Pages:
Author

Topic: Paycoin (XPY) is scam - page 21. (Read 79551 times)

legendary
Activity: 1764
Merit: 1000
January 19, 2015, 08:36:32 PM
https://twitter.com/vinnylingham/status/556682631941615616

Gyft calls Paybase/Paycoin "rubbish" and is only using BTC!

So how does Payflash work ?

paybase/paycoin/gaw is 100% scam in every way
it's a matter of when the court date is announced for josh/xpy subpoena
it's just too many illegal activities practiced/practicing going on with gaw/paycoin/paybase
he's also using walmart/amazon/target logos illegally

https://coinfire.cf/2015/01/19/sec-investigation-of-gaw-miners-underway/

i already told you all about this seen the beginning, from business/corporation perspective josh have broke so many rules and he will going to jail for this. first rule that come to my mind is no license(illegal transmit of money/money laundering/so on), and he have broke ton of them and this is serious.
Activity: 806
Merit: 250
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
legendary
Activity: 3654
Merit: 8909
https://bpip.org
January 18, 2015, 04:34:40 PM
in that case may be it's not a scam. Can't blame them for failing at something that has never been done before. At least they're dedicated to make it work. Price of XPY returned to normal very quickly after that crash and only few people could take advantage of it because it happened too fast.

May be he chew more than he could swallow but overall I don't think it's going in other direction. Look at the price chart from day 1..no major change except normal p&d that happens to every crypto. Most other crypto can't even survive more than a week after they reach highest volume. XPY has had top volume in all major exchange since day 1 even after price crashed and people dumped.

When BTC was crashing..XPY was one of the coin that didn't get affected at all.

We must be looking at different charts. It's below $3 now. It was >$10 a couple of weeks ago. Most "news" coming out of GAW these days seems to have a negative effect on the price. XPY has gone down against Bitcoin, and with bitcoin going down against dollar, XPY is down against dollar even more. Don't forget that the price between "day 1" and Paybase launch was based on the false promise of $20.

Gift card sales have been done before. GAW is simply a Gyft reseller.
legendary
Activity: 1162
January 18, 2015, 04:17:41 PM
First, price should go gradually and substantially up as we approach Feb 1st.

Second, I don't believe Garza would risk everything and long time jail scamming people with paycoin. It simply doesn't add up to me...

Of course I've been wrong before...

Why would Karples rob his own exchange and risk jail time and even his life?

Because he could.

Very poor comparison.  Karpeles did whatever it's he did because he could get away with it. ..and, to this day,  he has;  Garza, on the other hand,  cannot get away from this if it's a scam. It's ruin and jail..or at least jail. Not the same situation at all.

Deleting posts is dreadful,  yes. But, regardless what paycoin ends up being,  he's a paranoid individual obviously.
legendary
Activity: 2114
Merit: 1040
A Great Time to Start Something!
January 18, 2015, 04:09:00 PM

Second, I don't believe Garza would risk everything and long time jail scamming people with paycoin. It simply doesn't add up to me...

Deleting important posts from their forum makes them look guilty.
Activity: 285
Merit: 255
January 18, 2015, 03:46:01 PM

Activity: 1540
Merit: 500
January 18, 2015, 03:26:18 PM
If it's a scam it's very well planned scam I've ever seen in crypto.  Grin

Seeing latest events it looks like planning isn't their strongest skill.

Let's recap:

1) release untested feature
2) crash their own market
3) halt and reverse trades
4) bail from the conference

Looking at the XPY price chart it seems like it's going in the opposite direction from the $20.

in that case may be it's not a scam. Can't blame them for failing at something that has never been done before. At least they're dedicated to make it work. Price of XPY returned to normal very quickly after that crash and only few people could take advantage of it because it happened too fast.

May be he chew more than he could swallow but overall I don't think it's going in other direction. Look at the price chart from day 1..no major change except normal p&d that happens to every crypto. Most other crypto can't even survive more than a week after they reach highest volume. XPY has had top volume in all major exchange since day 1 even after price crashed and people dumped.

When BTC was crashing..XPY was one of the coin that didn't get affected at all.

legendary
January 18, 2015, 03:07:51 PM
If it's a scam it's very well planned scam I've ever seen in crypto.  Grin

Seeing latest events it looks like planning isn't their strongest skill.

Let's recap:

1) release untested feature
2) crash their own market
3) halt and reverse trades
4) bail from the conference

Looking at the XPY price chart it seems like it's going in the opposite direction from the $20.
January 18, 2015, 02:50:32 PM
You don't know how many xpy gaw holds. lol

If there are only $100k worth of xpy floating in the market and 5% of people decides to sell. Gaw only needs $5k to buy them back. No one is stupid enough to claim they'll buy back your $5 coin for $20 when there is no benefit for them.

Also, $100k is minimum. They haven't told anyone maximum yet.

$20 was also the minimum. Look how well that worked out.

technically it's impossible to keep any coin at $20. I guess they learned it hard way.

Buying back for $20 isn't impossible thing to do specially if you own 90% of those coins. Buying back can benefit him in short/long term whether he is trying to take it to next level or even if he is trying to make more money from this. Once people see that he is buying it for $20 you'll see exchange fill up with people buying XPY so they can sell it to him for $20. He can dump all his coins on their head and say hasta la vista bitches.  Grin

If it's a scam it's very well planned scam I've ever seen in crypto.  Grin

legendary
January 18, 2015, 01:50:18 PM
You don't know how many xpy gaw holds. lol

If there are only $100k worth of xpy floating in the market and 5% of people decides to sell. Gaw only needs $5k to buy them back. No one is stupid enough to claim they'll buy back your $5 coin for $20 when there is no benefit for them.

Also, $100k is minimum. They haven't told anyone maximum yet.

$20 was also the minimum. Look how well that worked out.

That's not how markets work. Any future expectations are already priced into the markets today. And the coin trading at ~$3 shows the value of the "honor program".
legendary
Activity: 868
Merit: 1058
Creator of Nexus http://nexus.io
January 18, 2015, 01:00:49 PM
Lol  Smiley
Activity: 182
Merit: 100
January 18, 2015, 12:59:59 PM
Good coin to watch and laugh, for when your bored Smiley
Activity: 806
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
January 18, 2015, 12:27:42 PM
So the two threads on hashtalk from 10 or so users complaining they couldn't make withdrawals have been deleted. Shock horror eh!

Anyway, it looks like everytime you want to withdraw funds you will have to raise a ticket with the support desk. Hmm, funny how they can only fix a supposed issue one at a time.

Could it be that this in place to stop a run? Perhaps someone is getting a bit shaky.

legendary
Activity: 1246
January 18, 2015, 11:48:15 AM

Why would Karples rob his own exchange and risk jail time and even his life?

Because he could.
legendary
January 18, 2015, 11:21:23 AM
The problem of last night's crash.

People got paycoins, in massive amounts,  for as low as 2 cents of a dollar.  How massive?  Possibly up to 2,000 BTC worth of paycoin. Of course most of it was purchased at much higher prices.  But also most of it at prices less than 1/3 the current "rebounded" one. So a lot of people is sitting on massive profits on thousands of paycoins.

Interesting situation for many have already booked the profits but many remain more than willing to collect them in the near future thus creating a significant sell pressure.

And that IS a problem. ..holding the price down. What will be the reaction to Garza's Q&A session in Miami?  Answer in about 3 hours.
Activity: 448
January 18, 2015, 09:37:44 AM
Activity: 278
January 18, 2015, 08:35:07 AM
just a copy & paste coin like the last few coins that hit the market.
January 18, 2015, 07:14:36 AM
This is what a centralized currency looks like. Transaction reversals and the ability for a for profit business to take your funds that you purchased.

The usual:

It looks like my transactions were reversed.

WHAT!!! WHERE DID MY COINS GO?Huh NOW I CANT EVEN BUY ANY BACK!

Paybase Back and guess what XPY GONE ! where my BTC ? XPY at 1$ right now and cant buy yeah right Thanks

LOL I HAVE A NEGATIVE BALANCE!

Welcome to GAW exchange.

Edit:

https://hashtalk.org/topic/29491

Scroll to the end for the latest news on the clusterfuck.

Gyft denying involvement with Paycoin.... hmmm is this going to end up the same as the Stripe fiasco?

Mike Johnson ‏@MJohnsonBTC 2h2 hours ago

Upon learning @gyft has teamed up with PayBase I have decided to never ever ever ever use Gyft again. Been super loyal to it as well.

Vinny Lingham ‏@VinnyLingham

@MJohnsonBTC @gyft and where did you hear that rumour from? It's rubbish! 100% BTC

it gets better and better.  Grin

I wonder why they haven't filed a lawsuit yet.
Activity: 658
Merit: 501
January 18, 2015, 07:03:55 AM
Gyft denying involvement with Paycoin.... hmmm is this going to end up the same as the Stripe fiasco?

Mike Johnson ‏@MJohnsonBTC 2h2 hours ago

Upon learning @gyft has teamed up with PayBase I have decided to never ever ever ever use Gyft again. Been super loyal to it as well.

Vinny Lingham ‏@VinnyLingham

@MJohnsonBTC @gyft and where did you hear that rumour from? It's rubbish! 100% BTC

legendary
January 18, 2015, 06:01:43 AM
 And then there is the BTC variable: it could rebound significantly between now and pay time.  It should as a matter of fact. Getting to a valuation of $20 could potentially not be a very difficult thing.

It's going to be interesting that's for sure.
Pages:
Jump to: