Pages:
Author

Topic: [PAUSED] batch #40 .053 per AntMiner U1 USB 1.6Gh/s+ up to 2.2 - page 4. (Read 11194 times)

donator
Activity: 2352
Merit: 1060
between a rock and a block!
making my first USPS drop off in 30 mins.
donator
I had some pm's from someone a while back he was running just what you describe.  he was not able to get one that fully powered the hubs.  meanwell made them   and they ran out of  gas  at 25 hubs.  I have a link

http://www.amazon.com/Meanwell-NES-200-5-Power-Supply-Signs/dp/B00HNK984O/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1389206990&sr=8-1&keywords=meanwell+5v

http://www.ebay.com/itm/AC-DC-Power-Supply-Quad-Output-5-Volt12-Volt-5-Volt-12-Volt-12A-5A-1A-1A-120W-/111108707989?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item19de985695

the one below ran the closest to its rating.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-Mean-Well-130W-AC-DC-Long-Life-Single-Output-Switching-Power-Supply-RS-150-5-/380688863068?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item58a2d30f5c

this one did around 30 sticks.

I read something about  120gh the max on 1 program it is in the antminer notes  if that is the case 2 49 port hubs with 30 sticks each would be the max for your pc.

You think there's an ATX PSU out there that could power all 49 OC'ed?
legendary
Activity: 4116
Merit: 7849
'The right to privacy matters'
I had some pm's from someone a while back he was running just what you describe.  he was not able to get one that fully powered the hubs.  meanwell made them   and they ran out of  gas  at 25 hubs.  I have a link

http://www.amazon.com/Meanwell-NES-200-5-Power-Supply-Signs/dp/B00HNK984O/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1389206990&sr=8-1&keywords=meanwell+5v

http://www.ebay.com/itm/AC-DC-Power-Supply-Quad-Output-5-Volt12-Volt-5-Volt-12-Volt-12A-5A-1A-1A-120W-/111108707989?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item19de985695

the one below ran the closest to its rating.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-Mean-Well-130W-AC-DC-Long-Life-Single-Output-Switching-Power-Supply-RS-150-5-/380688863068?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item58a2d30f5c

this one did around 30 sticks.

I read something about  120gh the max on 1 program it is in the antminer notes  if that is the case 2 49 port hubs with 30 sticks each would be the max for your pc.

donator
Interested in this... Anyone running a full hub with these yet?

well 37 out of 49 on the 49 port hubs. these sticks use less power then the old asic miner sticks. I can do a 2 gh over clock with ease. very stable number.

going to 2.2gh is a bit less stable I can do 11 sticks on a pair of 10 port usb 3.0 hubs.   these same hubs will do 18 sticks at 2.0 gh

So I am thinking the sweet spot is the 2.0 over clock .  I am going to bank a little coin for a week or so and then get 20  more from canary

what do you think about using a 5V non ATX PSU wired into an ATX plug? For the life of me, I can't remember it's name or model number... but they look like HP server power supplies but with terminals.  Also they are not expensive as compared to ATX PSUs.  I think they can also deliver 30/40/50+ amps on 5V?  or would it not work due to USB 2.0 hub limitations?
legendary

well 37 out of 49 on the 49 port hubs. these sticks use less power then the old asic miner sticks. I can do a 2 gh over clock with ease. very stable number.

going to 2.2gh is a bit less stable I can do 11 sticks on a pair of 10 port usb 3.0 hubs.   these same hubs will do 18 sticks at 2.0 gh

So I am thinking the sweet spot is the 2.0 over clock .  I am going to bank a little coin for a week or so and then get 20  more from canary
donator
Today's orders have shipped out.  Thanks!!
donator
I'm pretty sure they are.  as long as the hub can power each port adequately it should have no issues.

Here's a good list of tested hubs: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/which-usb-hub-to-use-with-block-erupters-nanofury-nf1-bpmc-red-fury-ant-u1-253749
Activity: 388
Merit: 250
legendary
Activity: 1081
Merit: 1001

I would sell your AMs you can get $30 a piece for them and use those slots for Antminer U1's. Your going to get with no problem close to 2.0 GH/s. That's about 6 AM BE's.  Selling 3 BEs you should get about $90 on eBay you can turn around with that $90 and buy 1 U1.  1GH/s vs 2GH/s and 2 freed USB slots.

If you take a look at 10 I have running currently you will see how much more efficient use of your usb slots. Hell, your probably close to what you get with a unmodified Blue Fury at WAY less cost!
I just took this screenshot its been running a little more then 24 hrs

no you can run cgminer and run bfgminer at the same time.  In fact as I type I am running 1 version of cgminer for LTC 1 version for the antminer sticks and 1 version of bfgminer for ice fury= kind of like a blue fury.

Do your self a favor sell all your .333gh asic miner sticks on ebay today.  then use the money to buy these sticks..  I am running 36 sticks on a 49 port hub with a simple overclock to 2.gh  I get 72gh and use less power then 36 am sticks that you have.  and 36 am sticks would only hash 12gh.  get rid of them before people figure out they are terrible compared to these sticks.

Thanks for the input, guys.
Activity: 272
Merit: 250
I just want to say thank you Canary.

You have truly remarkable service. I've been purchasing from you for 6 month and I never, I'd like to put an emphasis on it - NEVER had any issues. You are incredible solid vendor, being honest and upfront with your customers. There is a very few vendors I can make that statement about.
Today I gave you a tip for a first time. I feel great about that.

Thank you!
donator
shipping out orders up to now... any orders placed today before 5 PM CST, should go out today as well.
Thanks!
Activity: 504
Merit: 500
do these come in different colors also?

Ya, Im pretty sure Antminer is Asicminer

yea i thought so....    now if they put those 1.6ghs chips in the cubes.....  they might have something!
Activity: 728
Merit: 503
dApps Development Automation Platform

Ya, Im pretty sure Antminer is Asicminer
do these have a blinking light like the asicminer ones did?     

they have a red light that stays on and a small blinking green light

TY

they have a red light that stays on and a small blinking green light

legendary
My current setup comprises a variety of miners (AM USB miner arrays, Blue Furies, BFL Single SC and Cubes) that are all mining off of BFGMiner.  I have never used CGMiner before.  If I get these AntMiner U1s at this point in time, will CGMiner and Zadig (I have no idea what it is or what it is for) conflict with my current setup?  It seems that the CGMiner setup is more complicated.  Should I just postpone my puchase and wait until BFGMiner supports them?

no you can run cgminer and run bfgminer at the same time.  In fact as I type I am running 1 version of cgminer for LTC 1 version for the antminer sticks and 1 version of bfgminer for ice fury= kind of like a blue fury.

Do your self a favor sell all your .333gh asic miner sticks on ebay today.  then use the money to buy these sticks..  I am running 36 sticks on a 49 port hub with a simple overclock to 2.gh  I get 72gh and use less power then 36 am sticks that you have.  and 36 am sticks would only hash 12gh.  get rid of them before people figure out they are terrible compared to these sticks.

My current setup comprises a variety of miners (AM USB miner arrays, Blue Furies, BFL Single SC and Cubes) that are all mining off of BFGMiner.  I have never used CGMiner before.  If I get these AntMiner U1s at this point in time, will CGMiner and Zadig (I have no idea what it is or what it is for) conflict with my current setup?  It seems that the CGMiner setup is more complicated.  Should I just postpone my puchase and wait until BFGMiner supports them?

I would sell your AMs you can get $30 a piece for them and use those slots for Antminer U1's. Your going to get with no problem close to 2.0 GH/s. That's about 6 AM BE's.  Selling 3 BEs you should get about $90 on eBay you can turn around with that $90 and buy 1 U1.  1GH/s vs 2GH/s and 2 freed USB slots.

If you take a look at 10 I have running currently you will see how much more efficient use of your usb slots. Hell, your probably close to what you get with a unmodified Blue Fury at WAY less cost!
I just took this screenshot its been running a little more then 24 hrs

legendary
Activity: 1081
Merit: 1001
Pages:
Jump to: