Pages:
Author

Topic: Personal contribution of 5,000 BTC to affected Bitcoinica customers - page 6. (Read 12811 times)

donator
Activity: 452
Merit: 252
..And so it seems everyone is allready fine with LOSING their money. Its only lost if you give up on legal proceedings and clearly thats the only thing that will work in this situation.

If anyone have money still hanging around in bitcoinica/intersango/toothfairy accounts, you should get some legal advice right now, no more delays.

It doesnt matter who caused this loss of funds, someone is going to be held accountable and you will only know this if you move forward with legal action.

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/class-action-litigation-vs-bitcoinica-consultancy-ltd-intersango-ltd-93109

email me your skype information so we can create a skype chatroom to pool our information and resources in setting up this lawsuit.
Activity: 336
Merit: 250
All of my interactions with Zhou have been first rate.
He has been straight forward and easy to deal with every time and I still trust his integrity.

I wish I could say the same about the Intersango group.

(in case anyone missed it the first time around)

An impressive statement, considering your circumstances.
Activity: 504
Merit: 502
..And so it seems everyone is allready fine with LOSING their money. Its only lost if you give up on legal proceedings and clearly thats the only thing that will work in this situation.

If anyone have money still hanging around in bitcoinica/intersango/toothfairy accounts, you should get some legal advice right now, no more delays.

It doesnt matter who caused this loss of funds, someone is going to be held accountable and you will only know this if you move forward with legal action.
Activity: 69
Merit: 10
Whilst noble, I still don't trust anyone here who claims to perform good deeds or seek pity. For all we know, that 5,000 BTC could be a small piece of the pie from the heist. Nothing ads up whenever a hack occurs, too many weird coincidences and actions performed / not performed by people who are involved in these websites. I mean we aren't taking about a couple of coupons or pennies here. These hacks amounts into the millions of dollars!

I can't understand how precautions are not taken to secure funds properly, and because they aren't secured the only thing that i keep concluding to myself is a scam. By a single or many individual.

Again im sorry to hijack your thread Zou, but it just angers me to see this happen constantly to the bitcoin economy.
legendary
Activity: 1120
Merit: 1003
You should really keep the funds for when the intersango guys try to sue you:(

This is not your fault.

They can't sue him - he is a child.

And how do you know it's not his fault?  He had more inside knowledge than anyone and it would have been easy for him to hack in and steal the coins and destroy the database.  The police were never called for some reason...

intersango never called the police for some reason... Hmm...

This, to me, is the most damning evidence. Why would statists like the InterSango guys, who have made so much noise about being "registered" and "regulated" never call the police who are supposed to protect them from exactly this kind of fraud?

Forget the scammer tag...how about a "felon" tag?
Activity: 300
Merit: 250
BitcoinStarter.com Support Account
ZT is dumping what he has because he's about to get rammed up the butt in lawsuits lol
legendary
Activity: 1358
Merit: 1002

This is not your fault.

And how do you know it's not his fault?  He had more inside knowledge than anyone and it would have been easy for him to hack in and steal the coins and destroy the database.  The police were never called for some reason...

ZT did it all to take revenge on Patrick(phantomcircuit) because of his dirty mouth and actions
http://bitcoinstats.com/irc/bitcoin-dev/logs/2011/09/12/4
If so, I congratulate you, ZT. Well played, Sir. Brilliant execution.
Vod
legendary
Activity: 3668
Merit: 3010
Licking my boob since 1970

This is not your fault.

vip
Activity: 1052
Merit: 1155
All of my interactions with Zhou have been first rate.
He has been straight forward and easy to deal with every time and I still trust his integrity.

I wish I could say the same about the Intersango group.
Activity: 661
Merit: 500
This is nice of you ZT.  For someone only a handful of years younger than myself you are a stand-up person it seems.

I was lucky enough to have half of mine paid (which I put in the comments) so I am hoping others that have not been paid anything will still get something.  Anyway, it is appreciated whether I see any more money or not.

Thanks man.

EDIT: The EMail address I used was a TorMail Address.  It seems TorMail is currently not working, which totally makes sense because everything else in life is fucked for me.  If tormail ever starts working again then I can verify my claim from your website. 
legendary
Activity: 1526
Merit: 1001
Noble gesture. Submitted claim about missing 50%. Willing to send back whatever you send me as soon as /if I ever get my second 50% back from bitcoinica. Please send me a BTC address in this case.

disclaimer201
vip
Activity: 490
*** applause ***

I guess that commitment is why I trusted you & bitcoinica in the first place... Nice gesture.

However I have one minor suggestion, wait for the actual owner of bitcoinica to have finished the verification so you can send your bitcoins to partially reimburse the customers toverified customers (hackers & thief had already have a big enough part of the pie).

In the meantime, I trust you to handle this "found"

I don't think it's efficient to send the coins directly to Bitcoinica. I intended to help people who were severely affected by Bitcoinica fiasco. The payments can be made very quickly to everyone (in about 7-10 days).
vip
Activity: 490
Zhou I'm going through your code as we speak, gives me contradicting feelings :
 - you made a really good app, in an original way, but
 - your code is dirty and some parts are really insecure (:otp_required in attr_accessible? I don't think so.)

But still, kudos for making such a cool app with original features! (and also kudos to giving back some of your profits to people who lost money in the whole bitcoinica thing)

Thanks for the feedback. I'm actively improving my coding skills and I admit that I could do a much better job on Bitcoinica. I failed at DRY, obviously.

Since I have a much longer timeframe for NameTerrific (5 months, not 4 days), I'm quite confident in my code quality and maintainability for my new project.
legendary
Activity: 1652
Merit: 1127
Thanks for doing this! It should be efficient if you took over bitcoinica

If I were him I wouldn't touch bitcoinica with a 10 foot pole, with everything going on.
legendary
Activity: 1666
Merit: 1057
Marketing manager - GO MP
cool story bro

they gonna get ya...
Activity: 56
Merit: 0
Thanks for doing this! It should be efficient if you took over bitcoinica
legendary
Activity: 1372
Merit: 1007
1davout
Zhou I'm going through your code as we speak, gives me contradicting feelings :
 - you made a really good app, in an original way, but
 - your code is dirty and some parts are really insecure (:otp_required in attr_accessible? I don't think so.)

But still, kudos for making such a cool app with original features! (and also kudos to giving back some of your profits to people who lost money in the whole bitcoinica thing)
Activity: 223
Merit: 100
*** applause ***

I guess that commitment is why I trusted you & bitcoinica in the first place... Nice gesture.

However I have one minor suggestion, wait for the actual owner of bitcoinica to have finished the verification so you can send your bitcoins to partially reimburse the customers toverified customers (hackers & thief had already have a big enough part of the pie).

In the meantime, I trust you to handle this "found"
Pages:
Jump to: