Pages:
Author

Topic: Passphrase.io - Zero knowledge notepad - Inspired by Bitcoin brainwallets - page 2. (Read 5887 times)

legendary
Activity: 1722
Merit: 1000
Cool project! I was using collabedit.com for sending texts but this looks better and fast.

Been using it all morning with a friend instead of work e-mail.. it'ssssssssssssssssss GREAT!
Activity: 560
Merit: 506
I prefer Zakir over Muhammed when mentioning me!
Cool project! I was using collabedit.com for sending texts but this looks better and fast.
legendary
Activity: 1050
Merit: 1004
Is there a limit on the amount of charaters per txt file?

~3000 characters.

Glad you like the article, and pleased to hear a solution to AdSense has been found Smiley

well donate some bitcoins to the dude guys...

this is an awesome project.

keep at it and I'll be sending you 5 000 bits a month.. not a lot but hey if everyone else chipped in some!

Thanks for the support!
legendary
Is there a limit on the amount of charaters per txt file?

legendary
well donate some bitcoins to the dude guys...

this is an awesome project.

keep at it and I'll be sending you 5 000 bits a month.. not a lot but hey if everyone else chipped in some!
legendary
Activity: 1596
Merit: 1010
Glad you like the article, and pleased to hear a solution to AdSense has been found Smiley
legendary
guys, please keep in mind my post few lines above:

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.11863316

site itself is maybe cool and owner reputable, anyway, it contains 2 spying google scripts, which are able to suck almost all information about you just (analytics) by visiting site (broswer, country, age, interests, behavior, bounce rate and combined with adsense (yes, is possible to link those services together) - it is really deadly anti-private combo.

reconsider twice, if is smart to use such service for storing confidential and sensitive data. once owner will finally remove those spying third party features (and publish source code), I'll be ready to recommend it to use and propagate. until this moment, please stay away..

Google Analytics as well as Adsense have been removed. I have replaced AdSense with a self hosted Piwik platform. Also, if you have Do Not Track enabled this will be honored and visits will not be tracked. No service will be replacing Adsense as I feel Passphrase.io should be solely donation supported. Source code will not be released for the time being, but it may be in the future.

As promised, media coverage:   http://bitcoinist.net/passphrase-io-uses-bitcoin-level-encryption-create-safe-online-notepad-service/

Thank you! I appreciate it very much.

Hey there devthedev good luck with your new project! Do you have any plans for it?  Smiley

Thanks! We're still brainstorming about the future of the project. We're hoping to make this service the go-to for text storage in the cryptocurrency space.
Activity: 344
Merit: 250
Feed me btc ^
Hey there devthedev good luck with your new project! Do you have any plans for it?  Smiley
legendary
Great Project ! In fact, We will try sending some marketing love your way whenever we are free !

Fantastic, I would love that!
legendary
Activity: 1036
/dev/null
guys, please keep in mind my post few lines above:

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.11863316

site itself is maybe cool and owner reputable, anyway, it contains 2 spying google scripts, which are able to suck almost all information about you just (analytics) by visiting site (broswer, country, age, interests, behavior, bounce rate and combined with adsense (yes, is possible to link those services together) - it is really deadly anti-private combo.

reconsider twice, if is smart to use such service for storing confidential and sensitive data. once owner will finally remove those spying third party features (and publish source code), I'll be ready to recommend it to use and propagate. until this moment, please stay away..
Activity: 357
Merit: 251
Great Project ! In fact, We will try sending some marketing love your way whenever we are free !
legendary
Interesting project for sure, will try to provide some media coverage in the next few days.

Sounds great, thank you!
legendary
Activity: 1596
Merit: 1010
Interesting project for sure, will try to provide some media coverage in the next few days.
legendary
I'm not sure, if is suitable to use such spying services from google on so sensitive page, as this one is...please reconsider other option of collecting data (on server side and HTTP level like Webalizer) and some monetization (except adsense code inside). anyway, good luck with this project, idea is quite cool.

I will look for alternatives to Google services in the future.

You might want to polish the front end and add a few social media buttons so that people might share it, which gives passphrase.io some publicity

That's a good thought, thanks!
Not problem,
How about some content which  emphasises the importance of the website and privacy?

Definitely, I'm trying to keep the home page as simple as possible. So I may lock passphrases such as "privacy" and "terms" and put emphasis on those things there.
Activity: 854
Merit: 500
I'm not sure, if is suitable to use such spying services from google on so sensitive page, as this one is...please reconsider other option of collecting data (on server side and HTTP level like Webalizer) and some monetization (except adsense code inside). anyway, good luck with this project, idea is quite cool.

You might want to polish the front end and add a few social media buttons so that people might share it, which gives passphrase.io some publicity

Not problem,
How about some content which  emphasises the importance of the website and privacy?
legendary

legendary
Activity: 1036
/dev/null
I like the idea generally and congratulation for the deal, I was also interested but decided to leave it. What I really don't like is some google code (analytics, adsense) on the page..

analytics:
Code:

adsense:
Code: