Pages:
Author

Topic: paper bitcoins coming soon - page 4. (Read 7638 times)

Activity: 87
Merit: 10
You can't stop the signal
September 28, 2012, 11:58:18 PM
OK, Thanks, that's a bit over my head but some good google search terms...

I'm also working on a back side to the note that would help people understand how to redeem them, I'm thinking that these make a great promotional tools for people who don't really know how it all works but are curious and want to get involved. I'll be giving them away, maybe sell a few or whatever comes up in person.

Thanks for your help, I'm sure I'll be back.

vip
Activity: 1386
Merit: 1136
The Casascius 1oz 10BTC Silver Round (w/ Gold B)
September 28, 2012, 11:43:42 PM
Hi Mike,

I have been playing around with your paper bitcoin bank note generator and am having some fun, I created some of my own designs and am ready to print.

Can you help me understand how I would make a bulk batch payment to a set of notes with your "send many command file"

Maybe you could just point me to more information on how to do this. I did not see anything on any of the threads I was reading.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=98971.0;all

Thanks! I'll link you to my new nots when I post on my website later  Grin

Sure, it requires that you have bitcoind running as a daemon on your computer.  How you do that depends on what kind of computer you're running.  It may also require that you create an "rpcpassword" config setting in a file (I don't know it off the top of my head, but just search the forums for that).  Once you have it running, you should be able to issue commands like "bitcoind getbalance" at the terminal window and see your wallet balance.

Once you're there, the batch command is simply a bitcoind command that funds your whole batch of paper bills in a single transaction in the denomination you entered.  Paste it into your terminal to run it.
vip
Activity: 980
Merit: 1001
September 28, 2012, 11:33:51 PM
or ask them here - some Bitcoin business operators keep an eye on newbies forum or someone can quote you in that thread.

Activity: 87
Merit: 10
You can't stop the signal
September 28, 2012, 10:09:08 PM
Hello, I have been playing around with the paper bitcoin generator application on this thread and have some questions...

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=98971.0;all

Can't post in that thread as a newbie... Lips sealed

I guess Ill PM the creator...
Pages:
Jump to: