact on Pakistan. The country with the largest real investment in Pakistan is China. The impact of China's national investment policy on Pakistan will be obvious.
I am also not clear this point Pakistan is won well free freedom country. Afghanistan lots of people get freedom from America I don't agree Taliban can impact Pakistan economy. Pakistan is dependent on china so china will help to recover their all problems.
Activity: 1974
Merit: 453
Why would Pakistan’s economy suffer? You’re talking as if Afghanistan and the Taliban are interdependent. But the fact is, it’s the Taliban that is dependent on Pakistan's support, not vice versa.

The only reason why Pakistan’s economy could suffer problems is if because of providing support for the Taliban other countries might impose sanctions.

That will never happen. Pakistan has always supported the Taliban (even when the NATO forces were fighting them in Afghanistan), and they never faced any sanctions for that. However this was one of the reasons why the FATF (Financial Action Task Force) included them in the "grey list". In it's statement FATF claimed that Pakistan continues to support terror organizations such as Taliban, Al Qaeda, Jaish-e Mohammad and Lashkar-e Toiba. Pakistan responded by claiming that the FATF imposed sanctions as a result of pressure tactics from India.
Activity: 1400
Merit: 283
Amid decreasing Foreign Direct Investment (FDI) floes, Pakistan's economy is expected to shrnik further, flowing Afghanistan's current situation.

According to Dawn (Pakistan's official news pepar), the consistent decline in flows into Pakistan in recent years should worry the country's economic managers.

The net flows fell by just under 39% year-on-year in July in continuation of the trend witnessed last fiscal when,
Long-term, non-debt-creating investments plummeted by 29% to 1.85 billion dollars from the previous year, the Dawn reported.

Is this right?
Well obviously the situation is that bad, for years now the constant struggle to combat Taliban by the old government has exhausted all their resources even though with the support of the US, and with everything collapsing and the non existence of a government and Taliban taking over which is a terrorist group and no country will accept them as representation of the Afghanis , the economy is the least of their problems and it would likely keep going down hill.
Activity: 1274
Merit: 622

legendary
Activity: 3542
Merit: 1352
Cashback 15%
Pakistan harbored some terrorists (ehem) in the past, and with this link that they had with terrorist groups, a lot of huge names in the world economy are wary of placing some investments on the country. Add to that the lack of raw materials, manpower, and other resources on the country which further rubs salt to Pakistan’s economic wounds. The Taliban’s rise to power is perhaps one of those things that sealed Pakistan’s economic fate. We would see a continuous decline from here, and it will not be a pretty sight that’s for sure.
legendary
Activity: 2744
Merit: 1512
I don’t understand what point of view you want to explain. Pakistan’s economy has always been on the verge of collapse. Afghanistan’s current economic situation is also extremely bad, with little impact on Pakistan. The country with the largest real investment in Pakistan is China. The impact of China's national investment policy on Pakistan will be obvious.

China also will capitalize on Afghanistan, so will Russia. They're already cutting deals with the Taliban and so whatever investment opportunities Afghanistan might provide, China will be sure to set up shop. Also makes you think if Afghanistan and other middle eastern countries will begin to have a dependency on China if any sort of relationship is established. Having terrorist groups concede to the Chinese is the most predictable outcome, but anything's possible I guess.
legendary
Activity: 2646
Merit: 1176
Amid decreasing Foreign Direct Investment (FDI) floes, Pakistan's economy is expected to shrnik further, flowing Afghanistan's current situation.

According to Dawn (Pakistan's official news pepar), the consistent decline in flows into Pakistan in recent years should worry the country's economic managers.

The net flows fell by just under 39% year-on-year in July in continuation of the trend witnessed last fiscal when,
Long-term, non-debt-creating investments plummeted by 29% to 1.85 billion dollars from the previous year, the Dawn reported.

Is this right?

There's such much irony in how Pakistan is governed, they spent so much to support the Taliban insurgency because they hate the thought of American "infidels" controlling a neighbor next to them. However the Americans being there was giving them some strategic support, not to mention all the economic benefits that added up over time (a bribe here, aid packages or a over land logistic shipments). Now that the Agfhan taliban do not have foreigners to go after so easily, they will slowly become more extreme and start to target countries around them that do not live up to a perverse version of ideology. Pakistan will eventually reap what it sowed and falling foreign capital inflows will be the start of it.. They'll probably go begging to China at some point.
Activity: 1946
Merit: 502
Without reading too much, you could already guess where the economy is heading, definitely almost all foreign investment and aid will pull out of such an unstable country ruled by Talibans, who would want to do business in such a hostile environment, I don't expect anything less, economic flourish more in a conducive and enabling environment and not in such places, it is a difficult journey for the people over there.
legendary
Activity: 2506
Merit: 3645
Buy/Sell crypto at BestChange
Unless there is a political pause in Afghanistan, I expect that sanctions will be imposed on the economic and political entities in the Taliban government, and all aid funds will be frozen, thus stifling the Afghan economy.
Unfortunately, the Afghan economy is highly dependent on aid, and with any sanctions imposed, it will be impossible for the economy to grow in a healthy manner, if we ignore the country's slide into the axis of civil wars.
legendary
Activity: 3654
Merit: 1217
And that possible conflict may threaten those investors to invest in Pakistan. But if Taliban will respect their promise about peaceful government and follow according to sharia law, then, conflict may not arise. But I am guessing some investors will be too cautious as they don't know the future yet in this region. We will see that in the coming months the impact of this Taliban rule. Right now, it is quite early to deduce things.

There can be no peace as long as Taliban is in power. Already they have summarily executed hundreds (if not thousands) of former government employees and anyone who they suspect is not following the strict dress code. They have fired live bullets on ordinary civilians who were waving Afghan national flag. And here you are claiming that they have promised "peaceful government". I know that there are a lot of people around the world who support the Taliban, either in the open, or in secret. I have only sympathy for such people.
Activity: 868
Merit: 150
★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!
Really, is it always been that way? Then how come they're still doing just fine and they even have this seeding projects that aims to grow a lot of trees, pretty sure that it's an expensive project plus don't they have a nuclear arsenal?
legendary
Activity: 2758
Merit: 1228

Is this right?

Yes most provably that will happen to them since imagine how their economy will run if many people are in fear that they will be disturbed or killed by taliban so for this chaos for sure there economy is at risk. We don't know how long this crisis will ends since this war is I think will never end as long as both parties will not have a mutual agreement on how they run their country progressively.
Activity: 1498
Merit: 146
Also their bonds values are decreasing in the EU and even they don't accept their bonds for trade which caused the value dropped by 5% until now and its expected to rise depends on how they are going to deal with Afghan Taliban.
legendary
Activity: 2562
Merit: 1441
Under the taliban, we could see afghanistan abolish democracy and free market capitalism.

Replacing them with a totalitarian dictatorship that technically owns and controls everything.

It could cause an economic contraction, which could pull pakistan's economy down with it. Depending on how close of trading partners they are.

America's withdrawal wiping out last vestiges of democracy in afghanistan is one of many unreported angles that could use more attention.
Pages:
Jump to: