Pages:
Author

Topic: Paypal wants to accept BTC now?? - page 3. (Read 3594 times)

Activity: 109
Merit: 10
April 11, 2015, 06:56:18 AM
we want bitcoin to crash the paypal not to support it
if paypal accepting btc then btc is supporting them

Fuck yeah.  Paypal is the absolute worst, you get fees up the ass. 
Ebay is absolute garbage, you get fees and scammed up the ass. 
People complain about bitcoin, look at ebay's class action suit for sellers being scammed by ebay shit policy and support.
Screw paypal and ebay, create that openbazar shit or something already.

Paypal should and will die, it is expensive, offers dick in the way of protection, and was basically created to make ebay more money. 
legendary
Activity: 896
Merit: 1000
April 11, 2015, 06:22:13 AM
PayPal will never start to use bitcoin, maybe not for all the purchase because it is so easy make a chargeback and all we know bitcoin and reversibility can't coexist because it is impossible to reverse a payment (I'm not talking about double-spend). What do you think between ETF and PayPal? Will these news push-up the price (because a lot if people will start to buy more bitcoin)? Or not?

Paypal.com itself may not start accepting Bitcoin, but Paypal the company created (? or acquired?) https://www.braintreepayments.com to give merchants the ability to accept Bitcoin.

Thanks for the link, I didn't know that site before now! It seems interesting, in bottom page there is written :

© 2008-2015 Braintree, a division of PayPal, Inc. All rights reserved. Italy Privacy Policy | Legal | Trademarks

So I think they "are" test"ing" bitcoin as method of payment (and not as only speculation) before add it to the real paypal site (as option). We will see what will happen (but I am not optimistic).

i think it won't lead to much optimism by many people. there have been several articles about this subject and still nothing actually has happened. it's more a fantasy right now.
legendary
Activity: 1778
Merit: 1043
#Free market
April 11, 2015, 05:49:18 AM
PayPal will never start to use bitcoin, maybe not for all the purchase because it is so easy make a chargeback and all we know bitcoin and reversibility can't coexist because it is impossible to reverse a payment (I'm not talking about double-spend). What do you think between ETF and PayPal? Will these news push-up the price (because a lot if people will start to buy more bitcoin)? Or not?

Paypal.com itself may not start accepting Bitcoin, but Paypal the company created (? or acquired?) https://www.braintreepayments.com to give merchants the ability to accept Bitcoin.

Thanks for the link, I didn't know that site before now! It seems interesting, in bottom page there is written :

© 2008-2015 Braintree, a division of PayPal, Inc. All rights reserved. Italy Privacy Policy | Legal | Trademarks

So I think they "are" test"ing" bitcoin as method of payment (and not as only speculation) before add it to the real paypal site (as option). We will see what will happen (but I am not optimistic).
Activity: 587
Merit: 500
April 11, 2015, 05:14:08 AM
Been doing the rounds for a while now. Sure merchants have been able to accept these for some time?

Correct me if I'm wrong, it happens  Roll Eyes
Activity: 798
Merit: 1000
LIR Dev. www.letitride.io
April 11, 2015, 05:04:56 AM
Well they keep talking the talk, if they do end up accepting btc maybe they'll return the $1000's stolen from me by their chargeback system Wink

I wont be holding my breath....
Activity: 24
Merit: 0
April 11, 2015, 04:57:55 AM
its like fire and ice....if paypal starts accepting btc then either btc will destroyed or paypal will collaps
Neither will happen IMO , both will coexist. Bitcoin can't be destroyed its decentralized, none controls it if paypal was intending to destroy Bitcoin they would just acquire it and then destroy it. But wait its decentralized so they can't really do that.

Bitcoin really isn't going to destroy Paypal or vice versa. After all there will always be a need for payment processors. Worst comes to worst they can just become a competitor to bitpay and coinbase etc.
Activity: 434
Merit: 250
April 11, 2015, 04:34:06 AM
most of the members are waiting for it to paypal accept bitcoin as payment method but in near future it loooking impossible that is going to happen.

This is going to happen. Payza s already on board, Paypal s next. However, I think the right way of thinking is when BTC s going to replace Paypal and not when Paypal s going to accept BTC.

Bitcoin will not replace Paypal. Bitcoin is just a kind of money used through Paypal or coinbase. Visa or Master will also embrace bitcoin in the future.
Activity: 490
April 11, 2015, 03:41:10 AM
its like fire and ice....if paypal starts accepting btc then either btc will destroyed or paypal will collaps
Neither will happen IMO , both will coexist. Bitcoin can't be destroyed its decentralized, none controls it if paypal was intending to destroy Bitcoin they would just acquire it and then destroy it. But wait its decentralized so they can't really do that.
Activity: 154
Merit: 100
April 11, 2015, 03:37:17 AM
Activity: 448
April 11, 2015, 03:13:58 AM
we want bitcoin to crash the paypal not to support it
if paypal accepting btc then btc is supporting them
Activity: 112
Merit: 10
April 11, 2015, 03:11:49 AM
It will happen. 

We all want full btc integration sooner rather than later, but it is happening.
Q7
April 11, 2015, 03:09:31 AM
I thought they already have that in place by putting braintreepayments in-charged of processing the payments on behalf of the merchants. That was probably like months ago, so I was wondering what's the difference with this one?
Activity: 490
April 11, 2015, 02:42:24 AM
IMO paypal should implement a bitcoin wallet to each paypal account. Instead of a bitpay version where btc is converted to usd wich causes a strong sell support . Paypal should really be carefull on how they will execute this.
legendary
Activity: 3976
Merit: 1421
Life, Love and Laughter...
April 11, 2015, 02:28:23 AM
I think this is bad for now, especially with BTC's price going lower.  Who would want to hold a falling currency?  They might sell it right away for USD making the price fall even further.
legendary
Activity: 3976
Merit: 1421
Life, Love and Laughter...
April 11, 2015, 02:24:30 AM

legendary
Activity: 1778
Merit: 1043
#Free market
April 11, 2015, 02:09:53 AM
April 11, 2015, 01:23:54 AM
This has been coming up a lot for the past 3 years.
I think it's Paypals way of going "Oh yeah we'll get to it eventually"
Hoping that Bitcoin doesn't take over Paypal.
legendary
Activity: 2870
Merit: 7490
Crypto Swap Exchange
April 11, 2015, 01:19:29 AM
It's stupid to use bitcoin with paypal
You'll lose your privacy & paypal control over your bitcoin

And, top of that. You need to verify & do a lot of things which required a lot of time Angry
Coinbase & bitPay still better
Activity: 154
Merit: 100
April 11, 2015, 12:37:20 AM
paypal is not safe for bitcoin because they has the transaction reverse facility so they can be harmful for the trading
Activity: 37
Merit: 0
Pages:
Jump to: