Pages:
Author

Topic: Phoenix 2 beta discussion - page 8. (Read 57899 times)

Activity: 63
Merit: 10
February 06, 2012, 01:53:32 AM
Ok, I got things to work. Is there a way to have one GPU mine at one backend and have the other GPU mining at a different backend?

You would have to dedicate each GPU to a different Phoenix process to do that. The Phoenix core is currently designed to connect to only one backend.
Activity: 1428
Merit: 344
February 06, 2012, 01:50:04 AM
Ok, I got things to work. Is there a way to have one GPU mine at one backend and have the other GPU mining at a different backend?
February 06, 2012, 01:39:05 AM
Could we get a list of all accepted options?
Kernel selection
Worksize=
Vectors, Vectors4, Vectors8, Vectors16
etc.

The Phoenix 2 core itself recognizes (not an exhaustive list):
Code:
# [cl:0:0] autoconfigure # Allow the kernel to choose its own configuration variables?
# [cl:0:0] disabled # Prevent mining on this device?
# [cl:0:0] kernel # Can be used to manually choose a kernel to mine on.
# [cl:0:0] start_undetected # Start even if autodetect doesn't find it?
# [general] autodetect # A list of rules for what devices to autodetect.
# [general] backend # The URL to mine on in the backend.
# [general] logfile # Set this option to log to a file.
# [general] queuedelay # Advanced - ???
# [general] queuesize # Advanced - ???
# [general] ratesamples # Advanced - number of samples to average for rate reporting
# [general] statusinterval # Advanced - how long to delay between statusbar updates
# [general] verbose # Enable verbose mode? (Shows debug messages)
# [web] bind # Bind the web/RPC server to a specific IP
# [web] disabled # Disable the webserver altogether?
# [web] logbuffer # Advanced - how many logs to remember in the getlogs() RPC call
# [web] password # The password necessary for web/RPC login (username is ignored)
# [web] port # What port should the web/RPC server listen on?
# [web] root # Advanced - The root directory for the webserver.

The phatk2/opencl kernels recognize:
Code:
# [cl:0:0] vectors # Enable two-way vectors?
# [cl:0:0] vectors4 # Enable four-way vectors?
# [cl:0:0] fastloop # Advanced - fastloop optimization for low aggressions
# [cl:0:0] aggression # Controls how hard Phoenix 2 hits the hardware
# [cl:0:0] worksize # Advanced - controls size of individual executions
# [cl:0:0] bfi_int # Enable BFI_INT optimization for Radeon cards that support it

[cl:0:0]
autoconfigure = False
BFI_INT VECTORS4 WORKSIZE=64

What's wrong with this portion that it's not giving me the correct settings?

Try:
Code:
autoconfigure = false # Not actually needed since autoconfiguration disables by default when you supply your own args
BFI_INT = true # Also the boolean options aren't case sensitive.
VECTORS4 = true
WORKSIZE = 64
February 06, 2012, 01:38:43 AM
I can't get the miner to start.  Huh
This is what I've got exactly in my cfg file. lol
Code:
autoconfigure = True

[cl:0:1]
autoconfigure = True
backend = http://censored:[email protected]:8332

I want to have GPU 2(Device #1) mine while GPU 1(Device #0) is not mining. But I also want to have GPU 1 set up to mine so that I can just enable it to mine by changing a value of some sort.

Best bet would be to put the program in two different folders.  Close the program from the folder you have the cfg set for disabling GPU1 and then start the program for both GPU mining when you want to have them both working.  
My problem isn't the whole GPU thing right now, that was just a side note. My real problem is that I have NO IDEA what settings to use for where and for what. My miner won't mine due to PEKAC.
Activity: 378
Merit: 250
February 06, 2012, 01:37:11 AM
autoconfigure = False
BFI_INT VECTORS4 WORKSIZE=64

What's wrong with this portion that it's not giving me the correct settings?
February 06, 2012, 01:30:15 AM
Code:
autoconfigure = True

autoconfigure = True

I want to have GPU 2(Device #1) mine while GPU 1(Device #0) is not mining. But I also want to have GPU 1 set up to mine so that I can just enable it to mine by changing a value of some sort.

Best bet would be to put the program in two different folders.  Close the program from the folder you have the cfg set for disabling GPU1 and then start the program for both GPU mining when you want to have them both working. 
February 06, 2012, 01:26:45 AM
Code:
autoconfigure = True

autoconfigure = True

I also want to have GPU 2(Device #1) mine while GPU 1(Device #0) is not mining. But I also want to have GPU 1 set up to mine so that I can just enable it to mine by changing a value of some sort.
February 06, 2012, 01:21:50 AM
Could we get a list of all accepted options?
Kernel selection
Worksize=
Vectors, Vectors4, Vectors8, Vectors16
etc.
February 06, 2012, 01:11:39 AM
In the example, it says "backend = UR_URL_HERE"; is that where I put my worker information?
That's where you put your worker and site info. combined.  Like http://My_miner_name:Miner [email protected]:8332
February 06, 2012, 01:08:04 AM
In the example, it says "backend = UR_URL_HERE"; is that where I put my worker information?
February 06, 2012, 01:05:54 AM
I assume it's similar to passing the settings to the command-line based version?  Just all the little ducks in a row?

Yes. The kernels are very similar, so the kernel options are pretty much the same as in Phoenix 1.
February 06, 2012, 01:04:50 AM
How would I have autoconfigure enabled on one out of two installed VGA's?

If you don't want to autodetect, you can do:
Code:
autoconfigure = False
#settings here

autoconfigure = True

If you do want to autodetect, you can just omit the one that has autoconfigure = True.
I'll give this a try.  I assume it's similar to passing the settings to the command-line based version?  Just all the little ducks in a row?
February 06, 2012, 01:00:03 AM

If you don't want to autodetect, you can do:
Code:
autoconfigure = False
#settings here

autoconfigure = True

If you do want to autodetect, you can just omit the one that has autoconfigure = True.
February 06, 2012, 12:54:39 AM
February 06, 2012, 12:53:57 AM
Autodetect could use some work.  It would seem that it doesn't take vectors and optimum worksize into account.
That's jedi95's department. He's on it.

How would one go about modifying the configuration file to set parameters manually?  I'm wanting to toss VECTORS8 in with a worksize of 64 while applying Dia's GOFFSET option if I can.  It would be nice to know the new layout.
Forgot to put that in the first post. I updated the example config file to show how you can do it. You will need to know the device ID of your hardware (cl:PLATFORM:DEVICE) and you can override the autoconfigured settings (or disable autoconfiguration completely) from the config file.
February 06, 2012, 12:47:34 AM
Autodetect could use some work.  It would seem that it doesn't take vectors and optimum worksize into account.  How would one go about modifying the configuration file to set parameters manually?  I'm wanting to toss VECTORS8 in with a worksize of 64 while applying Dia's GOFFSET option if I can.  It would be nice to know the new layout.
rjk
Activity: 448
1ngldh
February 06, 2012, 12:46:04 AM
If you don't have it already, proper support for RollNTime with expire=N would be a very useful feature for fast miners.

EDIT: Link to wiki page with list of miners and pools supporting various features: https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Getwork_support

We do have it. I suppose I should have put it in the features list... Grin
Excellent. The unified queue manager is also an excellent new feature - one that most miners don't have and have needed for a long time.
February 06, 2012, 12:37:46 AM
If you don't have it already, proper support for RollNTime with expire=N would be a very useful feature for fast miners.

EDIT: Link to wiki page with list of miners and pools supporting various features: https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Getwork_support

We do have it. I suppose I should have put it in the features list... Grin
rjk
Activity: 448
1ngldh
February 06, 2012, 12:35:37 AM

Activity: 219
Merit: 120
February 06, 2012, 12:32:14 AM
Windows binaries:
https://github.com/downloads/phoenix2/phoenix/phoenix-2.0.0-rc2.zip

Phoenix 1.7.x is now a legacy branch and will only see limited further development.

Kernels developed for Phoenix 1.x are not directly compatible with Phoenix 2, but the required changes are minimal.
Pages:
Jump to: