Pages:
Author

Topic: Palestine & israel? What do you think about that situation? - page 9. (Read 15030 times)

Activity: 714
Merit: 500
What about israel? If palestine wasn't a country then also isreal isn't a country.
This is not true. Israel is a country - or an independent, sovereign state which gained independence in 1948.

The palestinian people tried to ask the independence to the UN but you know what is happen. They only want to oppress those people and you can't come here and say "Israel is a country - or an independent, sovereign state which gained independence in 1948." What the fu*k are you saying? Why they can't help them instead of kill them?
Activity: 46
Merit: 0
What about israel? If palestine wasn't a country then also isreal isn't a country.
This is not true. Israel is a country - or an independent, sovereign state which gained independence in 1948.

Okay, Lets start from there. What would you consider a country. Also considering the existence of natives in an area. What is accepted for you for a minority to start a country and how to deal with the existent natives? Lets see if Israel is one.
See above. Israel is a country. Palestine is not (and never was). Do people really want to argue that Palestine is an actual sovereign state?

At the time when Jewish immigration to Palestine started the area was sparsely population, and it was not an independent state. It was simply an area which was under administration by someone else. There was plenty of available land, and Jews took advantage of that and settled peacefully in available areas. Eventually the British defeated the Ottomans and took over administration of the area. They then decided to give the population there control of the area. And so they wanted to give Arabs some land and Jews some land.

The bottom line is that there was plenty of available land, and the area was to be divided into various independent states anyway. And unless one has racist attitudes, it is only just that the Jews get their own state as well, and not just the Arabs (who already got Jordan as well).

It is funny how you expand by defending yourself. Epic logic. Especially calling this area of expansion "defending itself".
The allied forces occupied Germany during WWII. This was an act of self defense, after Germany had started a war. As I pointed out, military occupation is a perfectly legitimate way to defend oneself. Had the Arabs not attacked Israel, multiple times, Israel would not have been forced to defend itself.

Germany was also forced to hand over areas to other countries after WWII. The attacker lost land. But when Israel takes land from the attacker today, people are up in arms. This double standard is deeply troubling.
Activity: 924
Merit: 1001
Unlimited Free Crypto
The facts behind the maps show that they are a result of Israel being forced to defend itself.

It is funny how you expand by defending yourself. Epic logic. Especially calling this area of expansion "defending itself". Maybe the British colonization was also an act of self defend Wink
I think he wanted to say you should read and heard their version in the original language, because the translation it 'always' a little bit different than the one in the original language.
I'm not really interested in anyone's version. I'm interested in the facts.
Aren't you interested to know the "source" in the original language?
Source for what?

This is one of the fact that I am arguing here, there are a lot of other facts.
It is not clear what you are arguing based on these maps. Care to elaborate? The facts behind the maps show that they are a result of Israel being forced to defend itself. You may notice how the West Bank and Gaza were occupied by Jordan and Egypt respectively as well. Another fact is that the map only shows part of the Palestine Mandate area. Why is Jordan not included? That is highly misleading, as it paints a false picture of how the area was divided. The Arabs already got the majority of the Palestine Mandate when Jordan was given to them a few years before Israel declared independence.

Any country on the planet in Israel's position would do the same thing. Or probably worse. Israel has shown amazing restraint at times. For example, they never even wanted to occupy the West Bank, but it then turned out that the area was key for attackers who wanted to destroy Israel. The Golan Heights even more so. Anyone who controls the Golan Heights will be able to target any part of Israel, and will put Israel at a huge strategic and military disadvantage.
Unlimited Free Crypto
The truth is determined by facts.
No my friend. Truth is determined by the victor. You still live in the smokescreen they made since it is still a relatively recent history. But your grand kids will see it clear as sunlight. Same as "Islamic expansions" and "The crusades", It eventually became clear how all those were about greed and bloodthirst. Many monstrosities came out and now they are public knowledge. Palestine is a neighbouring country. People that fled and died there are our own neighbours and flesh and blood. I am sad to tell you that yes, TV and wikipedia fed you shit for a long time. There is WAR there for the past 60-70 years.
Yes, there is war. Did I say there wasn't? The point is that there are clear and objective facts, and those are of interest to me. Mere opinions are not very useful.

By the way, Palestine is not a country, and it never was.

Okay, Lets start from there. What would you consider a country. Also considering the existence of natives in an area. What is accepted for you for a minority to start a country and how to deal with the existent natives? Lets see if Israel is one.
Activity: 714
No my friend. Truth is determined by the victor. You still live in the smokescreen they made since it is still a relatively recent history. But your grand kids will see it clear as sunlight. Same as "Islamic expansions" and "The crusades", It eventually became clear how all those were about greed and bloodthirst. Many monstrosities came out and now they are public knowledge. Palestine is a neighbouring country. People that fled and died there are our own neighbours and flesh and blood. I am sad to tell you that yes, TV and wikipedia fed you shit for a long time. There is WAR there for the past 60-70 years.

I agree with you and they should find the peace.

Yes, there is war. Did I say there wasn't? The point is that there are clear and objective facts, and those are of interest to me. Mere opinions are not very useful.

Unlimited Free Crypto

Activity: 518
Islam and Nazism are belief systems, not races.
u9y42, Thank you for posting a thoughtful piece in this thread. I've been lurking here reading both sides, and posts of your quality have been in short supply.

JJ Philips, some of your posts have also been high quality (when you're drilling down to analyze bias that underlies assumptions), but the way you talk down to and belittle people you don't agree with undermines your message. I hope you will take U9's message without feeling attacked for the purpose of continuing a productive discussion, because I'm looking forward to reading both of your posts as you fall on directly opposite side, and are both clearly knowledgeable and articulate. I just hope both sides remain civil, because I'm hoping to learn more and this discussion becomes wildly unworthy of following when either side is lobbing insults or being condescending.

I agree that u9y42's post was very good, and I will respond to it (probably in multiple parts). It was a big relief to see someone write such a post. Instead of ignoring what I'd said, u9y42 took the statements I claimed as true and presented counterevidence. People on this thread have been unable or unwilling to do this so far (except, to some extent, the Golden Dawn guy). I understand this is a difficult thing for most people to do. u9y42 probably was able to do this because he's followed the issue for a while, reading from different sources and reading historical information. If the rest of you want to someday be able to write a post like that, please, start reading -- and not just the things that you agree with.

I have been talking down to people and belittling them. Why? Let me tell you. Jew-hatred has been a serious issue for a very long time. Less than a hundred years ago six mllion Jews were systematically exterminated in Europe. There are people on this thread who openly deny this, and I suspect others on the thread who believe it's exaggerated. Most people in Western countries believe it happened, as do I. I suspect most people of the Islamic world either have never heard of it, or have heard it's a lie. That's the world today.

Some of those Jews escaped, and in some cases they escaped to a territory under British controlled territory (formerly part of the Ottoman empire) called Palestine. Some Jews had always lived there. Many other Jews had already immigrated to this territory before Europe's troubles, partly because Britain had promised a homeland for the Jews in the region in the Balfour Declaration.

Now instead of being described as immigrants fleeing persecution, people are pretending they rode in on tanks and started demolishing houses of peaceful people. Does Israel have tanks now? Yes. But that's not how they got there. They got the tanks after they arrived and after it became clear so many neighboring countries were determined to destroy them. After the neighboring countries failed (on multiple occasions) to destroy Israel, those neighbors continued to use the Palestinians as proxies to attack Israel.

Now we have people comparing modern Israelis to the Nazis. People are spreading one-sided propaganda and a cartoonish view of the history and of the situation.

Why is this happening? I honestly believe this is happening because a majority of the world hates Jews. They are determined to undermine Israel as a legitimate country so that someday when Israel is destroyed people can accept it -- even celebrate it. The world hates Jews so much it is actively trying to bring about a second holocaust, and justify it preemptively.

I'm not trying to convince you -- or any one else -- of this. However, if you believed you were watching this happen, how would you behave towards the people trying to preemptively justify a second holocaust? Would you try to reason with them? Convince them they're wrong?

The OP could've just made a spelling error when he wrote "israel" instead of "Israel," but if that were the case it would've been corrected. It's perfectly clear to me (and should be to everyone) that he does it on purpose. Why? I submit that he purposefully writes "israel" to push the idea that it isn't a legitimate country. And he's doing it because he wants it destroyed. How should I react to someone like that? To someone who spends his time on a forum attempting to justify and bring about a second holocaust? Given this view of him, I've been extremely fucking polite, trust me.

And that's just one minor example.

It's frustrating. I wish I could stop a second holocaust, but obviously I can't. I think it'll probably happen, and we'll see video of Muslims around the world celebrating, the way Palestinians celebrated on September 11. Western leaders will say it was Israel's own fault for not coming to an agreement.

And I'll get to work on nanorobots that invade and deactivate the testicles of humans.
legendary
Activity: 1778
Merit: 1043
#Free market
I think he wanted to say you should read and heard their version in the original language, because the translation it 'always' a little bit different than the one in the original language.

Aren't you interested to know the "source" in the original language? I'm also interested in the facts and I am still saying the israeli government invaded the palestinian land.

This is one of the fact that I am arguing here, there are a lot of other facts.
Unlimited Free Crypto

Is it justified to wage war on other people because they were originally kicked out of Europe? Blood is blood and they are ALL guilty.
legendary
Activity: 3752
Merit: 1217
Some Arabs were expelled during the 1948 war. Others left of their own free will, in order to make room for the Arab armies so that they could more easily kill Jews. Others ran away in fear of retaliation. There are many different reasons why all those Arabs left Israel during the 1948 war.

Yes. This happens frequently in warfare. As you say, there are many different reasons why all those Arabs left Israel. To their credit, the Jews can point out that some 20% of the Israeli population is still comprised of Arabs, while there are hardly any Jews in the Arab nations (before 1948, some 750,000 Jews used to live in these nations.
And they didn't expel the Palestinians in 1947. The large wave of Palestinian refugees was created in 1948, when Arabs attacked Israel in an attempt to wipe it out.

It will be wrong to say that the Arabs were not expelled. Most of the migration was forced. But at the same time, I would say that the same would have been the fate of the Jews, had they lost the war.
Some Arabs were expelled during the 1948 war. Others left of their own free will, in order to make room for the Arab armies so that they could more easily kill Jews. Others ran away in fear of retaliation. There are many different reasons why all those Arabs left Israel during the 1948 war.

Of course there were clashes before the 1948 war as well. Through 1947 hostilities increased, and there were many cases of Jews being under siege and attack by Arabs, and Jewish militia moving in to aid them. This often meant removing Arabs that were standing between the militias and the Jews that were under siege or attack.
legendary
Activity: 3752
Merit: 1217
And they didn't expel the Palestinians in 1947. The large wave of Palestinian refugees was created in 1948, when Arabs attacked Israel in an attempt to wipe it out.

It will be wrong to say that the Arabs were not expelled. Most of the migration was forced. But at the same time, I would say that the same would have been the fate of the Jews, had they lost the war.
legendary
Activity: 1778
Merit: 1043
#Free market
No of course I would not mind. חֵיפָה is one of many examples to cross my mind. April 1948. A city flattened on top of its thrown out civilians in every district. Do you want personal stories told by my best friend's grandfather?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Haifa#Government
Not sure I follow. Which militia are you referring to again? Haifa is a place, not a militia.

The funny thing is, you should read the Arabic version. It is like it s talking about a parallel universe where things went VERY much different. Yet because one group speaks the language you do, what they say is truth. Consider maybe the other side is either severely mouth-gagged or dead.
I don't understand Arabic or Hebrew. The truth is determined by facts. Are you saying that Wikipedia is factually wrong?

No of course I would not mind. חֵיפָה is one of many examples to cross my mind. April 1948. A city flattened on top of its thrown out civilians in every district. Do you want personal stories told by my best friend's grandfather?

Not sure I follow. Which militia are you referring to again? Haifa is a place, not a militia.

The funny thing is, you should read the Arabic version. It is like it s talking about a parallel universe where things went VERY much different. Yet because one group speaks the language you do, what they say is truth. Consider maybe the other side is either severely mouth-gagged or dead.
I don't understand Arabic or Hebrew. The truth is determined by facts. Are you saying that Wikipedia is factually wrong?

And yes your second statement is very much absurd and not true at all. Without diplomatic reasons there is a slight chance you can go there either for you getting blocked by Arabian governments or theirs.
Would you mind elaborating? Why is my the statement absurd?
Unlimited Free Crypto
Would you mind clarifying which militia you are referring to which is telling people to vacate in 48 hours?

Remember, plenty of Arabs migrated to Palestine as well (the Jews created a higher standard of living, which also attracted Arabs to those areas). Do you consider them to be unwanted immigrants too?

And yes your second statement is very much absurd and not true at all. Without diplomatic reasons there is a slight chance you can go there either for you getting blocked by Arabian governments or theirs.
third world savage immigrants don't look a lot like israelis with their guns and tanks but they have more in common than you think. unwanted foreign elements sneaking in somewhere where they aren't wanted as the authorities turn a blind eye, becoming the majority in certain areas creating no-go areas for natives first in a few towns and cities, eventually everywhere.
Your comparisons fail for a number of reasons, but I will mention a couple here:

Israel is a beacon of freedom and democracy in the area. Minorities are granted equal rights and protection under law. Arabic is even an official language in Israel. Individual rights are extremely important. For example, where else in the area would you expect to see homosexuals parading through the streets celebrating their sexual orientation as they do yearly in Tel Aviv? Comparing this to people from societies where freedom of speech is non-existent and where homosexuals are executed is quite a stretch!

The Jews in Palestine mostly settled down in areas where there weren't any existing inhabitants in the first place. Palestine was not a country of its own but rather just a rather big and rather empty area under different rulers. I'm not sure why you think Jews shouldn't be allowed to make use of freely available space in the middle of nowhere, where no one has laid any claims to the land in the first place.

What are these no-go areas for natives related to Israel, if I may ask?

No, My point is at a point you can stop calling them immigrants and start calling them invaders and it will become an insult when you compare them to immigrant communities in other countries. When those "immigrants" come to you fully geared from head to toe in an organized militia manner and tell you that you have 48 to vacate "how humane!", Then come after that period  to level your home to the ground regardless of any family members trapped inside. Indeed the similarities are uncanny between them and other immigrants.
Would you mind clarifying which militia you are referring to which is telling people to vacate in 48 hours?

Remember, plenty of Arabs migrated to Palestine as well (the Jews created a higher standard of living, which also attracted Arabs to those areas). Do you consider them to be unwanted immigrants too?
the zionists must be the only people on earth who could settle in someone else's country and create a jewish majority country by expelling most of the original inhabitants and successfully fool much of the civilized world into calling those people terrorists when they try and defend themselves
Zionists aren't a people, but rather a movement working towards a homeland for the Jews. And they succeeded.

Palestine was not someone else's country, but rather an area under British administration in the years before Israel was founded.

I'm not sure who you are referring to as the original inhabitants, as Palestine had a rather small population before the Jewish immigration started around 1900.

Yes, Arabs were expelled from Israel, but this was because of the war that several Arab countries started in an attempt to wipe out the newly founded state. As a matter of fact, there were about 50/50 Arabs and Jews in Israel originally. Had the Arabs not started the war, all those people would not have been refugees today.

As for defending themselves, do you really consider launching rockets at civilians a form of defense?

not the same because colonists in those places eventually granted the natives their rights whereas israel continues to disenfranchise arabs while portraying itself as a victim.
This is not true. Israeli Arabs do have their full rights, and they also have laws protecting them as a minority. Furthermore, Arabic is an official language in Israel.

You can't expect Israel to give equal rights to foreigners, and no other state on earth does that.

Perhaps I am mistaken, but my understanding was that Israel was "the promised land" that their god promised his "chosen people." That is how they justify the expelling of the Palestinians in 1947. Correct me if I do not have this correct.
Many of the Zionists that worked towards the creation of Israel were Socialists and Atheists. So no, the religious angle is not really relevant. Israel was founded as a secular state by a largely secular group of people.

Pages:
Jump to: