Pages:
Author

Topic: Peer 2 Peer Open Source Encrypted Text, Voice & Video Communications - page 5. (Read 15310 times)

Activity: 85
Merit: 10
1h79nc
Xenland,

Can you post a block diagram of which encryption algorithms and authentication algorithms are used for each of the client and server?

Also, you should look into using libevent (or libev...) if you are writing network stuff in C. It makes writing network-facing C code much easier, it's more portable, and has better performance to boot.
legendary
Activity: 980
Merit: 1003
I'm not just any shaman, I'm a Sha256man
Also I could also use some help, I need someone to help with the client for sure, and then I can do the server. I might even hook it up with a Bitcoin or two if someone provides a gui that I can plug into, Just message me if you want to collaborate.
legendary
maybe grab a pre-existing P2P library and layer your app on top?  If there isn't one ready-made somewhere, you could isolate the one in bitcoin from the blockchain.  That would probably be valuable for many apps...
I have checked-out a few other pre-made C frameworks, I'm not a fan of any of them so far. The main reason being is I feel there is less flexibility with what this project is aimed to accomplish with restricting libraries. I am open to suggestions though to splicing code snippets from however Wink

splicing code out of Bitcoin isn't a bad idea but it most certainly isn't the most efficient one.

And I find C is pretty progressive, I might have a p2p node server running by the end of the week and a client done by next week. GUIs can be made to interface with the command line and then later on redeveloped for a independent GUI version later on down the road.
legendary
Activity: 1246
Merit: 1010
maybe grab a pre-existing P2P library and layer your app on top?  If there isn't one ready-made somewhere, you could isolate the one in bitcoin from the blockchain.  That would probably be valuable for many apps...
legendary
Activity: 1792
Merit: 1008
/dev/null
i like this idea, watching Smiley
legendary
So starting over with v0.0.0.1

We have the server that opens the sqllite3 database and generates then saves the public key pair into the database.
legendary
Instead of providing a gui right off the bat, I'm going to start over and get a command line solution working and then once completed a GUI could be built on top.
This is because updates for littlest things take forever to change, and sync up with loads of GUI code so this command line route will make development progress quicker.
legendary
Hi!
I can see a very interesting project. In fact, I found here what I were thinking to develope.
I will analise the code as soon as posible and I will be following the project.
Is it functional now?

Its not complete by any means, how ever I try to post only stable builds so it should as of right now display a GUI showing two buttons Button 1 says "Generate Identity", Button 2 says "Load identity". Only the "generate identity" partially is complete it will generate a key. I haven't secured anything at this point like pen-test or make sure the keys generated have high entropy and I don't plan on "securing it" until all the implementations are their --Just to make progress/development/ideas go by quicker. In other words the plan is to get the thin working and then secure the app.  The app just requires OpenSSL and GTK (and possibly GDK)

Side-note:I'm working on an embedded solution right now but I feel a fan/user-base is needed as well as p2p network established to make the embedded solution more appealing. I will not discuss any details about the embedded solution at this time for the sake of preventing competitors however just know that its near completion and the source-code is planned to be MIT/X11 licensing, however practically I fore-see that it will be GPL at first to get a ROI so an organization could be established with some funds to back it and provide updates, and other planned "secure devices"(that will also be FOSS) and then once the org is established release MIT/X11 licensing. The desktop app it self will be X11/MIT when it is complete for now its just AGPL.
Activity: 93
Merit: 10
Hi!
I can see a very interesting project. In fact, I found here what I were thinking to develope.
I will analise the code as soon as posible and I will be following the project.
Is it functional now?
legendary
Updates: SQLite3 integrated.
Generated identities are saved into the database.

legendary
UPDATES: Clients can exchange PEM/RSA keys

legendary
Basically viruses, spyware, and trojans are a threat to computer users (PC, MAC OSX, etc). We all know this... but what we don't think about is how they can affect what once was encrypted communications on your computer.. Now you can't be too sure. You download so many files just browsing the internet even if you don’t ever click "Save" or "download" you had to download some files to get "there" to see those links. Files just basically freely come and go through your computer its unsure what viruses, spyware, etc are doing but what we DO know is that its unsafe to run encrypted communications AND work,browse, or what ever else it is you do this is because before your voice is encrypted, spyware can listen in to the microphone line "before" it is encrypted which effectively evades any encryption process. In effort to provide privacy I created an embedded encrypted device that uses multiple channels for Public key transfer to ensure no MITM attacks happen.

When i was about to post my product on kick-starter I thought to my self "I have no screen, I have no interface on my embedded device, why would any-one invest in my device if they can't prove I know what im doing for all they know i just added sound in post-production of the demonstration video. So I thought.... and thought and thought. And my solution is to provide a P2P Encrypted solution for desktops just to demonstration that I have encryption knowledge and can build things up to PKCStandards.

So I present to you my desktop app (Known to only work with GCC/LINUX) right now; I'm in the process of building it, basically everyone logins with a Public Key, and clients to connect to other clients. Both clients identify them selves with public keys and exchange keys.

To prevent Man-In-The-Middle Attacks, clients will ask other clients around the world what they know about "everyone online" which is basically an IP address list with public key associated with them. Each client will save the list and extract the public keys they want to verify (as opposed to just specifically asking for a public key/IP pair which could lead to man-in-the-middle attacks as asking for specific public key and ip pairs). Essentially Bitcoin-Network but with out bitcoins its messaging.

Once a client feels they have enough verifications from each node they can start communicating with the client -- this is all transparent. (untrusted nodes will only slightly increase confidence, trusted nodes will drastically increase confidence).

Any ways once i feel that I have a user base I can release my embedded device on kick-starter when i feel it is time until then i will produce "confidence and trust" with the encryption communication community.

Programming Language: C
Source Code: https://github.com/Xenland/P2PCrypt-Server
Client Source Code: https://github.com/Xenland/P2PCrypt-Client

Pages:
Jump to: