Pages:
Author

Topic: panic selling - page 61. (Read 111179 times)

Activity: 1526
Merit: 596
May 04, 2017, 05:36:41 PM
I dont really think that we may encounter any panic selling right now, it is not the time when people are dumping their coins like a mad-mans.
It is pretty funny, because such a rise have made many people to rid out of their BTC, to get a really great rate on BTC/USD pair, so they get a lot of fiat for every single satoshi.
But panic selling only occurs in such a situation, when the particular asset price is going dramatically down. When it looks like that nothing may stop the current downtrend, and that the company behind the whole project is going to fall. People want to save the money stacked in it as hard as possible, so they simply bail-out from this kind of investment, it is an obvious thing and reasonable, but only if the situation is really bad.
legendary
Activity: 1442
Merit: 1025
May 04, 2017, 05:24:18 PM
Panic selling will happen anytime this day so be ready for it.im not 100% sure about it but i can feel it. Lol,im just joking.. there will be no panic selling that will happen this year and bitcoin will have a long run heading north.

Actually you may be right, the new users might get frightened to see the rise, and then they may start selling their Bitcoins. It might not be due to panicking, but its a kind of minor panic.
Yes, I did experienced that before, when I'm seeing the price of bitcoin falling, I'm a bit nervous and I was fear of missing some profit so I'm riding along with the dump and sells out some of my bitcoins. And when that happened I realized that it is also increasing again, so as of now, I'm not one of them anymore.

Right now bitcoin price are falling down rapidly after testing $1600+ levels. Some big whales started to book profits after that inexperienced traders get panic and keep selling. They will learn lesson over time.
Activity: 1232
Merit: 250
May 04, 2017, 03:15:37 PM
Panic selling will happen anytime this day so be ready for it.im not 100% sure about it but i can feel it. Lol,im just joking.. there will be no panic selling that will happen this year and bitcoin will have a long run heading north.

Actually you may be right, the new users might get frightened to see the rise, and then they may start selling their Bitcoins. It might not be due to panicking, but its a kind of minor panic.
Activity: 684
Early Funders Registration: monartis.com
May 04, 2017, 10:58:41 AM
Activity: 1316
Merit: 502
May 04, 2017, 10:53:17 AM
The reason behind panic selling is that people lack patience and they get panic when they see price going down and start selling their coins at cheaper price and I think that is the time when we should hold our coins tight and wait for the price to bounce back again but generally people doesn't follow this simple rule.

It is not the patience that triggers panic selling.  It is the lack of knowledge on what it is their holding.  Lack knowledge meand lack of faith, and lack of faith means easily get shaken when dumps occurs, may it valid or fake dump.  So the first move this people who lack faith is to sell their holdings the soonest the can.
I think both also play a role in the panic of users, believe the bitcoin will also affect. If they believe in bitcoin. Of course when the price goes down they will not easily panic

There are many people who commit stupid acts. This is mainly due to a lack of knowledge. But I have a hope that every year such alarmists in the bitcoin community will become smaller, and reasonable people more

Well we cannot blame those people who thinks that bitcoins value will go down fast and the reason why they think that bitcoin will go down in value is the experience that they had before. Possibly they invested last 2013 when the bubble of bitcoin occurs and the price from 1000$ have suddenly flowing down. That occurrence has made many people to have huge losses and thus it made them to think of bitcoin in such way.
This is the common psychology of human, we never accepts loss and when too much loss it will affect our psychology, make us panic and want to find a way out. Selling is the best way to make us feel good but this is also our stupidity because investors and traders know that, they always create traps, they make us panic selling. We can not blame anything, this is our fault because if we have no faith and no knowledge, that will make us easy to fall into the trap but this is also the experience helps us to become more mature
Activity: 2520
Merit: 568
Payment Gateway Allows Recurring Payments
May 04, 2017, 09:01:05 AM
I hope that this pump will happen for a longer time. And I hope also that those whales aren't going to start the selling so that panic sellers will not do the same. The movement of bitcoin's price right is very calm and it's in the favor to all of us if this is going to continue then everyone that is holding for a longer time will be happy.
Activity: 994
Merit: 544
May 04, 2017, 08:56:30 AM
The reason behind panic selling is that people lack patience and they get panic when they see price going down and start selling their coins at cheaper price and I think that is the time when we should hold our coins tight and wait for the price to bounce back again but generally people doesn't follow this simple rule.

It is not the patience that triggers panic selling.  It is the lack of knowledge on what it is their holding.  Lack knowledge meand lack of faith, and lack of faith means easily get shaken when dumps occurs, may it valid or fake dump.  So the first move this people who lack faith is to sell their holdings the soonest the can.
I think both also play a role in the panic of users, believe the bitcoin will also affect. If they believe in bitcoin. Of course when the price goes down they will not easily panic

There are many people who commit stupid acts. This is mainly due to a lack of knowledge. But I have a hope that every year such alarmists in the bitcoin community will become smaller, and reasonable people more

Well we cannot blame those people who thinks that bitcoins value will go down fast and the reason why they think that bitcoin will go down in value is the experience that they had before. Possibly they invested last 2013 when the bubble of bitcoin occurs and the price from 1000$ have suddenly flowing down. That occurrence has made many people to have huge losses and thus it made them to think of bitcoin in such way.
Activity: 196
Merit: 100
May 04, 2017, 08:38:10 AM

It is not the patience that triggers panic selling.  It is the lack of knowledge on what it is their holding.  Lack knowledge meand lack of faith, and lack of faith means easily get shaken when dumps occurs, may it valid or fake dump.  So the first move this people who lack faith is to sell their holdings the soonest the can.

Activity: 1190
Merit: 500
May 04, 2017, 08:17:43 AM

Activity: 364
Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Available Now!
May 03, 2017, 04:47:51 PM
Price is going higher so I don't think that people will get panic as they will only get panic when price will start going down and without waiting for the right time will sell their coins at a wrong time and will invite big loss for themselves.
Activity: 910
Merit: 502
May 03, 2017, 04:24:18 PM
Guess that more then ever people take it as an opportunity to buy bitcoin.

It's a normal scenario to see people doing this thing and when others are already riding the panic. Those big buyers are going to take the advantage of it, they are going to ride with it and after selling some of their coins, when the price starts to become low again it's now the job for them to buy back.
These are the real business people and they know how to do best with their investment. It is fair they are doing nothing wrong in fact they watch and wait for the right moment to take a decision to jump in and when to jump out of the situation. It is wise investment plan one should adopt.
Activity: 714
May 03, 2017, 03:09:23 PM
If people are selling their bitcoins now then it cannot be considered as a panic selling as they are selling to make profits out of it and if they have bought their coins at lower price then this is the best time to sell their coins.
Activity: 2198
Merit: 273
SecureShift.io | Crypto-Exchange
May 03, 2017, 02:23:56 PM
For now, it's not strange if panic selling happens. The current bitcoin price is really high, in fact I'm thinking of selling 50% of the bitcoin I've stored all this time. Maybe this will generate huge profits. But, there is a possibility the bitcoin price will rise again.

I think the people selling now are not panic selling. They want to take their profit. And they are right to do so. I know that it will be hard to buy bitcoin much cheaper then this simply bitcoin is in an upwards spiral which is not likely to end.
I hope the price increase will not end, this should help us to make more income of our investment. I do not panic sell as well because I love to hold when it gives me good return, maybe if the price will start to dump we can see some people panicking and they are those who bought at the current price pump.

Well that's the obvious move when someone saw the price of bitcoin going down. Specially newbie, they really panic and sell their bitcoin when they see the price of bitcoin going down. Yeah I agree with you, we all hope that the price of bitcoin will continue to rise and going to the moon so that we will not see people panic and sell everything.

Not just newbies who do that, many day traders/speculators who do panic sales and immediately move focus to altcoin market if bitcoin prices continue to fall without stagnant movements more than 3 days. I don't want bitcoin to skyrocket as it is now because there will be a point where people manage to issue a spectacular negative issue. Better to move slow rather than keep going up with maximum speed.
Activity: 2618
Merit: 439
May 03, 2017, 01:56:35 PM
For now, it's not strange if panic selling happens. The current bitcoin price is really high, in fact I'm thinking of selling 50% of the bitcoin I've stored all this time. Maybe this will generate huge profits. But, there is a possibility the bitcoin price will rise again.

I think the people selling now are not panic selling. They want to take their profit. And they are right to do so. I know that it will be hard to buy bitcoin much cheaper then this simply bitcoin is in an upwards spiral which is not likely to end.
I hope the price increase will not end, this should help us to make more income of our investment. I do not panic sell as well because I love to hold when it gives me good return, maybe if the price will start to dump we can see some people panicking and they are those who bought at the current price pump.

Well that's the obvious move when someone saw the price of bitcoin going down. Specially newbie, they really panic and sell their bitcoin when they see the price of bitcoin going down. Yeah I agree with you, we all hope that the price of bitcoin will continue to rise and going to the moon so that we will not see people panic and sell everything.
Activity: 700
May 03, 2017, 01:30:26 PM
This is a typical thing in any market. A panic sell is quite normal, and a recovery usually always follows. You'll always see action from panic trading, that's where the money is to be made for the level minded players.

It's surely is a normal move upon seeing those people that are satisfied with the current price. But when someone starts to do so, the price will going to keep on being down and that's the start of others to do the same thing because they doesn't want to be late in able to cover some profit.
I do not think that trading bitcoin is the same as trading forex. I think no margin call or pip in bitcoin trading. Panic selling is fine as long as we can get profit. We do not have to worry if bitcoin price down because we are see that bitcoin price will always rise, aren't we. So do not do panic selling if we afraid to lose money.
Usually when people people they sell their bitcoins a a lower price and whales will enter to buy cheap bitcoins. Whatever happen we should not panic but it can only be possible if we know and understand what we are doing, there are a lot of traders and investors but only few of them are doing their job that's why when there's hype and FUD, they are easily affected.
I don’t understand that why does it becomes panic for someone ? It may be for those who are selling the bitcoin due to certain reason when in a time when the prices are even low. The traders or the investors are just performing their job by purchasing and selling their Bitcoin in a good time period for them. This is business and what they are doing is just accurate.
Activity: 3038
Merit: 647
May 02, 2017, 10:58:43 PM

Activity: 770
Forza Roma
May 02, 2017, 05:49:45 PM

legendary
Activity: 938
Merit: 1002
May 02, 2017, 04:51:09 PM
What if somebody will make a huge dump and sell it all the way to earn some profits because of this rally in bitcoin,and someone sees it and do that same thing. Is there any effect on bitcoin when someone to this,?

You just need to buy coins at a low price and wait a while. Here after a couple of months you can get a small profit from purchased coins at a low price.
The timing will be after a big rise there will a big dump also so buy in deep. It is much better to buy as much as you can afford but not all of your funds .
Yes, dividing your funds into various segments is a good idea; you will be secure from a side. No matter if some of your investment you think can be dumped. For the bitcoin saying it will not be fair because it is such an investment that even by the alts it will be more strengthened as they use the BTC for the exchange and BTC will always be on the top.
legendary
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1000
May 02, 2017, 02:28:57 PM
Activity: 448
May 02, 2017, 11:08:09 AM

It is not the patience that triggers panic selling.  It is the lack of knowledge on what it is their holding.  Lack knowledge meand lack of faith, and lack of faith means easily get shaken when dumps occurs, may it valid or fake dump.  So the first move this people who lack faith is to sell their holdings the soonest the can.
Impatient will also have the effect of panic because if you are patient you will survive and not panic when the price goes down. Knowledge also gives effect. If you have any knowledge of course you know the bitcoin price cycle and want to be patient in holding bitcoin

Without patience in trade, there is nothing to do, because these can only create yourself the additional stress and loss of funds.

Yes, indeed, things will just stress you out, just be patience on having your coin in your wallet, hold it and wait until it gets higher, bitcoin is good investment no need to panic since there are lots of people who is getting into it. Patience is the main element to focus here.

you just got what i was about to say. patience indeed! we must have this especially now that bitcoins price is pumping so high. but dont you think guys that many will panic sellbecause of the higher price? and they might want to take profit now than feeling lost when there will be dumps soon?
Pages:
Jump to: