Pages:
Author

Topic: Pending ETH transaction for 21+ days - page 2. (Read 196 times)

legendary
Activity: 2982
Merit: 1280
Hire Bitcointalk Camp. Manager @ r7promotions.com
February 23, 2021, 01:56:41 PM

What to do, how to cancel it and to be sure that it will not be lost ETH?
Just ask him to rebroadcast the ethereum transaction with same nonce and increased gas fee than actual recommended fee than now. your ETH is not lost it just need the boost on gas fee.

I will do that, just waiting for a lower gas price.

Other than this, you can't do anything since the transaction isn't coming from your end.  Only the sender can cancel/modify the transaction.

The cost of gas has recently fluctuated over the trading situation itself. Even if you set the gas to high, the gas can increase by 4x in a few minutes.

I think that's exactly what happened. It took too long for him to finalize the transaction.

I also experienced the same thing with you and tried to cancel my transaction via metamask which was also delayed due to setting the gas too low. I followed this method https://info.etherscan.com/how-to-cancel-ethereum-pending-transactions/#replacing-cancel-pending-transactions

when you did a transaction cancellation? I see it's still pending.

I also experienced the same thing but I am the one sending it.  I cancel the transaction by sending 0 ETH to the same address I am using with the acceptable transaction fee.  Once the transaction confirmed, the pending transaction was canceled. But I think your case is different since you are on the receiving end. 
legendary
Activity: 3416
Merit: 3419
Crypto Swap Exchange
February 23, 2021, 01:43:44 PM
The cost of gas has recently fluctuated over the trading situation itself. Even if you set the gas to high, the gas can increase by 4x in a few minutes.

I think that's exactly what happened. It took too long for him to finalize the transaction.

I also experienced the same thing with you and tried to cancel my transaction via metamask which was also delayed due to setting the gas too low. I followed this method https://info.etherscan.com/how-to-cancel-ethereum-pending-transactions/#replacing-cancel-pending-transactions

when you did a transaction cancellation? I see it's still pending.

Just ask him to rebroadcast the ethereum transaction with same nonce and increased gas fee than actual recommended fee than now. your ETH is not lost it just need the boost on gas fee.

I will do that, just waiting for a lower gas price.
Activity: 2436
Merit: 272
Hire Bitcointalk Camp. Manager @ r7promotions.com
February 23, 2021, 12:25:25 PM
Activity: 2100
Merit: 641
sig. code creator start @$10 - PM me!
February 23, 2021, 12:01:45 PM

You can cancel the transaction on condition that the confirmation is still 0. I also experienced the same thing with you and tried to cancel my transaction via metamask which was also delayed due to setting the gas too low. I followed this method https://info.etherscan.com/how-to-cancel-ethereum-pending-transactions/#replacing-cancel-pending-transactions
Seeing as the current gas price is 470gwei, I don't want to suggest that you should do it at this time.
legendary
Activity: 3416
Merit: 3419
Crypto Swap Exchange
February 23, 2021, 11:00:38 AM
What to do with this transaction?
One guy sends me 0.05ETH including the gas fee of 75 Gwei. This transaction is still unconfirmed, more than 20 days. Here is no problem to contact them if we can do something about that.
Time Last Seen: 21 days 15 hr 54 min 27 secs ago (Feb-01-2021 11:01:25 PM)
I haven't had a case like this before, because I always use the recommended fee whenever I send. This is payments to me.
Pages:
Jump to: