Pages:
Author

Topic: PBmining - legit? - page 37. (Read 67909 times)

Activity: 1
Merit: 0
March 13, 2014, 03:20:05 AM
I am/was cloudmining through a number of different rigs. I started with cloudhashing.com before Christmas, invested with Butterfly Labs soon after, added CEX.IO to my portfolio, am dabbling with Dogecoin mining and accidentally found PB mining some weeks ago. Oh and by the way I also lost upwards of 13BTC in Mt Gox. So I have a bit of experience in the field. I can honestly say that, so far, PB are the most reactive comms-wise, seem to be the most patient and are coming up with the goods as promised in a most timely manner compared with all the others. whilst I may be relatively new to the world of bit coin I am able to research and make judgement calls on what I read and sometimes more importantly what I don't read about a set-up. Since I started with BP I have ceased using CEX.IO, Butterfly Labs are STILL prevaricating on their latest iteration and have not started cloud mining even though they have had my money since December, cloud hashing.com, whilst being a Brit company are very expensive and the contracts are annual, the DGC contract has yet to bear even 1 DGC......so all in all I would subscribe to the saying.....Caveat Emptor.......if you are concerned that PB is a 'scam' or a Ponzi then don't invest in them.......simple........otherwise don't invest more than you can afford to lose, hold your breath and enjoy the ride!!!.........just saying'!
Activity: 327
Merit: 250
March 12, 2014, 07:54:08 PM
I have been with pbmining for about 90 days and can say I have been paid every week. No problems so far so they seem legit and their support is helpful and quick

Waiting to hear how you were with PBmining before they had a domain?

From Ebay---last year
Activity: 294
March 11, 2014, 09:45:14 AM
Explain their behaviour in a non-scammer way then?

You can't.

My point was only to ensure that this page didn't just turn into a circle jerk between PBmining shill accounts about whether or not they can log into their account

In not a shill, just a so-far satisfied customer.

And in terms of explaining their actions - maybe he doesn't want to reveal his mining addresses because he mines on eligius and to do so would reveal his stats pages. Perhaps he's worried about someone trying to change his settings. Or track his other purchases. Or realize he has a bunch of hashing power he isn't selling.

So yeah. There are explanations. I don't see compelling evidence one way or the other
Activity: 980
Merit: 256
Decentralized Ascending Auctions on Blockchain
March 11, 2014, 05:18:16 AM
Explain their behaviour in a non-scammer way then?

You can't.

My point was only to ensure that this page didn't just turn into a circle jerk between PBmining shill accounts about whether or not they can log into their account
Activity: 69
Merit: 10
March 11, 2014, 05:02:37 AM
I think we're running in circles. Nobody in this thread claims that they are 100 per cent legit. Some just say, they are not sure whether they are or not where you - without showing evidence - claim that they are a scam.

You might be right. But so far your claim is only based on assumptions why they behave like they do.

Fact is: To this day all they have done is exactly what they advert they would.

Only when they fail to deliver THEN we know.

I don't fear that - after reading this thread - anybody would not be able to make a mature decision on whether to invest with them or not.
March 11, 2014, 04:41:46 AM
Yeah no point discussing it further, may as well just let this die down.

There is no reason for them to be so shady unless they're scamming,
I think it's important that that is clearly noted on every page of this thread, so that attempts to make it look more legit by asking questions unrelated to their legitimacy doesn't cover this thread.
March 11, 2014, 03:15:39 AM
He already said what his customer id is. It's probably fair to assume that he got the timing wrong. He mines at 73 GH/s. Invested money is partly back with him. But far from everything.

I think the discussion does not lead to anywhere from this point as nobody can say for sure if they are legit.

I do hope, though, that I will be able to report further payouts until the day comes when I break even.
March 11, 2014, 02:19:32 AM
I have been with pbmining for about 90 days and can say I have been paid every week. No problems so far so they seem legit and their support is helpful and quick

Waiting to hear how you were with PBmining before they had a domain?
Activity: 294
March 10, 2014, 04:28:11 PM
I'm able to log in fine.

Yes I am a customer - and yes I have a link to an OBVIOUS ponzi in my signature but hey, at least I'm up front about that.

While I don't understand why PBmining doesn't want their coins traced - I do think that they are not adding capacity fast enough to be a ponzi scheme. Just my two cents. I've never seen any real evidence for them being a scam, yet I've never seen any evidence against. I'm inclined to trust but that may be a flaw of mine. We'll see. They've been great so far!
Activity: 168
Merit: 100
March 10, 2014, 03:45:44 PM
No problems logging in here.
Activity: 31
Merit: 0
March 10, 2014, 03:39:23 PM
anyone else who has login problems to pbmining? Huh
Activity: 327
March 10, 2014, 02:54:11 PM
pb mining was selling mining contracts on ebay quite awhile before the presence on this forum.
hes got experience obtaining large amounts of mining gear and working with it.
check his ebay link on the landing page.
as an experienced miner he stands to make much more profit with an honest operation than with any scam.
thats what decided me on going in for a couple btc.
Activity: 84
March 10, 2014, 02:51:39 PM

Well, that would be difficult as they have created the Domain on December, 23rd 2013. When did they start selling hash power?

What would really be helpful if you'd share your customer number with us so we can see how you did so far?

Best

iFlash
Check my sig!!  I'm customer #36!
March 10, 2014, 01:28:55 PM

Well, that would be difficult as they have created the Domain on December, 23rd 2013. When did they start selling hash power?

What would really be helpful if you'd share your customer number with us so we can see how you did so far?

Best

iFlash
March 10, 2014, 09:34:46 AM

you've been with them longer than they have had a domain name?

How'd you manage that?

legendary
Activity: 924
Merit: 1000
March 10, 2014, 09:28:54 AM
Activity: 585
March 10, 2014, 07:49:44 AM
No need to be sorry. If it will be a loss than it's my very own fault due to being too naive and stupid.

I have invested 8.9 BTC of which I got back 0.6 so far (after 4.5 days).

iFlash

Ouch. looking back wouldn't you have rather sent the 8.9btc to satoshidice double or nothing bet... If so, you would either be standing here now with 17.8btc or nothing, I only point out because in my mind there is much less risk than investing in a new startup cloud mining company, not only that but the potential reward is much greater too!

Although I lost 2.4btc, I wasn't that hard done by because I started with a wallet with 0.5btc in it, used satoshi dice to gamble it up to 3btc, then spent 2.4btc on a fake mining contract. At that point i felt so good about my investment I just lost the other 0.6btc in a few bets at satoshidice without even caring, if i had held onto that I would have still broke even.
Activity: 655
Merit: 500
March 10, 2014, 05:57:39 AM
I am tracking this topic since the beggining.
I was tempted a lot of times to comment.
Firstly to answer the main question. Nobody knows and yes they have very shady back story (from the actual miners to why their coins are "washed" before sent to owners of contracts).
Before someone tries to throw a stone , about my signature, i can tell this:
i was and am playing with cloud mining with small amounts (even if i had more , that would be a conscious choice for me).
Yes , they have something like 1/2 price pers ghs vs cexio. ok . Why ?  
Lets say that they give you 1/3 of the price of what cexio give you. Then what? A member posted before me that you can trade the purchased ghs  to btc or ltc or whatever the cex platform gives you.
On pbmining you cannot go anywhere. you are "imprisoned" for a 5 year contract . So, i do not regret the outstanding .... 5 ghs on pbmining , as a test , but i wouldnt buy more since its smells really funny.
March 10, 2014, 05:55:05 AM
No need to be sorry. If it will be a loss than it's my very own fault due to being too naive and stupid.

I have invested 8.9 BTC of which I got back 0.6 so far (after 4.5 days).

Three scenarios are possible:

Scenario 1: They are legit
Outcome: In this case I still need to hope for difficulty levels in future that still will allow for enough BTC to be mined with 1 TH/s that I will make a return

Scenario 2: They are a ponzi and close their doors in a few weeks

Outcome: Depending on when they shut down I am in danger of losing up to 8 BTC.

Scenario 3: They are a ponzi and close their doors in 6 months or later
Outcome: Same as #1

So: If they are still around in a few months, I don't give a damn if they are legit or now. I will have break even and will have made definitely more BTC than mining/trading ever falling markets on CEX.IO or other platforms that have a ridiculous price scheme.

We will see.

iFlash

Activity: 154
Merit: 100
March 10, 2014, 05:53:00 AM
Unfortunately this will be a hard lesson for several people on how payouts don't guarantee profits.

I can't reason why a legitimate business would go through so much effort to hide their identities, hide their farm and even hide the source of btc in their payouts.

I'm sorry for the people that have lost money on this. Several of us have made an attempt to make this scam known.
I'd somewhat hope they'd continue long enough for you to get your investment back, but that would also mean a lot of new people are going to get scammed along the way.

https://blockchain.info/address/1Payday1sm5wGqtatKscfXnxARZ2B2MF3z?filter=2
That's not what payouts from a mining pool looks like. That's what someone hiding the true source of their btc looks like.
Pages:
Jump to: