Pages:
Author

Topic: Pandaminer B3+ Review - Why you should never buy a Pandaminer B3+ / B1 - page 2. (Read 5557 times)

Activity: 1414
Merit: 487
YouTube.com/VoskCoin

Pandaminer GPU's now crash when I go to mine. all cards recognized at least one will crash, always gpu4 then claymore goes to reboot and freezes

Tried mining ZEC instead of one card crashing, 3 crashed Cheesy / same freezing result
YouTube.com/VoskCoin
Don't they have like a 6 month warranty for those things?
I guess the miner catching on fire whould be covered by that  Cheesy
Yeah w/ you covering shipping and I'm a second hand owner of both so I imagine they may use that to shrug off support even though one was purchased directly from their distributor

Here's my latest issues with my second pandaminer
https://youtu.be/PIwmfx8KjqY

Note its a different version dagarair reports it as a gen 1 b3+ whereas my other panda is a gen 2 b3+ I'm assuming -- its a newer version
This psu has more splitters than needed . .
Much quieter and lower tone, still a very loud miner but nothing in comparison to the "gen 2 pandaminer"

only getting 6x gpu recognized

Hi VoskCoin,

Appreciate your reviews and have re-tweeted your YouTube videos, keep up the good work Smiley

I have just received 20 of these PoS, 19 of which are running now, 1 of which is DoA.

Do you know how to get them out of 'Chinese Windows 10' mode into English?

Best Regards,
KJS

I will send you the links I used / helped, pm me your email wish I had time today to make you a quick video!
YouTube.com/VoskCoin
So I have one pandaminer, the grey one

Main issue -- I have 7 cards running on it, however gpu 4 always crashes... how can I fix this?

Running on 240v I don't understand how you'd wire 220v here it's measured 248 or 246 with a meter

My research says oem panda PSU is rated up to 240v so that all falls in line with normal things

People are running oem panda PSU on 240v?

I don't have asm or dcri enabled still crashing

When I begin mining there is an audible drop in the tone / maybe speed of the fans ?
kjs
Activity: 188
Merit: 105
Yeah w/ you covering shipping and I'm a second hand owner of both so I imagine they may use that to shrug off support even though one was purchased directly from their distributor

Note its a different version dagarair reports it as a gen 1 b3+ whereas my other panda is a gen 2 b3+ I'm assuming -- its a newer version
Much quieter and lower tone, still a very loud miner but nothing in comparison to the "gen 2 pandaminer"

Hi VoskCoin,

Appreciate your reviews and have re-tweeted your YouTube videos, keep up the good work Smiley

I have just received 20 of these PoS, 19 of which are running now, 1 of which is DoA.

Do you know how to get them out of 'Chinese Windows 10' mode into English?

Best Regards,
KJS
Activity: 186
Merit: 100
Dam...I didn't know smOS doesn't work with the B3. I already sent drives pre-loaded to the hosting company.
Thanks for the heads up. Hopefully Eliovp will come to the rescue.
I refuse to use windows!
What batch are your pandas from? Agreed, I feel Eliovp is the only one who can save these damn pandas lol
Hope yours workout better than mine has thus far!

Mine are from March batch (B3) . Took forever to get delivered and now hosting company sitting on them for weeks. Trying not to lose my shit.

Valuable lessons learned:

Never pre-order (time is money!!)
Never rely on others. Build and manage your own rigs.

If I sat on my 12k BTC instead of buying the Pandas I would have more than doubled my $$$
Activity: 847
Merit: 383
put your finger on the cards after about 20 min.  You will know what 2 cards are not running.  Pull them and swap positions with working cards and see if the problem follows the card.  If it does you have 2 dead cards.
YouTube.com/VoskCoin

open and replug them all in.  Some do get loose in shipping.  That being said you have a gen 1 panda b3 like mine.  the new ones are 5 fans front and 4 back.  You will have heat problems if you live in a hot environment.
Activity: 373
Merit: 254
the B1 has issues in heat and it will fry the PSU.  I swapped only B1 PSU for a different PS and there are no problems

If you fried your B3 its because of that shitty power inverter you have.  I have not had issues at all with them.

Not saying they are great, but they are ok.
The pandaminer distributor sold the transformer to me with the panda, for the record. How would I have fried it and if so how does a fried rig operate?

That's why i said IF YOUR fried it.  You have a picture of a fried board on your first post.  These "distributors" are idiots btw.  Don't take anything they tell you as the truth hehe.  
I took his advice with a grain of salt but it appears he only became a distributor to fill his mining farm in china with well over 100 pandaminers

Pandaminer problem #27

Received a different pandaminer model today b3+ as well? It's only recognizing 6 gpu's . . . out of the box

I have the same problem as well, managed to contact pandaminer for assistance and they were quick to help me diagnose the problem. Turns out one of my GPU is faulty. I sent back the GPU to them and hoping to get a new replacement soon..
Activity: 251
Merit: 250
🌟
YouTube.com/VoskCoin
the B1 has issues in heat and it will fry the PSU.  I swapped only B1 PSU for a different PS and there are no problems

If you fried your B3 its because of that shitty power inverter you have.  I have not had issues at all with them.

The pandaminer distributor sold the transformer to me with the panda, for the record. How would I have fried it and if so how does a fried rig operate?

That's why i said IF YOUR fried it.  You have a picture of a fried board on your first post.  These "distributors" are idiots btw.  Don't take anything they tell you as the truth hehe.  
I took his advice with a grain of salt but it appears he only became a distributor to fill his mining farm in china with well over 100 pandaminers

Pandaminer problem #27

Received a different pandaminer model today b3+ as well? It's only recognizing 6 gpu's . . . out of the box

That's why i said IF YOUR fried it.  You have a picture of a fried board on your first post.  These "distributors" are idiots btw.  Don't take anything they tell you as the truth hehe. 
download from AMD site 16.9.1 I know those work on a reload.
Did you have to reload drivers on your panda?

Yeah on a few of them not all.  All updates were disabled but yet fookin windows pushed it anyway
YouTube.com/VoskCoin
This Windows update break driver thing happened to me too.  I talked to their tech support.  Found the solution:
Just go to Device Manager, manually "update drivers" that is placed in the C:\01\01 folder.  Then run the patcher.exe in the same folder.  Then disable all windows update (Google this).  And it'll work.

Also, smOS does work yes (I used the RX image on USB), just that it's not very stable, it reboots every hour or so.  So I'm back to Windows.

Also, if you use the new version of Claymore 9.x, you need to set -dcri 6 to get ~230MH/s, otherwise, it defaults to -dcri 30, and you get only 215  MH/s.

But all in all, I agree with you, it's not a good product.  I bought a few of them, I still have issues at this moment.  Like 1 card is stuck at 8MH/s, and 1 fan is not spinning, and 1 miner only sees 4 out of 8 cards after a week of running fine with 8, probably broken motherboard.  

I'm working with their tech support, so far they've been responsive and running tests, but I don't know how easy it would be to replace the faulty motherboard (in my opinion).

I tried this and it's still not accepting the cards / updates
Can you explain step by step so I may see if I missed something, but it's either telling me they're up to date or already patched

Device status is
Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems Code 43

Do I need to revert the windows version first? With all this headache I should have just built a rig for less! Lol

The only installed update on the uninstall an updated list was security update for adobe flash player

did you update the windows? try to use DDU to uninstall gpu driver. then install driver rx470 from philipma. not sure this work or not..

I didn't and it's set to not update so I'm not sure?
YouTube.com/VoskCoin
Did you have to reload drivers on your panda?
YouTube.com/VoskCoin

Activity: 294
Merit: 100
This Windows update break driver thing happened to me too.  I talked to their tech support.  Found the solution:
Just go to Device Manager, manually "update drivers" that is placed in the C:\01\01 folder.  Then run the patcher.exe in the same folder.  Then disable all windows update (Google this).  And it'll work.

Also, smOS does work yes (I used the RX image on USB), just that it's not very stable, it reboots every hour or so.  So I'm back to Windows.

Also, if you use the new version of Claymore 9.x, you need to set -dcri 6 to get ~230MH/s, otherwise, it defaults to -dcri 30, and you get only 215  MH/s.

But all in all, I agree with you, it's not a good product.  I bought a few of them, I still have issues at this moment.  Like 1 card is stuck at 8MH/s, and 1 fan is not spinning, and 1 miner only sees 4 out of 8 cards after a week of running fine with 8, probably broken motherboard.  

I'm working with their tech support, so far they've been responsive and running tests, but I don't know how easy it would be to replace the faulty motherboard (in my opinion).

Can you explain step by step so I may see if I missed something, but it's either telling me they're up to date or already patched

Device status is

Do I need to revert the windows version first? With all this headache I should have just built a rig for less! Lol

The only installed update on the uninstall an updated list was security update for adobe flash player

did you update the windows? try to use DDU to uninstall gpu driver. then install driver rx470 from philipma. not sure this work or not..

YouTube.com/VoskCoin

Device status is

Pages:
Jump to: