Pages:
Author

Topic: philosophical question - page 2. (Read 722 times)

Activity: 630
Merit: 263
June 29, 2017, 03:35:07 AM
In fact, the concept of slavery is relative. A lot of people are now considered to be free, but live as slaves, sometimes even worse than they are. How can you call life in third countries of people with a salary of 100 dollars a month? And that's not the worst option.
Activity: 924
Merit: 260
June 29, 2017, 03:10:14 AM
Using your fellow human beings as a slave is very bad but in the case of united states of American using African as a slave and now turning to favour African slaves next generation is an act of God and a recompense for the evil treatment from their fellow human beings.
Activity: 1106
Merit: 637
June 29, 2017, 02:05:10 AM
no, you're missing the point. By them being slaves, and enduring all of that, they've saved all next generations from the current situation in Africa and you're telling me that the situation in US and Africa are the same right now?

I don't think you guys got the point of the question and you're telling me that the lifestyles in US and Africa are the same and that they wouldn't have a problem moving to Congo, Nigeria, Ghana from any country in US?

Ok, I think you need to rephrase the question. It sounds like you're asking: Would African Americans, who are descendants of those who were subjected to slavery prefer to live in Africa without the slavery past or live in America with the slavery past? (Or the first generation beyond slavery, etc.)

Is that closer to your point?
Activity: 1022
Merit: 564
Need some spare btc for a new PC
June 29, 2017, 01:29:16 AM
I don't mean any offence or to offend anybody at all, it's simply a question.

Was slavery in the US that bad? By having slaves and abolishing slavery later on, yes it was cruel and wrong BUT with slavery they've saved the many generations of africans from potentially dying from a disease, war,etc... and gave the new generations of slaves to live a normal and a lot more happy life in the US later on. So was slavery actually that bad?

I hope that you've understood the question I wanted to ask, really sleepy right now but wanted to hear your opinion on this one.

I'll bite Wink I love these, and no offense taken. Also, in before the racist crew comes out to play Wink

Life in America isn't normal or happy for some black people. It's hard to explain, and I'll sound butthurt, but suffice it to say this is not the American dream. Your potential for growth is limited, it kind of makes you just want to give up. People assume they know your character because of how you look, it's frustrating to say 'Hello Ma'am' to an older white lady in Walmart, and have her glare at you. And then repeat yourself politely, because surely she didnt hear me, she reacted wrong, and have the lady pfft and glare and leave. I hate it that my skin bothers people so much sometimes they want to harm me.

Slavery was no gift. The horrors of slavery engendered social policy that persists to this day. We aren't in chains, but a prison does not always require bars.

So no, I don't think systematic torture, rape and genocide is justified by a third place seat in modern America. Also, from a numbers perspective, the breeding potential that was usurped to create more slaves would have more than made up for those lost to misadventure/calamity.

Would you be a slave?

I don't deny anything about slavery but with them being in US, they've saved future generations for 90$ sure death and starvation. Look at hot people are living in Africa and how people are living in US, are you telling me it's the same?

Was slavery in the US that bad? By having slaves and abolishing slavery later on, yes it was cruel and wrong BUT with slavery they've saved the many generations of africans from potentially dying from a disease, war,etc... and gave the new generations of slaves to live a normal and a lot more happy life in the US later on. So was slavery actually that bad?

I hope that you've understood the question I wanted to ask, really sleepy right now but wanted to hear your opinion on this one.

So you mean to say, the helped the African race by means of hurting them and treating them like animals? Is that the definition of helping for you?

no, you're missing the point. By them being slaves, and enduring all of that, they've saved all next generations from the current situation in Africa and you're telling me that the situation in US and Africa are the same right now?

I don't think you guys got the point of the question and you're telling me that the lifestyles in US and Africa are the same and that they wouldn't have a problem moving to Congo, Nigeria, Ghana from any country in US?
Activity: 1106
Merit: 637
June 29, 2017, 01:02:00 AM

Yes, slavery was that bad.

You don't put any facts forth that there was any missed exposure to "disease, war, etc."...but if you had it still wouldn't matter.

The kidnapping of a human is bad.

The forced labor against someone's will is bad.

The thought that you could own someone is bad.

The mental "fuck you" that must have endured for all but the strongest in mind and body is bad.

The social stigma against a race of people that slavery created and reinforced is bad.

All the hate groups against african americans and races in general that have been created out of this early/original idea of slavery is bad.

The decades and decades of denied rights, segregation, racism, lost opportunity, killings were all bad.

And it's caused an element of reverse racism. Majority of white Americans that live today are not racist and never had anything to do with slavery, but the actions of white Americans from 200 years ago is still influencing the relationship tension between these two races. African Americans can claim "white privilege" and it's legit...but did every white person sign up or subscribe or act in a way that would grant them greater privilege than their African American peer? No, in most cases no. But the privilege Whites granted themselves 200+ years ago has been institutionalized today...either in actual socioeconomic impact or just perception.

Oh...and by "bad" I mean disgustingly terrible. Really royally fucked up in logic and heart and compassion.

P.S. It's a question, no offense taken.
Activity: 101
Merit: 10
June 29, 2017, 01:00:48 AM

So you mean to say, the helped the African race by means of hurting them and treating them like animals? Is that the definition of helping for you?
legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1048
June 28, 2017, 10:30:10 PM

I'll bite Wink I love these, and no offense taken. Also, in before the racist crew comes out to play Wink

Life in America isn't normal or happy for some black people. It's hard to explain, and I'll sound butthurt, but suffice it to say this is not the American dream. Your potential for growth is limited, it kind of makes you just want to give up. People assume they know your character because of how you look, it's frustrating to say 'Hello Ma'am' to an older white lady in Walmart, and have her glare at you. And then repeat yourself politely, because surely she didnt hear me, she reacted wrong, and have the lady pfft and glare and leave. I hate it that my skin bothers people so much sometimes they want to harm me.

Slavery was no gift. The horrors of slavery engendered social policy that persists to this day. We aren't in chains, but a prison does not always require bars.

So no, I don't think systematic torture, rape and genocide is justified by a third place seat in modern America. Also, from a numbers perspective, the breeding potential that was usurped to create more slaves would have more than made up for those lost to misadventure/calamity.

Would you be a slave?

Activity: 1022
Merit: 564
Need some spare btc for a new PC
June 28, 2017, 09:39:10 PM

Pages:
Jump to: