Pages:
Author

Topic: Paypal wants to accept BTC now?? - page 2. (Read 3594 times)

Activity: 109
Merit: 10
April 11, 2015, 09:01:40 AM
we want bitcoin to crash the paypal not to support it
if paypal accepting btc then btc is supporting them

Fuck yeah.  Paypal is the absolute worst, you get fees up the ass. 
Ebay is absolute garbage, you get fees and scammed up the ass. 
People complain about bitcoin, look at ebay's class action suit for sellers being scammed by ebay shit policy and support.
Screw paypal and ebay, create that openbazar shit or something already.

Paypal should and will die, it is expensive, offers dick in the way of protection, and was basically created to make ebay more money. 

I don't think it will die so fast, do you know what the people want? A simple and easy method of payment, and bitcoin is still not really "user-friendly" this is one of the various reasons why people don't join the bitcoin world. There are a lot of people that don't know how to use a computer (or surf on internet) and we want a mainstream adoption? How much years 'has' "this type of economic" (in comparison with cryptocurrency _ only 5-10 years).

I was not saying bitcoin is going to take over tomorrow.....just agreeing that paypal is absolute garbage and bitcoin is superior (to be fair I cant think of a payment method inferior to shitpal.)  Also ebay is the absolute worst service these days.

I fully agree. Everyone using Painpal (or even worse using Painpal to accept Bitcoin) must be considered an idiot. Bitcoin is superior in all aspects, most importantly staying in full control of your funds. Painpal will die.

However it's true that Bitcoin is not readily adopted by the masses because it is a new concept. But that will change with time. In fact, Bitcoin allows for even better usability than Painpal, because there is no registration / conversion overhead.[/u]

ya.ya.yo!

It is obvious that I'm thinking the same, why I'm here Grin? You should convince all your friend and relative to start use also bitcoin for their online/physical purchase, maybe with the use of a credit card like (advcash,neteller, etc..).

I jumped the gun on that and the one's I convinced are not happy lol (although one uses btc for gambling on occasion, but we won't go there.)

Keep this in mind, at my old job you would get a discount if you paid in full, and another one with an ach transfer.  People would constantly pay and full and use a credit card as opposed to the discount for the ach transfer due to getting rewards, that were greater than the  discount.  For bitcoin to be implemented to catch those crowds (the people that have money, or just the smarter general public) would have to give a discount that matches or is better than the money the customer saves.

Good for not needing cashier's checks or not having to wait for ach, but that is only if you already have bitcoin, or funds on an exchange to begin with. 
legendary
Activity: 1540
Merit: 1000
April 11, 2015, 08:30:20 AM
Stop posting this shit, it's paypal trying to get on the Bitcoin hype train again, until you see actual options in their normal accounts for accepting Bitcoin stop posting this crap up everywhere.

There is no bitcoin hype train at the moment. Paypal can hyper bitcoin to some extent to help its adoption.

They're deliberately posting this crap up to try and sucker people like you in, of course there's hype for Bitcoin otherwise they wouldn't be pulling this shit every month of every week.

I am in bitcoin not because of Paypal. Paypal is more established than bitcoin. Look at the price of bitcoin at the moment. I hope Paypal can help the adoption with its commercial power.

How much are they paying you to say that? Look obviously Bitcoin is a smaller market because of how young it is but the way people are trying to hype this up on the board every time a news story is posted makes me suspicious.
Activity: 434
Merit: 250
April 11, 2015, 08:14:11 AM
Stop posting this shit, it's paypal trying to get on the Bitcoin hype train again, until you see actual options in their normal accounts for accepting Bitcoin stop posting this crap up everywhere.

There is no bitcoin hype train at the moment. Paypal can hyper bitcoin to some extent to help its adoption.

They're deliberately posting this crap up to try and sucker people like you in, of course there's hype for Bitcoin otherwise they wouldn't be pulling this shit every month of every week.

I am in bitcoin not because of Paypal. Paypal is more established than bitcoin. Look at the price of bitcoin at the moment. I hope Paypal can help the adoption with its commercial power.
legendary
April 11, 2015, 08:12:02 AM

April 11, 2015, 08:09:08 AM

legendary
April 11, 2015, 08:03:37 AM
April 11, 2015, 08:03:04 AM
Why would someone use bitcoin through paypal, doesn't it have ridiculous fees? Something bitcoin was made to avoid.

Maybe for buyer's protection if Paypal can extract the coins from seller of goods. I wonder all the sellers who accept bitcoin would have to have fiat account as collateral.
Activity: 184
Merit: 100
Bitcoin FTW!
April 11, 2015, 08:01:23 AM
Agree heard about this couple times. Still theory, nothing existing in reality when it comes to payal with bitcoin
legendary
Activity: 3052
Merit: 1273
April 11, 2015, 07:56:02 AM
Seems to be unbelievable as have been waiting for this to happen, and for those who think fees will be much higher, I don't think that they might be charging anything more than miner's fee as we aren't using any card and sending BTC through wallets.

that is big news for paypal users so bitcoin going to be most demanding crypto currency after this adoption, well i am also waiting for this.

Just hope that this might not be the "blah-blah only" talks and must turn into reality in no time, so to give BTC its true value.
Activity: 602
Merit: 500
April 11, 2015, 07:51:09 AM

As long as its a gateway to accept bitcoin payments with no conversions,which is already what we're doing,
but whats the purpose of paypal here,there goes the privacy,the anonimity,more verifications,more fees,more bueracracy witholding payments..etc
legendary
Activity: 1050
April 11, 2015, 07:48:13 AM
Seems to be unbelievable as have been waiting for this to happen, and for those who think fees will be much higher, I don't think that they might be charging anything more than miner's fee as we aren't using any card and sending BTC through wallets.

that is big news for paypal users so bitcoin going to be most demanding crypto currency after this adoption, well i am also waiting for this.
legendary
Activity: 3052
Merit: 1273
April 11, 2015, 07:36:51 AM
legendary
Activity: 1778
Merit: 1043
#Free market
April 11, 2015, 07:33:18 AM

People complain about bitcoin, look at ebay's class action suit for sellers being scammed by ebay shit policy and support.

Paypal should and will die, it is expensive, offers dick in the way of protection, and was basically created to make ebay more money. 

I don't think it will die so fast, do you know what the people want? A simple and easy method of payment, and bitcoin is still not really "user-friendly" this is one of the various reasons why people don't join the bitcoin world. There are a lot of people that don't know how to use a computer (or surf on internet) and we want a mainstream adoption? How much years 'has' "this type of economic" (in comparison with cryptocurrency _ only 5-10 years).

I was not saying bitcoin is going to take over tomorrow.....just agreeing that paypal is absolute garbage and bitcoin is superior (to be fair I cant think of a payment method inferior to shitpal.)  Also ebay is the absolute worst service these days.

I fully agree. Everyone using Painpal (or even worse using Painpal to accept Bitcoin) must be considered an idiot. Bitcoin is superior in all aspects, most importantly staying in full control of your funds. Painpal will die.

However it's true that Bitcoin is not readily adopted by the masses because it is a new concept. But that will change with time. In fact, Bitcoin allows for even better usability than Painpal, because there is no registration / conversion overhead.[/u]

ya.ya.yo!

It is obvious that I'm thinking the same, why I'm here Grin? You should convince all your friend and relative to start use also bitcoin for their online/physical purchase, maybe with the use of a credit card like (advcash,neteller, etc..).
legendary
Activity: 1806
Merit: 1024
April 11, 2015, 07:31:03 AM

However it's true that Bitcoin is not readily adopted by the masses because it is a new concept. But that will change with time. In fact, Bitcoin allows for even better usability than Painpal, because there is no registration / conversion overhead.

ya.ya.yo!
legendary
#Free market
April 11, 2015, 07:30:46 AM
Why would someone use bitcoin through paypal, doesn't it have ridiculous fees? Something bitcoin was made to avoid.

It's not about the fees and use, it's about adoption I guess... Wink

Yes obviously it is only an adoption purpose, there are a lot of merchant oon ebay and other online store that are accepting paypal as method of payment. Maybe if paypal will (really) add it as other option (the fee will otherwise be very low 'respect their actual fees') and the people will start to use 'bitcoin'.
legendary
Activity: 1246
!!! RiSe aBovE ThE StoRm !!!
April 11, 2015, 07:28:54 AM

It's not about the fees and use, it's about adoption I guess... Wink
legendary
Activity: 2044
Merit: 1008
April 11, 2015, 07:27:22 AM
Activity: 109
Merit: 10
April 11, 2015, 07:16:35 AM

legendary
#Free market
April 11, 2015, 07:02:07 AM

tyz
legendary
Activity: 3360
Merit: 1533
April 11, 2015, 06:59:18 AM
Right step ahead. But as I read some weeks ago is that Paypal will not offer buyer protection for Bitcoin payments. So, it's still a risky thing to buy/sell Bitcoins using Paypal.

Pages:
Jump to: