Pages:
Author

Topic: Phore has a massive burn incoming ! - page 2. (Read 1318 times)

Activity: 238
Merit: 100
November 27, 2017, 02:52:08 PM
How does a burn actually work, do they just send it to a fake address? How is it assured the tokens are lost forever?
Activity: 196
November 27, 2017, 12:50:46 PM
The discord channel is fun times, not just fun for a crypto channel but actually fun. I haven't seen a single argument on there, everyone's so laid back.
Activity: 80
Merit: 10
November 27, 2017, 12:31:06 PM
And the community in the Discord channel is awesome, the devs are there 24/7 answering to all the questions
Activity: 86
Merit: 3
November 27, 2017, 12:07:02 PM
What makes this coin so special? I see a lot of positive comments about it on this thread. What is the total market cap of this coin? It doesnt show on coinmarketcap.com

The developer is very experienced, he's been in crypto for a long time. His previous coin KTK was listed on Bittrex, but then he had to take a 2 years break because of health issues.
He is finally back, and now the KTK>Phore swap is done.
He came back from medication only recently though, hence the current low price of Phore, but people will catch up eventually and Phore should rise substantially.

Sand out features are the decentralized marketplace, zerocoin protocol (privacy), and masternode governance (community voting). Side chain based smart contracts are in the work too.

Now about the market cap, coinmarketcap should update it soon, but you can already check it here in the explorer : https://chainz.cryptoid.info/phr/
Right now it's $5.04M, which only places it at rank #345 in CMC.
November 27, 2017, 11:50:40 AM
The circulating supply is 11.2 million with low inflation, so Phore is massively undervalued right now for what it is and what's coming soon.
November 27, 2017, 11:48:41 AM
What makes this coin so special? I see a lot of positive comments about it on this thread. What is the total market cap of this coin? It doesnt show on coinmarketcap.com

That's because there has just been a burn of unswapped coins (from KTK to PHR).

The main selling point is there will be a decentralised private marketplace for you to spend your Phore buying and selling items, like Ebay but private and p2p.

But there's also other features like smart contracts coming.

Masternodes and staking pay out pretty well too.
Activity: 80
Merit: 10
November 27, 2017, 11:48:13 AM

It doesn't show because they haven't update it yet, the devs contacted the page today after the burn so I guess it will take a few days to update it. I think I can't upload pictures but someone made a comparison against Particl

Activity: 378
Merit: 101
November 27, 2017, 11:38:24 AM
Activity: 546
Merit: 252
November 27, 2017, 09:58:53 AM
The burn has now been executed.  KTK swap period has concluded.  7.6 million coins destroyed.

https://chainz.cryptoid.info/phr/block.dws?103070.htm

November 27, 2017, 09:51:22 AM
Phore has been glorious until this point. To be honest the master-node bug looked like a nail in the coffin for the coin, but the fix not only recovered but it also added the Zero Coin protocol in record time.

All coins would be lucky with such on-point development.

It was masterful, they turned a problem into a huge win and demonstrated the team's coding skills and work ethic at the same time. The price actually went up when trading was restored because everyone had increased confidence in the dev team.
Activity: 3
Merit: 0
November 27, 2017, 09:39:11 AM
Phore has been glorious until this point. To be honest the master-node bug looked like a nail in the coffin for the coin, but the fix not only recovered but it also added the Zero Coin protocol in record time.

All coins would be lucky with such on-point development.
November 27, 2017, 09:29:12 AM
Check these exciting comments made in Discord by Phore's lead developer, Julian :

"I have so many cool ideas for Phore that I would share, but I can't commit to just yet...

But really quick, I want to layout my vision. At first, we develop a smart contract side chain and useful contracts. Hopefully at this point, the price will rise enough that we can use dev funds to hire more developers and work on a few more things
In addition to blockchain storage, I want to implement a longer-term siacoin-like storage that is incentivized by phore.

This will allow decentralized databases and completely decentralized websites.

Hardware wallets hopefully are coming soon. I'm getting my ledger nano s on december the 1st,
and yeah, you could run a masternode from there sort of, but you'd still need a vps.
As long as the transaction is not spent, the masternode will continue running.
Also web wallet soon, sorta like myetherwallet."

As you can see this guy means business, so come on board while the price is low Wink

Source : https://discord.gg/Jj8wBdp
November 27, 2017, 09:27:14 AM
Bought a shit-ton of Phore, I really like the project and the team behind. They know how to handle unplanned events like when they had to take down Phr to fix an exploit. Very professionnal and honest team. These guys knows what they are doing.  Wink

The team behind it is great, never known a friendlier and less-toxic community.
November 27, 2017, 09:22:21 AM
The burn is done, as you can see here : https://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/phore/
Total supply is down to 11,270,151 PHR.
November 25, 2017, 04:05:23 PM
Thanks for the details. I will have a look at this coin. Burns are always good times to make some trades.

You're welcome Smiley
If you have any question go to the ANN, the main developer is very active there.
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/phr-phore-100-pos-30-masternodes-zerocoin-governance-no-icopremine-2307909
Activity: 6
Merit: 0
November 25, 2017, 03:34:29 PM
Bought a shit-ton of Phore, I really like the project and the team behind. They know how to handle unplanned events like when they had to take down Phr to fix an exploit. Very professionnal and honest team. These guys knows what they are doing.  Wink
Activity: 154
November 25, 2017, 02:40:58 PM
Has it happened yet?
Activity: 647
Merit: 260
November 25, 2017, 02:33:52 PM
In 3 days Phore is going to burn 41% of the coin supply.

As you can see on the explorer (https://chainz.cryptoid.info/phr) the first address which contains 7,730,304 PHR is going to oblivion.
This is because a lot of people didn't claim their coin in time for the KTK>PHR swap.

They offer PoS + Masternodes, and will launch an Open Bazaar-like market in Q1 2018 which will surely boost PHR value.
Check out their ANN it's really well made : https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/phr-phore-100-pos-30-masternodes-zerocoin-governance-no-icopremine-2307909

After the swap the market cap will only be  (18,877,369 - 7,730,304) x 0.45$ = 5,016,179$, so it's still a good entry point I believe.
Besides masternodes are the new trend, just look at the recent growth of masternodes coins like Dash and Pivx.

Tell me what you guys think  Wink

Thanks for the details. I will have a look at this coin. Burns are always good times to make some trades.
Activity: 277
Merit: 250
November 25, 2017, 02:12:31 PM
I am also part of phore, another proud member here!
Pages:
Jump to: