Author

Topic: panic selling - page 117. (Read 111179 times)

legendary
Activity: 1036
Merit: 1002
July 20, 2016, 12:57:16 PM
What if somebody will make a huge dump and sell it all the way to earn some profits because of this rally in bitcoin,and someone sees it and do that same thing. Is there any effect on bitcoin when someone to this,?

The effect of this will be profitable to the dumper because after dumping the bitcoin he is collecting bitcoin in lowest price and sell it at high price. I think this is the strategy in Altcoin trading of others developer of altcoin and i think this is the strategy of.my friend. They dump the coins and buy many coins in lowest price and they wait it to rise and sell it. BTC
legendary
Activity: 3486
Merit: 1280
English ⬄ Russian Translation Services
July 20, 2016, 12:40:59 PM
The price has remained stable for a while since halving. And we are not seeing wild spikes during weekends. The price is unusually quiet and market is quiet.

Is that a good sign?

Calm before the storm. Get ready for unexpected consequences

Why do you think this is calm before the storm? Were there precedents?

The surge of recent months is the precedent. The price had been hanging around $200-250 for some time and stood almost still around $220-230 for a few weeks. Then it started growing without major retrace until it reached around $450...

So fasten your belts and diapers

I see your point. Wild guess: The only likely factor for it to crash now is the sudden craze in Ethereum, bag holders cash out from Bitcoin and dump their money into Ether?

Ether seems to have been discredited beyond hope, so the rebound from the low $600 was more likely due to the Ethereum bag holders dropping their shit on the way into Bitcoin bandwagon...

But this may have only temporary effect before a more serious pullback
Activity: 266
Merit: 250
July 20, 2016, 08:10:30 AM
The price has remained stable for a while since halving. And we are not seeing wild spikes during weekends. The price is unusually quiet and market is quiet.

Is that a good sign?

The surge of recent months is the precedent. The price had been hanging around $200-250 for some time and stood almost still around $220-230 for a few weeks. Then it started growing without major retrace until it reached around $450...

I see your point. Wild guess: The only likely factor for it to crash now is the sudden craze in Ethereum, bag holders cash out from Bitcoin and dump their money into Ether?
legendary
Activity: 1526
Merit: 1179
July 18, 2016, 06:52:03 PM
I really doubt bitcoin will get lower, it may drop to 600 dollars but those its normal as bitcoin is very volatil crypto currencie. I believe before the halving day people expected a huge price increase and those didnt happened, soo they may be trying to get out to avoid loose.
Expectations in the run up to the block halving were indeed very high with some people even saying it it would reach a new ATH.

These people surely may be disappointed in the price not going up as much as they were hoping for, but I don't think they will use that as reason to start dumping.

If they wanted to dump as result of their predictions not being met, then they would have sold their coins directly after the block halving.
xht
Activity: 462
hey you, yeah you, fuck you!!!
July 18, 2016, 06:34:56 PM

Is that a good sign?

wait for the rain,,cause when it rains it pours.
just like bitcoin ,when demand is high ,the higher btc price will be.

The storm is coming but it maybe be months before we see it actually happening.
My situation is that I am not trading active because i find it too risky, since i've got no clear direction where the price will go.
trust your instincts and im sure it will lead you to a better and higher profit. Believe in yourself.
We are not animal do something with instincts in trading you need find information to predict what the position you choice. yes have self confidence is needed in trading.
Activity: 756
Merit: 501
July 18, 2016, 06:25:42 PM
I really doubt bitcoin will get lower, it may drop to 600 dollars but those its normal as bitcoin is very volatil crypto currencie. I believe before the halving day people expected a huge price increase and those didnt happened, soo they may be trying to get out to avoid loose.
legendary
Activity: 2422
Merit: 1102
July 18, 2016, 06:04:47 PM

Even if price falls in current time then I will not get panic and will prefer to hold my coins until I don't see my expected price on the chart, and my expected price is $1k.

I expect higher volatility, not necessarily a significant price fall. The longer the price stands still, the stronger will be the subsequent move (either way)...

So, keep your oops-bags ready

Price volatility is an part n parcel of bitcoin, I am eagerly waiting for that huge pump which will last for few minutes so that I can sell my coins at right time.
legendary
July 18, 2016, 06:01:35 PM

Even if price falls in current time then I will not get panic and will prefer to hold my coins until I don't see my expected price on the chart, and my expected price is $1k.

I expect higher volatility, not necessarily a significant price fall. The longer the price stands still, the stronger will be the subsequent move (either way)...

So, keep your oops-bags ready
Activity: 504
July 18, 2016, 05:54:14 PM

Is that a good sign?

well to be honest the price goes up all the time after being stable if you would look in the price history, i think there is a huge chance that the price will go up right now too
Activity: 798
Merit: 1000
July 18, 2016, 05:36:36 PM

Is that a good sign?

legendary
July 18, 2016, 01:56:51 PM

Is that a good sign?

July 18, 2016, 11:27:08 AM

Is that a good sign?

Activity: 210
Merit: 100
July 17, 2016, 12:17:57 PM

Is that a good sign?

My situation is that I am not trading active because i find it too risky, since i've got no clear direction where the price will go.
trust your instincts and im sure it will lead you to a better and higher profit. Believe in yourself.
Activity: 434
July 17, 2016, 12:14:53 PM

Is that a good sign?

Activity: 210
July 17, 2016, 11:04:41 AM

Is that a good sign?

legendary
July 17, 2016, 10:47:56 AM

Is that a good sign?

July 17, 2016, 05:52:18 AM

Is that a good sign?
Activity: 203
★CryptoGamesFX.com★
July 12, 2016, 01:50:13 PM
The Chinese are masters in volume on cryptocurrencies.  Shocked
of course the most volume comes from china, there are a lot of miners so they sell their bitcoins and buy it so i guess thats the main thing why, i doubt there is any panic selling right now

I do not think there is any panic selling. As long as the price is still above $500, that is normal market action.
Activity: 504
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
July 12, 2016, 12:49:02 PM
The Chinese are masters in volume on cryptocurrencies.  Shocked
of course the most volume comes from china, there are a lot of miners so they sell their bitcoins and buy it so i guess thats the main thing why, i doubt there is any panic selling right now
Activity: 1190
Merit: 534
July 12, 2016, 12:43:39 PM
Panic selling can crate domino effect and it will affect price of bitcoins but it depends on what you are calling huge. Percentage of value will affect in the correlation of overall amount transacted (sold). I will say it will just create price fluctuations as if someone is selling the price will fall and 10 others are waiting to buy at lower price so eventually it might result in increase in price of bitcoin as compared with that of when the domino selling started.
Jump to: