Pages:
Author

Topic: Paying house rent with bitcoin is it appropriate? - page 7. (Read 1286 times)

Activity: 1232
Merit: 390
★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!
If Bitcoin is used as money and treated as money, that presupposes active exchange of Bitcoin for goods and services. So paying the rent with Bitcoin makes sense from this perspective, and there's nothing bad about it. I think I'd be down to pay my rent in Bitcoin if it was accepted, but it's not, so I use fiat for that. Allowing monthly rent to be paid in Bitcoin can be a step toward accepting Bitcoin as legal tender in Argentina. It makes people more used to the idea of Bitcoin as a type of money, and it's beneficial for landlords if not tenants. Actually, it can be good for tenants, too, if it motivates them to adopt Bitcoin wider and to accumulate it regularly, instead of doing that with fiat.
Bitcoin is getting more popular day by day and Bitcoin is being used in different places so if Bitcoin can be used as house rent then it will be much better.  This can be a very good offer to those who use Bitcoin and are associated with Bitcoin.  If Bitcoin can be used everywhere like money, including house rent, then creating Bitcoin will be worthwhile.  Because Bitcoin was created to be used as an alternative to money.  And Bitcoin is moving in that direction day by day
legendary
Activity: 2310
Merit: 1076
zknodes.org
I don't think using bitcoin to pay rent or using it for any other business will help reduce world inflation. As long as fiat currencies remain the world's primary currency and primary yardstick, bitcoin will not be able to change inflation. It can be said that Bitcoin is a hedge against inflation, but it will be useful for bitcoin owners. Bitcoin cannot change the world's general inflation situation. Inflation is a huge problem and many factors are needed to control them, not just using bitcoin to easily solve inflation.
Bitcoin is only a digital currency that is currently used optionally, as legal payment for countries that adopt it and has become a commodity currency in several countries that do not provide full regulation. Overcoming the problem of world inflation certainly cannot be done with Bitcoin alone, it is a big and complex problem so Bitcoin is not the only solution. There are indeed various factors that influence it.
Activity: 266
Merit: 217
It is not a bad idea to purchase good things with with but with will only be a bad idea if someone sold his or her house to buy Bitcoin, why? Because a day might come when the price of Bitcoin will reduce and if the person that sold gis or her house to buy do not have the mind of holding he will rish and sell them thinking that Bitcoin will not rise again or it will take enough timr for it to increase (but that's wrong).
No matter what, Bitcoin will still be used some day, because as everyone is putting in their mind for profits, they will definitely sell their coins some day, but the important thing is for them to use it and do something good like putting it in any business and gaining some assets.
Activity: 798
Merit: 547
Leo is resting.
How then do you think that Bitcoin will get massive adoption if it can't be used to sort out bills just like fiat? There's nothing bad in using Bitcoin to pay any kind of bill hence the transaction is done with someone who accepts Bitcoin and the amount to be sent in Bitcoin is also well negotiated. For someone who's a Bitcoin holder, using some Bitcoin to pay bills doesn't affect you since the price of Bitcoin is not using stable and buying Bitcoin can be done anywhere, anytime without any form of trouble, personally I will be glad to pay my house rent with Bitcoin but I will also consider the transaction fees before doing accepting to pay with Bitcoin.
Activity: 910
Merit: 875
Not Your Keys, Not Your Bitcoin
Glancing through the article https://cointelegraph.com/news/bitcoin-rent-agreement-argentina-landlord-tenant one would conclude adoption is striving in Argentina. Paying for a house with bitcoin sounds to me a mistake or lack of financial knowledge. Bitcoin is better than Fiat. Bitcoin increases in value and fiat faces inflation. Why then would one spend Bitcoin instead of fiat on a house rent which may expire in few years? Accommodating the Bitcoin can birth the person more money to pay his next house rent. But fiat wouldn't add any interest in the bank. Moreover the house owner will not hold the Bitcoin.

If the owner pay with Bitcoin, I don't see anything wrong with that because what's the use of holding Bitcoin when you have the need for financial responsibility and you have big Bitcoin that you have bought some years ago? Sell the amount you want to sell for that time and hold the rest. The only person that will benefit here is the landlord that get paid in Bitcoin but only if he hold the Bitcoin. Some will sell and use the money for other bills because these landlords are into real estate to feed their own families from the investments.

However, if you have other means like other means of income, then I don't see any reason why you must sell your Bitcoin, you are enriching the owner of the house and you also jeopardize your privacy because paying with Bitcoin means you are disclosing that you owned Bitcoin and source of your wallet might be the next thing to target except if you are sending from the exchange but it's better not to let people know that you own Bitcoin for your own security purpose.
Activity: 784
Merit: 732
Paying house rent with Bitcoin or with fiat or with other things is actually not a problem. It's different again about saving bitcoin vs saving fiat. But paying with bitcoin vs paying with fiat I don't think this is anything to debate too seriously. Because paying is short term. Meanwhile, being a Hodler or saver is long term.

But if we buy bitcoin at a high price and we require a high fee in payment transactions which makes rental payments actually more expensive than using fiat then this is something we have to think about. But sometimes many people want to try the sensation of paying in the real world with Bitcoin, regardless of fees or whatever. Because the goal is the sensation and experience itself. And this experience can sometimes be quite a pleasant moment. Or if someone has no fiat and only has bitcoins in their wallet. So it will indeed be more economical if he pays directly with bitcoin rather than having to first transfer to an exchange and then exchange it for fiat and withdraw the fiat via p2p or with normal withdrawals which of course require other fees. Well, in those conditions it would be better to pay directly with bitcoin (if I were in that position). So the bottom line is that everything can be judged as good or bad depending on the situation and position you are facing.
legendary
Activity: 3234
Merit: 2420
It is not really different than paying in USD. Like you said, the landlord can convert his coins into USD any time he wants in the end. Bitcoin is better than FIAT when it comes to preserving value but it is not as good as FIAT when it comes to the transaction fees. If I were the tenant, I wouldn't waste money on the tx fees... Instead I would pay in USD because it is much cheaper (often free). If the landlord has no interest in btc, just pay him FIAT. Everybody will be happy. Remember: FIAT is better for spending, btc is better for hodling. You keep btc, spend FIAT.
Activity: 1638
Merit: 425
Cashback 15%
Glancing through the article https://cointelegraph.com/news/bitcoin-rent-agreement-argentina-landlord-tenant one would conclude adoption is striving in Argentina. Paying for a house with bitcoin sounds to me a mistake or lack of financial knowledge. Bitcoin is better than Fiat. Bitcoin increases in value and fiat faces inflation. Why then would one spend Bitcoin instead of fiat on a house rent which may expire in few years? Accommodating the Bitcoin can birth the person more money to pay his next house rent. But fiat wouldn't add any interest in the bank. Moreover the house owner will not hold the Bitcoin.

I mean if you're going to look at Bitcoin we know that Bitcoin is just digital money so it would probably make sense to use it as a payment method probably for sure, it's probably going to be a good thing since Bitcoin is being used as what it is. On the other hand, it's for sure a good move for the landlord to accept Bitcoin as a payment, for sure is probably an investor already because he's interested in accepting Bitcoin as a payment, and for the payer, it might not be a good idea in the long run since we are all accumulating Bitcoin but probably if your investing all of your money in Bitcoin might as well you can just use Bitcoin in all of your payments etc.

You can really say that it is a bad move for someone who is going to use Bitcoin as payment, I mean you dont really know what is her situation so we can't really assume anything, For sure if the owner is going to accept Bitcoin as a payment we can easily assume that he is as well going to hold it and not just gonna sell it, because accepting Bitcoin as a payment method means your investing it as well, if he's just going to sell it would be a big lose for sure because the market is just so volatile.
legendary
Activity: 1722
Merit: 5937
Bitcoin is better than Fiat. Bitcoin increases in value and fiat faces inflation. Why then would one spend Bitcoin instead of fiat on a house rent which may expire in few years?
Because bitcoin is money, plain and simple. I don't see a problem using bitcoin for its (initially) intended purpose, especially if you bought bitcoin for much lower price and using it when price goes up xyz times.

In my early crypto days I used to think about times when I sold my bitcoin for the price that is much lower than that moment, but at one point I simply stopped thinking like that and I have no problems spending some bitcoin when/if I need. After all, if everyone just kept holding bitcoin and not spending, noone of us would ever heard about bitcoin.

Activity: 770
Merit: 180
Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!
For you it may sound like a bad idea because of so many reasons which you think it is not good for you to spend such a large amount of Bitcoin to house rent but this person he knows the reason why he decided to spent bitcoin for rent best to him. I don't think spending bitcoin on house rent is wrong,  bitcoin is money that can be spent, it is not just for hodling .

I know this is the period of hodling Bitcoin against the coming bull market but if one still have much of it to spend it, then it is not a bad idea to spend bitcoin.  In some countries bitcoin have been accepted as cash which people can spend it just the way fiat is spent.  Bitcoin is money and everyone will decide what to spend his/her money on. Since bitcoin is money, you know money is meant to be spent, this is one of the purpose of having money.
The use of BTC for payments and transactions is not a new thing. Businesses in most countries accept BTC payments and individuals may request their bosses to pay them their salary in BTC.
I am not just exaggerating, I have read countless of stories here on how individuals got to accept BTC payments for their business and am very sure real estate business ranks among businesses that can and should allow BTC payments since it may incur less fees than what the bank would offer.

It depends on if the house owner also decides to accept the rent payment in BTC and also if it is a legal tender or it is not banned in total by the government in that country or region. So it would be necessary to ask first before concluding on the payment option of cryptocurrency.

More than just waiting to trade and make profits from BTC investments mostly as new events are unfolding like the ETF just being approved and the halving to happen, is the choice to either HoDL, spend, diversify, convert to other trading pairs or simply just accumulate. Everyone has a choice of right to do as they deem fit with their crypto holdings.
Activity: 504
Merit: 198
My privacy, my right.
You won't hold bitcoin forever for at some point you would have to spend it and yours may not be for house rent but something also important as rent fee. Moreover bitcoin can be use as a measure of exchange so why shouldn't it be used for the payment of goods and services, it should be known to some of us who don't know, that, bitcoin wasn't created mainly for hodling only in making profit from it, the P2P use of bitcoin was made to kill the influence of the need for a middleman and by virtue of bitcoin being divisible it therefore mean it was also meant for payments in buying and selling of goods and services in as much as the two parties agrees to make use of it instead of fiat.
Activity: 966
Merit: 573
God is great
For you it may sound like a bad idea because of so many reasons which you think it is not good for you to spend such a large amount of Bitcoin to house rent but this person he knows the reason why he decided to spent bitcoin for rent best to him. I don't think spending bitcoin on house rent is wrong,  bitcoin is money that can be spent, it is not just for hodling .

I know this is the period of hodling Bitcoin against the coming bull market but if one still have much of it to spend it, then it is not a bad idea to spend bitcoin.  In some countries bitcoin have been accepted as cash which people can spend it just the way fiat is spent.  Bitcoin is money and everyone will decide what to spend his/her money on. Since bitcoin is money, you know money is meant to be spent, this is one of the purpose of having money.
legendary
Activity: 1750
Merit: 1094
Assalamu Alekum

Renting houses through Bitcoin is undoubtedly a groundbreaking step and such a step plays an important role in Bitcoin adaptation in the world. As Bitcoin has many benefits, especially money inflation, but if Bitcoin is used as payment for rent or any other business, then deflation can be mitigated.will be But slowly, people all over the world will do house buying and selling, house renting, car buying and renting activities etc. in exchange of bitcoins. Since Bitcoin works against inflation, Bitcoin picks up where fiat fails.
I don't think using bitcoin to pay rent or using it for any other business will help reduce world inflation. As long as fiat currencies remain the world's primary currency and primary yardstick, bitcoin will not be able to change inflation. It can be said that Bitcoin is a hedge against inflation, but it will be useful for bitcoin owners. Bitcoin cannot change the world's general inflation situation. Inflation is a huge problem and many factors are needed to control them, not just using bitcoin to easily solve inflation.
Activity: 322
Merit: 124

Renting houses through Bitcoin is undoubtedly a groundbreaking step and such a step plays an important role in Bitcoin adaptation in the world. As Bitcoin has many benefits, especially money inflation, but if Bitcoin is used as payment for rent or any other business, then deflation can be mitigated.will be But slowly, people all over the world will do house buying and selling, house renting, car buying and renting activities etc. in exchange of bitcoins. Since Bitcoin works against inflation, Bitcoin picks up where fiat fails.
Activity: 2436
Merit: 324
Using Bitcoin for rent means you're betting on its value going up, which is cool if it does. But Bitcoin can be volatile, so it's a bit like a financial rollercoaster. But regular money is more stable, even if it doesn't grow in value. It's all about your comfort level with risk and how you want to play the money game.
The comfort level will be the deciding factor for people to use Bitcoin as a means of payment or continue to use fiat. People will use it if they can get a discount when they use Bitcoin. But if Bitcoin transaction fees rise as high as before, people may still prefer fiat.

It all depends on what makes them comfortable. Apart from that, there is no compulsion to use Bitcoin as a means of payment if a country already allows Bitcoin. People will choose it based on the comfort they get.

But if people use Bitcoin as an investment and still use fiat to pay for their daily needs, that's fine too. At least people have something to use for their future. They can also save Bitcoin as an investment. And people would prefer to use Bitcoin as a means of payment.
Comfort and convenience on which it would really be that a determining factor because not all would really be that too confident on making use of their coins which they do know that it could bring out possible
profits in the future.This is why on the time that you would be seeing that you arent that able to pay up fiat but you do have some crypto and sees out that its available into their options then you would really be considering on paying it up through crypto on which it is really that a lifesaver on that case but just like on what other people been saying that people wont really be wasting up their coins on using it up on paying
something on which they could eventually make use of their fiat instead. Its the default and traditional and keeping your crypto for long term is much more better or something that i do prefer.
Activity: 2604
Merit: 816
🐺Spinarium.com🐺 - iGaming casino
Using Bitcoin for rent means you're betting on its value going up, which is cool if it does. But Bitcoin can be volatile, so it's a bit like a financial rollercoaster. But regular money is more stable, even if it doesn't grow in value. It's all about your comfort level with risk and how you want to play the money game.
The comfort level will be the deciding factor for people to use Bitcoin as a means of payment or continue to use fiat. People will use it if they can get a discount when they use Bitcoin. But if Bitcoin transaction fees rise as high as before, people may still prefer fiat.

It all depends on what makes them comfortable. Apart from that, there is no compulsion to use Bitcoin as a means of payment if a country already allows Bitcoin. People will choose it based on the comfort they get.

But if people use Bitcoin as an investment and still use fiat to pay for their daily needs, that's fine too. At least people have something to use for their future. They can also save Bitcoin as an investment. And people would prefer to use Bitcoin as a means of payment.
Activity: 103
Merit: 6

You have to understand that bitcoin is a money, it is a hard money. There is no problem of paying the house rent or a product using a hard currency and it ended up prompting others to do the same.
legendary
Activity: 3080
Merit: 1593
#1 VIP Crypto Casino
I would advise against paying rent with Bitcoin unless there is something that stipulates you must do it. Anybody who has been in Bitcoin long enough knows that over time it appreciates in value so paying rent with your precious Bitcoin isn’t a great idea. I am not here to criticise anybody else’s decisions but I would advise against it.
Activity: 658
Merit: 384
I don't know, but have you seen the new real estate projects in crypto space? They are all accepting crypto payments too, so I believe it's possible to pay rent with Bitcoin, unless the owner says no.

I won't blame the owner if they refuse, because some old people can't go right with Bitcoin yet, some won't want to anyway, so it's fine for them to accept anything else apart from Bitcoin, but if the owner is young they might already have a knowledge about Bitcoin or maybe already thinking about getting their hands on some Bitcoin.

Just ask first and wait for answers, it's possible or likely that you will get a no for an answer because merely thinking about it, I believe that many will prefer to accept Fiat instead, since this is the only currency that they are used to.
Activity: 1120
Merit: 158
★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!
Pages:
Jump to: