Pages:
Author

Topic: Peoples truly believe A LOT in Bitcoin - page 10. (Read 1746 times)

Activity: 1232
Merit: 186
December 29, 2018, 03:04:35 AM
But why ? Because it's the first cryptocurrency created, and the most used in the market ?
You will probably dislike what my answer is but for me it's a big YES Grin. You should understand that believing to btc is natural for investors because it has the strongest foundation among the others. Why would you even choose to give your full trust in an alt (which may have a possibility of becoming a shitcoin) if there is the most trusted coin in the first place? I hope you get my point.
I'm surprised everydays of peoples saying that "btc will be the king forever" without delivering a proper argument.
Ahh, I see. Seems that you're pissed off by the obsessed bitcoin fanatics out there Grin. Well, you can't control the way they're thinking. I think the best way you can do is to ignore them and continue minding your own business.

Anyway, even me don't believe that there is a 100% assurance for bitcoin to be the king forever. I'm only saying that it will remain at the tip of the mountain as long as there's no other coin who can beat it.
legendary
Activity: 1904
Merit: 1158
December 29, 2018, 02:35:15 AM
I have read and talked about these topics for a pretty long time on the forum now. There are so many people who want to believe that something will replace Bitcoin because they want their "Thing" or their "Bag" to replace it.

The thing with Bitcoin is that there are enough geeks, crypto-enthusiasts, traders, political thinkers and plain normal people who are feverish about ensuring world-domination.

There are intelligent, competent and secretive people who enjoy this as a challenge to the powers that be. There is the underlying legend of the early harbingers like the mysterious Satoshi, The second-in-command Hal Finney who was on a quest to understand and contribute to bitcoin even when he was taking his last breaths paralyzed by a dreadful genetic disorder. (Some believe Mr. Finney was Satoshi himself)

The lore, The technical depth, the creativity and sheer mystery of bitcoin is so powerful that it can never be replaced by people like Roger Ver or Craig Wright who are in this clearly for self-aggrandization or purely profit. Only people who doubt this and want to believe the naysayers fall in two categories:

1. Newcomers who hate that they weren't here earlier and simply cannot digest that they couldn't have it.
2. Ego-maniacs who cannot accept that they can never do what Satoshi did or what the Core Devs do as a team.
Activity: 1008
Merit: 501
December 29, 2018, 02:14:47 AM
We learn a lot from bitcoin and bitcoin as long as it provides many benefits for crypto lovers so the existence of bitcoin is highly anticipated. Many people believe in bitcoin because there are many who have succeeded in managing digital assets and have been proven in the real world so that bitcoin deserves to be best and future.
Too trusting can also harm you. especially a short-term trader should not be too trusting #imo. especially when the price falls. if he believes too much in bitcoin. surely he will hold bitcoin whatever happens. because he believes the price will recover but the price could continue to bleed and it might take several years to recover. if he do a short term. surely you will lose because of overconfidence
Activity: 742
Merit: 250
December 29, 2018, 12:02:47 AM
Bitcoin is a highly scalable currency. I believe that Bitcoin will be able to develop and replace fiat money.

Smart contract is not needed for the means of payment
if in my opinion fiat money is very difficult to be replaced by bitcoin, because bitcoin is difficult to regulate and control. of course the government will prefer its own currency rather than bitcoin. Fiat and Bitcoin currencies are trusted in their respective worlds.
Activity: 126
Merit: 29
Get Maximalist or Get Wrecked
December 28, 2018, 11:59:37 PM
nobody is saying bitcoin will be "king" forever. in fact no bitcoin user has ever called bitcoin "king".

Bitcoin is the one crypto to rule them all.

King suggests a monarchy exists, that would be kind of silly to call bitcoin "king"

https://twitter.com/rothschild_jen/status/1078816724936323072

January 2nd 2014 #bitcoin was "valued" at $802.00
January 3rd 2009 the first #btc was mined.

People who bought bitcoin 5 years ago had a 400% INCREASE in value.

Nobody held their money in a currency that increased 100% during the last 5, 10, 100 years.... bitcoin is the one coin to rule all currencies.
Activity: 448
Merit: 10
A Blockchain Mobile Operator With Token Rewards
December 28, 2018, 11:50:36 PM
We learn a lot from bitcoin and bitcoin as long as it provides many benefits for crypto lovers so the existence of bitcoin is highly anticipated. Many people believe in bitcoin because there are many who have succeeded in managing digital assets and have been proven in the real world so that bitcoin deserves to be best and future.
legendary
Activity: 3472
Merit: 10611
December 28, 2018, 11:34:46 PM
if "people" were believing A LOT in bitcoin then price would have been constantly going up. but the market is showing that A LOT of people believe SO LITTLE in bitcoin. and only some of them believe in it which is why only some are successful while others lose.

I'm surprised everydays of peoples saying that "btc will be the king forever" without delivering a proper argument.
it is because you never read what they say, you only stick to the hype and FUD and nothing more. for example have you ever watched any of the Andreas Antonopoulos stuff? if you haven't then do that.
and by the way nobody is saying bitcoin will be "king" forever. in fact no bitcoin user has ever called bitcoin "king". the only people who call it king and talk about how long it will be that are the shitcoin bag holders who want to undermine bitcoin.
Activity: 434
December 28, 2018, 11:17:53 PM
Actually, I was also surprised, there is actually something with bitcoin, so many people expect something interesting in bitcoin. But this is the reality, bitcoin is able to hypnotize many people with all its advantages, and is very profitable for those who are intelligent.
mk4
legendary
Activity: 2870
Merit: 3873
Paldo.io 🤖
December 28, 2018, 11:16:17 PM
Bitcoin is a highly scalable currency. I believe that Bitcoin will be able to develop and replace fiat money.

Simply because smart contracts aren't necessarily made for payments in the first place. Cryptocurrencies that are for smart contracts are mostly for decentralized utilities. The debatable and arguable thing is if these so called "smart contracts" needs to necessarily be decentralized or not.
Activity: 1624
Merit: 163
December 28, 2018, 11:00:56 PM
People believe in Bitcoin because there is something in it that they saw and want to. For example, investors believe in Bitcoin and invest in it because they saw it's potential to grow in price while others who believe in its technology, invest in it to support it.
December 28, 2018, 09:19:45 PM
We believe in it because it's a great technology. It can be taken over by something better at some point but why would it be if it can be upgraded? Aeroplanes were never taken over by something better. They were continuously upgraded since the first prototype and I don't see them being taken over by a better technology in the next 50 years. Bitcoin will be there in 2020 you can be sure of it.

So....

Altcoins = Drones
Bitcoin = Planes

Got it.

Will wait 80 years to buy an altcoin and value it.  Cheesy

Activity: 1918
Merit: 370
December 28, 2018, 08:51:14 PM
We believe in it because it's a great technology. It can be taken over by something better at some point but why would it be if it can be upgraded? Aeroplanes were never taken over by something better. They were continuously upgraded since the first prototype and I don't see them being taken over by a better technology in the next 50 years. Bitcoin will be there in 2020 you can be sure of it.

We may have different opinion on the above topic as posted. My one cent opinion Bitcoin able to survived the beating on the market, it remains the most trusted coin in the crypto market, consumers investors believes on the stability of Bitcoin, the support system on the market is high and gaining more investors everyday.
Activity: 2170
Merit: 528
December 28, 2018, 08:17:33 PM
December 28, 2018, 08:06:04 PM
You can say that. Because the first BTC, holding market prices, has many communities, many believe. but it is not something that is not possible at one time BTC will be replaced by another, but for now people still put trust in BTC.

Wrong

How will another convince everyone in bitcoin that their shiny new coin has real value? They won't. EVER.

How will a new coin somehow have a better development team, when bitcoin has the best developers in the space? 

Altcoins like Ethereum, Monero, Litecoin have people who are as good as bitcoin developers but that doesn't leave any talent for "new coins" to hire and somehow create a "better" coin.

The worst developers in crypto "try" to create valuable coins and fail. The best developers in crypto join the best crypto currency development teams that bitcoin, ethereum, litecoin, ripple, stellar have created.

Starting a new team to create a new coin requires so much capital that it would automatically lose value because questions of the teams intentions will always be asked when looking at a crypto currency. Satoshi and bitcoin don't have that problem.

The Core teams ability to keep the protocol running, secure transactions and store value is not EASY for someone else to just do it better.
Activity: 420
December 28, 2018, 07:56:35 PM

legendary
Activity: 2380
Merit: 1343
December 28, 2018, 07:50:53 PM
But why ? Because it's the first cryptocurrency created, and the most used in the market ? What makes you believe that Bitcoin will be the eternal king of the market, and something else won't replace it ?

That's why I created this topic, not because I want to know "who will be the next king" or "BTC will be replaced soon", no, I want to hear a proper opinion on this matter, without some BS such as "it's the king, because it was the first". In that case, why would he's still be the "king" right now, and why would be he be in the future ?

And there are a lot who dont believe in bitcoin at all and thats the way
society works. Why woild you come onto a dedicated crypto forum and
try and preach to us?

It is up to you the OP whos task it is to tell us why bitcoin WONT be the
king forever?  You created this thread, so own it and earn it.

Contrary to what some think bitcoin is in a healthy place, development
continues, simple proof is segwit and lightening.

Hundreds of alt coins have been created and none have come close to
matching bitcoin.

Crypto revolves around bitcoin, trading, buying and selling is centered
around bitcoin.

Adoption is aimed predominantly at bitcoin, even banks see a future in
bitcoin.

In the 10 years of its existence bitcoins security has never been questioned

It is a survivor because of the community who believe.
Activity: 183
December 28, 2018, 07:21:07 PM
You can say that. Because the first BTC, holding market prices, has many communities, many believe. but it is not something that is not possible at one time BTC will be replaced by another, but for now people still put trust in BTC.
December 28, 2018, 05:15:08 PM

We were surprised too, so we updated the Traits of Money

There is a thread on it here:
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/bitcoin-vs-gold-fiat-and-altcoins-updated-traits-of-money-5084692

That's why I created this topic, not because I want to know "who will be the next king" or "BTC will be replaced soon", no, I want to hear a proper opinion on this matter, without some BS such as "it's the king, because it was the first". In that case, why would he's still be the "king" right now, and why would be he be in the future ?

To value an alt, when bitcoin is still being adopted by the financial industry/governments and regulated around the world, as being a real asset, that has real value is insane.

Waiting for altcoins to show true value will take 10 years for a project. We still can't "agree" on the value of bitcoin after a decade of it storing value and transferring it without requiring 3rd parties. Altcoins may need to wait even longer to have a large enough adoption pool that undeniably proves value. The type of value that people religiously protect and hold onto regardless of "expert" opinions. THAT is where value will show in an altcoin.

Adoption - Infrastructure (exchanges, wallets, payment acceptance, historical #value, user base, security, education) = SHIT

Bitcoin = Funded all Altcoins, funded tons of other things, securely stored/transferred payments for 9 years
Altcoins = ?!?!?!

Projects like Ethereum, Monero, Stablecoins, Ripple don't have to just get adopters of these "currencies," some need to get regulators approval, show that their security is up to the task, keep their developers releasing project updates, navigate a cesspool of shitcoins that "pretend" they do anything.

There is value within some of them, the amount is less than 5% and only time will prove this.

Activity: 215
Merit: 11
December 28, 2018, 04:24:32 PM
People truly believe a lot on bitcoin, because it is proved that one who adopt earlier will benefit good out of bitcoin. Early adopters who has got patience have earned big out of holding long term. Same is the reason that makes people believe bitcoin though it is very young with less than ten years of history.
Activity: 658
Merit: 152
December 28, 2018, 04:21:59 PM
Yeah, that's why the currency currently crossed 4k $ barrier again and showing us the last hope for this year.
Pages:
Jump to: