Pages:
Author

Topic: Pandaminer B3+ Review - Why you should never buy a Pandaminer B3+ / B1 - page 3. (Read 5557 times)

Activity: 107
Merit: 10
SHPING Presale:22-31 JAN / Crowdsale:22 FEB-23 MAR
I was thinking about getting one of these. Now I'm not so sure anymore...

Do you think they have fixed the problems in the newest batch ?
Activity: 1414
Merit: 487
YouTube.com/VoskCoin
I new from the early appearance of these pandaminers that it can not be good stuff. Thanx for confirmations.
Unfortunately you were right xD, thanks for watching!
YouTube.com/VoskCoin
Dam...I didn't know smOS doesn't work with the B3. I already sent drives pre-loaded to the hosting company.
Thanks for the heads up. Hopefully Eliovp will come to the rescue.
I refuse to use windows!
What batch are your pandas from? Agreed, I feel Eliovp is the only one who can save these damn pandas lol
Hope yours workout better than mine has thus far!
YouTube.com/VoskCoin
This Windows update break driver thing happened to me too.  I talked to their tech support.  Found the solution:
Just go to Device Manager, manually "update drivers" that is placed in the C:\01\01 folder.  Then run the patcher.exe in the same folder.  Then disable all windows update (Google this).  And it'll work.

Also, smOS does work yes (I used the RX image on USB), just that it's not very stable, it reboots every hour or so.  So I'm back to Windows.

Also, if you use the new version of Claymore 9.x, you need to set -dcri 6 to get ~230MH/s, otherwise, it defaults to -dcri 30, and you get only 215  MH/s.

But all in all, I agree with you, it's not a good product.  I bought a few of them, I still have issues at this moment.  Like 1 card is stuck at 8MH/s, and 1 fan is not spinning, and 1 miner only sees 4 out of 8 cards after a week of running fine with 8, probably broken motherboard. 

I'm working with their tech support, so far they've been responsive and running tests, but I don't know how easy it would be to replace the faulty motherboard (in my opinion).

Was this on B1 or b3+?,  glad they're working better with you I am still awaiting a response to my second email . . .

How can they advertise it as 237 mh/s and we are getting 215 mh/s . . it's a lie basically at that point?

Appreciate the input i'll give it a shot today, keep us posted on yours!
Activity: 186
Merit: 100
Excellent info Virtexl...thanks mate!
Activity: 17
Merit: 0
This Windows update break driver thing happened to me too.  I talked to their tech support.  Found the solution:
Just go to Device Manager, manually "update drivers" that is placed in the C:\01\01 folder.  Then run the patcher.exe in the same folder.  Then disable all windows update (Google this).  And it'll work.

Also, smOS does work yes (I used the RX image on USB), just that it's not very stable, it reboots every hour or so.  So I'm back to Windows.

Also, if you use the new version of Claymore 9.x, you need to set -dcri 6 to get ~230MH/s, otherwise, it defaults to -dcri 30, and you get only 215  MH/s.

But all in all, I agree with you, it's not a good product.  I bought a few of them, I still have issues at this moment.  Like 1 card is stuck at 8MH/s, and 1 fan is not spinning, and 1 miner only sees 4 out of 8 cards after a week of running fine with 8, probably broken motherboard. 

I'm working with their tech support, so far they've been responsive and running tests, but I don't know how easy it would be to replace the faulty motherboard (in my opinion).

legendary
Activity: 2030
Merit: 1076
BTCLife.global participant
I new from the early appearance of these pandaminers that it can not be good stuff. Thanx for confirmations.
Activity: 186
Merit: 100
Dam...I didn't know smOS doesn't work with the B3. I already sent drives pre-loaded to the hosting company.
Thanks for the heads up. Hopefully Eliovp will come to the rescue.
I refuse to use windows!
YouTube.com/VoskCoin
Hey guys I put together a review video on my Pandaminer B3+
https://youtu.be/sefJNg8Bv5I

I saw some promising reviews and specs on the pandaminer gpu eth zec xmr mining rig, so I began my quest to attain one. .  They were flying through their pre-orders in seconds / minutes selling 1000+ panda miners . .  it was tough to acquire. I reached out to the Virginia Pandaminer Distributor and he was able to get me a panda miner however at the BTC price he wanted, I ended up paying about $3000 dollars for a Pandaminer B3+ at the end of May.

Long story short some of these pandaminers are catching fire, going up in flames is ridiculous because their production was rushed and just cheap. You can read more about the latest panda miner fire here
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/caution-pandaminers-catching-fire-1946017

My pandaminer worked for about a week before at this point my understanding is that windows updated and now does not recognize the GPU

SMOS did not work for me and tytanick states he does not support pandaminers

pandamOS by eliovp is promising however his current version did not work for me, he will begin working on a fix this weekend

List goes on, watch the videos for full details, I do not recommend this miner.

I'll update later as I'm determined to make this thing work, any input on getting it running correctly would be more than welcome.

Update
Here is my second pandaminer . . I am also experiencing issues with this b3+
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1_UTgt9fbxg
Pages:
Jump to: