Pages:
Author

Topic: Personal contribution of 5,000 BTC to affected Bitcoinica customers - page 5. (Read 12811 times)

vip
Activity: 490
Merit: 502
Im just putting this out there. If this money is the result of selling bitcoinica or your employment thereof the administrators of it when it becomes bankrupt can claw back funds up to two years prior from its former owners/directors etc.

No wonder you are getting rid of the funds Smiley

I didn't sell the company. xWaylab Inc. is still mine (and I acquired all the outstanding shares from other shareholders before the sale of Bitcoinica).

I sold Bitcoinica.com domain name and intellectual properties of the site. All the financial accounts were re-created (including Mt. Gox account) after the sale.

So your statement shouldn't be applicable. I always have the purchase agreement to back up in court.
vip
Will be interesting to see the blockchain forensics that come out of all this.

Disclosure: The donation address is hosted on Blockchain.info.

EDIT: Block chain or Blockchain.info? LOL.

How do you know?

If the transaction is relayed by 127.0.0.1 means that the origin is blockhain.info? if so it seems that all directions of the branch that goes to the donation are blockchain.info

I created the donation address on My Wallet, which uses Blockchain.info's own JSON-RPC API to push transactions.
legendary
Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570
Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending
You should really keep the funds for when the intersango guys try to sue you:(

This is not your fault.

They can't sue him - he is a child.

And how do you know it's not his fault?  He had more inside knowledge than anyone and it would have been easy for him to hack in and steal the coins and destroy the database.  The police were never called for some reason...

intersango never called the police for some reason... Hmm...

This, to me, is the most damning evidence. Why would statists like the InterSango guys, who have made so much noise about being "registered" and "regulated" never call the police who are supposed to protect them from exactly this kind of fraud?

Forget the scammer tag...how about a "felon" tag?

Scammer tag is red Xs. What would a felon tag be?

Black Xs?
Na, black I's.  Think, jail cell themed.   Wink

Na! XOXOXO   Think cell buddy named Jerome.
legendary
Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570
Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending
All of my interactions with Zhou have been first rate.
He has been straight forward and easy to deal with every time and I still trust his integrity.

I wish I could say the same about the Intersango group.

Damn you, Roger! I sincerely trust you, but now have to reweigh my thoughts on Zhou, of which I've openly switched my position several times already.

~Bruno~
Activity: 686
Merit: 500
Wat
Im just putting this out there. If this money is the result of selling bitcoinica or your employment thereof the administrators of it when it becomes bankrupt can claw back funds up to two years prior from its former owners/directors etc.

No wonder you are getting rid of the funds Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1022
Merit: 1000

How do you know?

If the transaction is relayed by 127.0.0.1 means that the origin is blockhain.info? if so it seems that all directions of the branch that goes to the donation are blockchain.info
vip

Wat
legendary
It seems that of 40k stolen, 100btc have come as a donation, if in fact hackers are good people Grin (but a bit stingy)

https://blockchain.info/tree/11978606

https://blockchain.info/tx-index/12134191/fd307e86985acf7aaa3634ce92f7920343ce6ef7ae61f1b693056c5a8741fcdb

I know you are reading this, 40k is a lot btc, please donate.

Good karma compensates;)

Oh... Tainted coins.

It seems that random donations are a good way for hackers to wash their coins nowadays.

That's not your problem no? Can bitcoinica pretend that you return those Bitcoins? At this point I trust more in your charitable refund that in them.
vip
It seems that of 40k stolen, 100btc have come as a donation, if in fact hackers are good people Grin (but a bit stingy)

https://blockchain.info/tx-index/12134191/fd307e86985acf7aaa3634ce92f7920343ce6ef7ae61f1b693056c5a8741fcdb

Good karma compensates;)

Oh... Tainted coins.

It seems that random donations are a good way for hackers to wash their coins nowadays.
legendary

Good karma compensates;)
legendary
Activity: 1400
Merit: 1005

This is not your fault.

And how do you know it's not his fault?  He had more inside knowledge than anyone and it would have been easy for him to hack in and steal the coins and destroy the database.  The police were never called for some reason...

This, to me, is the most damning evidence. Why would statists like the InterSango guys, who have made so much noise about being "registered" and "regulated" never call the police who are supposed to protect them from exactly this kind of fraud?

Black Xs?
Na, black I's.  Think, jail cell themed.   Wink
legendary
Activity: 1120
Merit: 1003

This is not your fault.

Black Xs?
legendary
Activity: 2198
Merit: 1311
You come from a middle class family, dont have much money left, but enough to just donate 5000btc for this? Dafuq?! 5k btc is a lot of money imho

You're right.  It is a lot of money.  But it's only 1/5 of one forum members bitcoinica losses.
Activity: 98
Merit: 10
(:firstbits => "1mantis")

This is not your fault.

legendary
Activity: 1937
Merit: 1001
You come from a middle class family, dont have much money left, but enough to just donate 5000btc for this? Dafuq?! 5k btc is a lot of money imho
legendary
Activity: 1708
Merit: 1019

This is not your fault.

+1
pof
Activity: 204
Merit: 100
Thank you!
I filed the claim, and if some time in the future  , the bitcoinica/intersango team will refund me (but i'm not so faithfull Grin), i'll give the money back to you.
Bitbuy
Wow. I honestly don't know what to say. Thank you so much for this very kind gesture, Zhou Tong!
This wasn't necessary at all, but you have no idea how much I appreciate this.
I wish you all the best, and hopefully this whole disaster won't haunt you much longer.

Thanks again! Smiley
Activity: 134
Merit: 100
That's a nice looking website.
Pages:
Jump to: