Pages:
Author

Topic: Peer 2 Peer Open Source Encrypted Text, Voice & Video Communications - page 2. (Read 15310 times)

Activity: 182
Merit: 100
Im in for alpha testing
legendary
Activity: 980
Merit: 1003
I'm not just any shaman, I'm a Sha256man

I think the most important thing is to get everything right. Things like this takes time, and sometimes you hit upon problems and things takes even longer time. As long as you work hard, I'm sure things will turn out pretty well though. Smiley

Exactly! That is why I almost have carpal tunnel(half-joking), and my friends think I'm waiting for the apocalypse I've been in my cave for so long(haha) and this is the 4th time I have re-written the client software from scratch(with each time modifying+revising the setup/basecode). This time the client software (for testing purposes) does not even include openssl libraries or any encryption algorithms all that is going on in this test is "set your user name", type in your "Friends username" and start talking in plain text and basically see "what happens" really and continue with the plan while being aware of the issues that arose from testing phase.

Anywho, I've successfully received a "messgehistory" response from the server to the newly written client software now I'm just parsing the json and outputting it to the screen(the easy part). I say 10 PM (PST) is my target time as of now if I don't make it by 12am (PST) 17th  then it may be till next weekend till some more updates happen at that point.
Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

Allright, I hope to get to download the source code and try to compile your code over the weekend, and do the tests you outlined.

Yep source code is always available and I would love to have a tester that knows their way around compiling code to help with "debug".

Also I'm almost positive I'll be running late for the 12PM (PST) testing time, I think at the rate I'm going, testing will start around 6PM (PST) -- I hope sooner though.

UPDATES:

The last bit of code is going into the pre-alpha testing destined to start at 10PM maybe 12AM PST.

MORE UPDATES:
Client is ready for testing (not published to github yet), I"m updating the server code to reflect the client changes.

I think the most important thing is to get everything right. Things like this takes time, and sometimes you hit upon problems and things takes even longer time. As long as you work hard, I'm sure things will turn out pretty well though. Smiley
legendary

Allright, I hope to get to download the source code and try to compile your code over the weekend, and do the tests you outlined.

Yep source code is always available and I would love to have a tester that knows their way around compiling code to help with "debug".

Also I'm almost positive I'll be running late for the 12PM (PST) testing time, I think at the rate I'm going, testing will start around 6PM (PST) -- I hope sooner though.

UPDATES:

The last bit of code is going into the pre-alpha testing destined to start at 10PM maybe 12AM PST.

MORE UPDATES:
Client is ready for testing (not published to github yet), I"m updating the server code to reflect the client changes.
Noticing skype is a bit controversial these days as to who can listening in, this is the right time to have alternatives made. Sure I could give a helping hand with some testing, what do you need to have done ? Mind I have my own projects but a few time slices could always be donated. Smiley

Excellent yes, I'm pretty sure we are all busy and my attempt at being mindful and aware it is my plan to try to have my "test releases" straight forward and stable as possible. Example, For the pre-alpha testing you just have to click a few buttons and do a test "send/receive" message.

Mostly the following
*Generate identity (takes 30 seconds~)
*Load identity(Almost instantly)
*Send/Receive message (Almost instantly)

Windows users have "ported" executables so I can't really say much for those testers all though it should work exactly the same way in theory as the Linux builds.

legendary
I am almost done splitting up the "prototype" application into separate parts and we can begin testing, don't hold  your breath yet, It should be ready Saturday around 12PM PST
legendary
Just about have the "Message History"/"Contacts List" page finished I'm almost positive pre-alpha testing will be ready for tomorrow night.

Some notes: After the 3rd re-write from scratch of the "client" software it shall be noted that pre-alpha testing will consisnt of two applications... the first being for "generate identity" and a different code for "send/recieving messages" to help testing reports go more smoothly
legendary
Noticing skype is a bit controversial these days as to who can listening in, this is the right time to have alternatives made. Sure I could give a helping hand with some testing, what do you need to have done ? Mind I have my own projects but a few time slices could always be donated. Smiley

Excellent yes, I'm pretty sure we are all busy and my attempt at being mindful and aware it is my plan to try to have my "test releases" straight forward and stable as possible. Example, For the pre-alpha testing you just have to click a few buttons and do a test "send/receive" message.

Mostly the following
*Generate identity (takes 30 seconds~)
*Load identity(Almost instantly)
*Send/Receive message (Almost instantly)

Windows users have "ported" executables so I can't really say much for those testers all though it should work exactly the same way in theory as the Linux builds.
It's quite a extensive project you're taking on her Xenland, but I think it's great. Best wishes for this project!

Thank you very much for your wishes!

My intentions are purely to allow the world to feel "okay" to talk to each other and do business again with out closed sourced,   "government ran", or just complicated/annoying comm software. I always feel like in my business conversations there is the person on the other line always "worried" or "panicky" because of "Big Brother" which makes business progress a very very stressful situation in my opinion, I'm sure others will have a variety of wildly different reasoning’s behind it but I'm sure it all stems from a "big brother" paranoia.

To everyone: I can use some testers this weekend and the world could use your help as well, please stand by until Saturday, Cheers everyone!

legendary
It's quite a extensive project you're taking on her Xenland, but I think it's great. Best wishes for this project!

Thank you very much for your wishes!

My intentions are purely to allow the world to feel "okay" to talk to each other and do business again with out closed sourced,   "government ran", or just complicated/annoying comm software. I always feel like in my business conversations there is the person on the other line always "worried" or "panicky" because of "Big Brother" which makes business progress a very very stressful situation in my opinion, I'm sure others will have a variety of wildly different reasoning’s behind it but I'm sure it all stems from a "big brother" paranoia.

To everyone: I can use some testers this weekend and the world could use your help as well, please stand by until Saturday, Cheers everyone!
legendary
I want to kick off pre alpha testing this weekend starting at Pacific standard time. I want to have a windows executable made with Cygwin, but I can't be sure how well that will work so I might just end up having Linux testers (which will drastically reduce my testers availability).
legendary
I'm trying to think of a way to turn a sha256 output into a consistent string compression scheme
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PGP_word_list

Nice, yeah someone else suggested the same thing as well just recently.
As for updates that happened last night, "identity handles" will be computed like the following md5(sha256(publickey)) and then the md5 will be divided into 8 groups of 4 letters and each group will be assigned a word. By my calculations that means I need a dictionary word list of the size of 58,000 to assign to each possible combination group. This will cut down the total output of words down to 8 words instead of 15+. I'd also like to get different language word lists as well to make it a Multi-lingual but that will be set into the far future for now.

Since the identity handles are only for saving visual screen space and for copy and pasting into the contacts list to "auto-retrieve" the recipients public key from the network if any md5 collisions were to happen it the only negative results would be the client saves "both" public keys of each parties colliding, and that’s about it. --In case someone wanted to point out that md5 is insecure anyways.
legendary
Activity: 1400
Merit: 1009
I'm trying to think of a way to turn a sha256 output into a consistent string compression scheme
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PGP_word_list
legendary
I'm trying to think of a way to turn a sha256 output into a consistent string compression scheme but based on what I know about compression I think 50% is the string limit and that’s if the table look up is non-characters. I thought it would be cool to some how turn a sha256 output into something like B3 H1 U8 Z8 I0 T1 Q5 W2 but string compression as I know it can only get down to 64 characters. If anyone know better than me about string compressions that could facilitate something like this that would be awesome. Instead of copying and pasting a sha256(64 characters) string we could copy and paste a 14 character string instead.
legendary
I've converged all the old code in to a rewritten client to better accommodate the future commits/features to come, and here are the screen shots of the new pre-alpha test release most of it is similar the last two are different menu screens I believe.

GENERATION SCREENS

LOAD SCREENS
legendary
I've been waiting for my client to break at the "SQLite3" areas dealing with "multi-threading, and now it has and this problem so I'm converging the code to support multi-threading in SQL queries. This should make the pre-alpha testing alot less pain for for debugging, sit tight pre-alpha testing is on its way.
legendary
v0.0.7_pre10 of the client has been uploaded.
Receiving of messages is possible but displaying and saving them is the current task at hand.

After receiving works, sending them will be much easier to implement.
legendary
Before somehow another mishap begins I shall post what is produced so far for the logo as temporary until the P2P Crypt organization can afford a $300-$500 quality logo as my expectations were too high for the budget.

here is the "abstract symbol"
legendary
@ Xenland

If you think locking this thread is the end of the stolen logo idea story than I suggest you to think twice. I have already PMed theymos and will PM other
mods here, let's see what they think about the case.

Thanks for the heads up. I'm sorry I don't like your logo and that message wasn't intended for just you, it was intended for every artist that sent in the same logo(practically) and when I back out they all think I'm stealing their idea and threaten me, we can't have a community that advocates "vicious circles". I don't want that in my bitcoin reality where they feel "obligated" to pay because they are being intimidated by others. You can be rest assured your intimidation isn't helping your case.  As a believer in a voluntary society(me), I would never steal anyone work so its hard for me to take anyone accusing me of "stealing" seriously.

I encourage you to "report me" if that is how you feel, but I don't see the benefit of anything your doing except wasting both our time. So I shall ignore you from here on out unless you have a reputable lawyer you would like me to get in touch with. Good day to you sir.
Pages:
Jump to: