Pages:
Author

Topic: Passphrase.io - Zero knowledge notepad - Inspired by Bitcoin brainwallets - page 3. (Read 5885 times)

legendary
Activity: 1050
Merit: 1004
We were in the the top page of /r/Bitcoin all day yesterday. Check it out!

It's has changes hand to you?

BTW if you don't mind, maybe change the a text in second column be a transparant, like in first column. Just my opinion Grin

Yes, I will be continuing development on this project.

Activity: 686
Merit: 500
fb.com/Bitky.shop | Bitcoin Merch!Premium Quality!
It's has changes hand to you?

BTW if you don't mind, maybe change the a text in second column be a transparant, like in first column. Just my opinion Grin
legendary
Great work........ is it open source ?

Thanks! It's not, but in the future we may make it open source.
Activity: 303
Merit: 250
Great work........ is it open source ?
legendary
Hi everyone. Inspired by Bitcoin Brainwallets, comes Passphrase.io

Enter a passphrase, type some text, and click save.

There is a multitude of uses for this website, such as storing sensitive information (passwords, private keys), sending secret messages to friends, or scavenger hunts. It can also be a social experiment to see how people modify the text for simple passphrases.

All data is encrypted in your browser, so plaintext contents of your passphrase or notepad can't be seen.  If you lose your passphrase, there is no recovery process.

For high security, create a long sentence that is difficult to guess and never used in any song, literature, or media.  Short phrases lead to high visibility, and text can be overwritten by anyone who stumbles upon it.

Technical details:  When you click save, your notepad is encrypted by your passphrase using AES256 encryption.  Then a SHA256 hash is run on your passphrase.  The hash and encrypted notepad is then sent to our server for storage.  We have no way of knowing your passphrase, and have no way of decrypting your notepad.  No data is ever stored in your browser, so when you close the website, no trace is left behind.

Let us know what you think!
Pages:
Jump to: