Pages:
Author

Topic: PIECOIN REBOOT - page 31. (Read 66974 times)

Activity: 47
Merit: 0
August 03, 2017, 02:11:59 AM
Hi,

I have just installed the PieCoin wallet.

Does my wallet need to run on my computer 24H/24 for my coins to stake and receive the rewards (20% yearly rate)?

Fishfish already answered but note that you can run the wallet on a VPS if you don't want to run your computer h24.

If the MN requirement is above 10,000, that's going to put away a lot of people. IMO it should be either 5000 or 10000.

I agree with this. I think it's good for us to have a low barrier of entry for a masternode so that we can attract more investors. More masternodes more robust the community will become.

Yes I share the same opinion. Smiley
Activity: 294
Merit: 100
August 03, 2017, 01:43:48 AM
If the MN requirement is above 10,000, that's going to put away a lot of people. IMO it should be either 5000 or 10000.

I agree with this. I think it's good for us to have a low barrier of entry for a masternode so that we can attract more investors. More masternodes more robust the community will become.
Activity: 546
Merit: 252
August 03, 2017, 12:16:25 AM
Hi,

Does my wallet need to run on my computer 24H/24 for my coins to stake and receive the rewards (20% yearly rate)?

Typically, yes.  To stake coins the wallet must be opened and running.  I'm going to start staking tonight.
Merit: 252
August 03, 2017, 12:15:36 AM
Just downloaded the latest Windows wallet and plan to move my PIE coins from Yobit and Cryptopia.  I only do this with coins that I intend to keep.  With active dev and MN's coming . . this is a good time to accumulate.

Activity: 29
August 02, 2017, 11:36:44 PM
Hi,

Merit: 257
Have you found the Yellow Sign?
August 02, 2017, 09:19:57 AM
i agree 100k for a 70m sup coin is crazy and screams "i will be worth nothing forever" imo

You sound frustrated that you didn't buy PIE a few months ago.
Activity: 392
Merit: 250
August 02, 2017, 09:00:23 AM
Hi all,

I am with PIE from reboot and I think the ideal amount of PIE for MN would be 20-100k. The 100k right now is worth around $600, still very accessible, if we can lock up half of supply into MN (90/2=45mil=450MN) that would secure the network and with staking there's no initial need to more MN for networking needs. Devs please correct me if I am wrong. But 400 hundred sounds like a great number for decentralisation and security.

With more than half of supply locked in MN the coin would get very stable layer of investors. The price will be also stabilised as MN holder are less likely to sell during turmoils, if MN are profitable to run in long run. The problem with small amount of PIE for MN is - less rewards for MN holders, users are more likely to break MN, also it will be lacking exclusivity.

Also there can be two levels of MN if the network would need / could use that.

It's possible to set up a limit of masternodes which can't be exceeded. And anyway, do you really think there will be thousands of masternodes running at the start ? Usually, when masternodes are implemented on a coin, there are only few hundreds if not less at the beginning and it's only after some months, when the coin increase significatively in price that the demand of masternodes grow accordingly to the demand of coins, mostly because of the masternode's ROI which increase itself with the price of the coin. I can tell you from experience that a masternode at the start is always profitable, no matter what, and if you add to that the future potential price of the coin, which can only go up in this case, then you obtain an even bigger profit. Lastly, most of the masternodes coins have 1000, 10000 and 25000 coins for a masternode. You can see it here : https://masternodes.pro/?sort=roi&view=grid
All the existing masternodes coins aren't listed there but there are the major ones. Compare the supply and the required amount of coins to run a masternode and you should come to the conclusion that 5000-10000 coins for a masternode are enough. 20000-50000 could work well too, but over that would be a mistake in my honest opinion. Nonetheless I'm glad to see different opinions on this subject, I'm always looking to confront my ideas with others to learn and to make the best choices for the projects i support.

i agree 100k for a 70m sup coin is crazy and screams "i will be worth nothing forever" imo
August 02, 2017, 06:14:29 AM
Hi all,

I am with PIE from reboot and I think the ideal amount of PIE for MN would be 20-100k. The 100k right now is worth around $600, still very accessible, if we can lock up half of supply into MN (90/2=45mil=450MN) that would secure the network and with staking there's no initial need to more MN for networking needs. Devs please correct me if I am wrong. But 400 hundred sounds like a great number for decentralisation and security.

With more than half of supply locked in MN the coin would get very stable layer of investors. The price will be also stabilised as MN holder are less likely to sell during turmoils, if MN are profitable to run in long run. The problem with small amount of PIE for MN is - less rewards for MN holders, users are more likely to break MN, also it will be lacking exclusivity.

It's possible to set up a limit of masternodes which can't be exceeded. And anyway, do you really think there will be thousands of masternodes running at the start ? Usually, when masternodes are implemented on a coin, there are only few hundreds if not less at the beginning and it's only after some months, when the coin increase significatively in price that the demand of masternodes grow accordingly to the demand of coins, mostly because of the masternode's ROI which increase itself with the price of the coin. I can tell you from experience that a masternode at the start is always profitable, no matter what, and if you add to that the future potential price of the coin, which can only go up in this case, then you obtain an even bigger profit. Lastly, most of the masternodes coins have 1000, 10000 and 25000 coins for a masternode. You can see it here : https://masternodes.pro/?sort=roi&view=grid
All the existing masternodes coins aren't listed there but there are the major ones. Compare the supply and the required amount of coins to run a masternode and you should come to the conclusion that 5000-10000 coins for a masternode are enough. 20000-50000 could work well too, but over that would be a mistake in my honest opinion. Nonetheless I'm glad to see different opinions on this subject, I'm always looking to confront my ideas with others to learn and to make the best choices for the projects i support.
Activity: 2
August 02, 2017, 05:57:52 AM
legendary
Activity: 2114
Merit: 1023
Oikos.cash | Decentralized Finance on Tron
August 02, 2017, 05:22:23 AM
Hi all,

I think with the supply of 75 million we should have at least 50k per master node, INSANE only has 18.4 million supply and they have 50k for a masternode, so 50k, where there are75 million of these babies, is a good thing. I think any less would make it too much cheapo, let people strive a bit to get 50k and at these prices, it's a steal anyway.
Activity: 9
August 02, 2017, 04:36:13 AM
Hi all,

August 02, 2017, 04:21:28 AM
Will there be a possibility to run more than 1 masternode on a wallet?

Technically it's possible, there are other coins with masternodes who do have the function to run as many masternodes as you want on the same wallet as long as you have a unique public IP for each. I hope PieCoin will have this function too. Smiley

VPS should be just fine. I'm hoping to run on Windows. For what it's worth, I think PIE coin will be just fine.  Let's give the dev an ample amount of time to get this all started.  I bought first under 100 sats, then sold like an idiot  Cheesy and rebought at 150.  With active development and a strong community, price is sure to go up.  

Now is the waiting period . . . the hardest time to be an investor in crypto.  In the meantime, if you support the project . . put up some buy support on an exchange.  The BCC crap is over now, and hopefully we can get back to business as usual in the alt world.

I actually regret holding now  and not selling at the top to rebuy lower and wish I had sold at 400 and bought in more now at 120, I would have doubled my stash lol. I didn't anticipate this massive correction, so when I am able to get more btc into the exchange I will try scoop up some more at the bottom. I hope to hold at least 400k of it, would be nice. I have a feeling now that what happened was just a pump from some pump group I suspect, as I found out from some random friend on FB he said buy PIECOIN on his wall and he has a lot of followers. I wouldn't be surprised if he is just a pumper with a bunch of other peeps. I am holding long term and will try to get more as I like that there is development.

Do not regret holding. Imagine a second, if all big holders sell at the highest ... let's say 400. The currency is over for a long time. We are just at the beginning, it is normal to see record attempts  Wink

Exactly ! Wise words, everyone should know that and keep that in mind at any time instead of dumping by selling at low prices. One of the best rules crypto's market taught me over the years is that long term is always the way to go to make the biggest profits (except for the shitcoins obviously). A good project always pays off with time, always ! Smiley
Activity: 28
August 02, 2017, 03:50:57 AM

Technically it's possible, there are other coins with masternodes who do have the function to run as many masternodes as you want on the same wallet as long as you have a unique public IP for each. I hope PieCoin will have this function too. Smiley

VPS should be just fine. I'm hoping to run on Windows. For what it's worth, I think PIE coin will be just fine.  Let's give the dev an ample amount of time to get this all started.  I bought first under 100 sats, then sold like an idiot  Cheesy and rebought at 150.  With active development and a strong community, price is sure to go up.  

Now is the waiting period . . . the hardest time to be an investor in crypto.  In the meantime, if you support the project . . put up some buy support on an exchange.  The BCC crap is over now, and hopefully we can get back to business as usual in the alt world.

I actually regret holding now  and not selling at the top to rebuy lower and wish I had sold at 400 and bought in more now at 120, I would have doubled my stash lol. I didn't anticipate this massive correction, so when I am able to get more btc into the exchange I will try scoop up some more at the bottom. I hope to hold at least 400k of it, would be nice. I have a feeling now that what happened was just a pump from some pump group I suspect, as I found out from some random friend on FB he said buy PIECOIN on his wall and he has a lot of followers. I wouldn't be surprised if he is just a pumper with a bunch of other peeps. I am holding long term and will try to get more as I like that there is development.

Do not regret holding. Imagine a second, if all big holders sell at the highest ... let's say 400. The currency is over for a long time. We are just at the beginning, it is normal to see record attempts  Wink
legendary
Activity: 2114
Merit: 1023
Oikos.cash | Decentralized Finance on Tron
August 02, 2017, 01:51:08 AM

Activity: 410
Merit: 250
August 02, 2017, 01:25:42 AM
Hi guys,

Just passing on some info from the wahtsapp channel

there is no further update on masternodes right now, the devs will hear more from the person who will be doing the work once the BTC forking has completely finished.  The new website should be online some time this week barring any setbacks and we have version 3 of the available thanks the hard work of Pikku
Activity: 910
Merit: 533
August 02, 2017, 12:57:29 AM
Who knows what differents piecoin wallet from pikky from original wallet? About masternode - 15000-20000 coins for masternode - very small... Maybe, 100000 coins - and leasing ( as WAVE) ?

Why do you think 15000-20000 are too small amounts for a masternode ? I'm curious to know because for me it's the opposite, it's already too much. If we put the things in perspective, let's say for the first example that a masternode cost 5000 coins. At the current price (199 satoshi / $0.005472) it would cost 27.36$ to buy one masternode, which is actually really cheap. But if we take in account that the price will rise over the time and that we are just at the start of this project, then it doesn't seem that bad anymore. Because let's say now that the coin is worth 1$, then the 5k masternode would worth 5,000$, it's definitely not that much affordable. Now let's take your proposition of 100000 coins as a second example, it would cost 547.2$ to buy a masternode currently, and 100,000$ if the price reach 1$. How many people will buy and run masternodes if the price is more than 500$ at the start and turns into 100,000$ and more when the coin will reach a good value thanks to the supply and demand. Will it ever succeed if the masternodes cost that much at the first place ? Personally, I prefer to see cheap masternodes at the start. It allows many people to get some masternodes and more masternodes running means more security on the network and many people running masternodes means better overall coin distribution between users. I wouldn't like to see a coin with masternodes owned mostly by whales and with only few masternodes running on the network. Also masternodes being cheap is never a problem as there is a masternode limit anyway. As far as I know, most of the coins with masternodes started with cheap masternodes. However, you suggested masternode leasing and that's a good point, it could be an interesting option, but I still maintain that having cheap masternodes at the start is really important. It benefits everyone, users, developers and traders. Please let me know your thoughts. Smiley

How many coins need for masternodes WAVES? 10000 !  10000 * 4$ = 40.000 $

We must don't look on price of 1 PIE. If 1 PIE - 10000 $ , how must cost masternode?

.. LEASING - only decision.. You can read about leasing Waves https://blog.wavesplatform.com/waves-launches-balance-leasing-in-lite-client-14db9eac0377 ...

Main Purpose of masternodes - increasing of holders

Activity: 826
Merit: 303
August 01, 2017, 11:28:48 PM
Who knows what differents piecoin wallet from pikky from original wallet? About masternode - 15000-20000 coins for masternode - very small... Maybe, 100000 coins - and leasing ( as WAVE) ?

latest version (pikku wallet, version 3) more better than all version.. more faster, more stronger..
about masternode, now at final discussion.. i will upadate when it ready..
all dev work are running, i never stop.. more will come.. just be patient..
woooo this good for update masternode
i hope piecoin to the moon
Activity: 4
August 01, 2017, 11:18:58 PM

latest version (pikku wallet, version 3) more better than all version.. more faster, more stronger..

Thanks for the Update!
August 01, 2017, 11:12:05 PM

Why do you think 15000-20000 are too small amounts for a masternode ? I'm curious to know because for me it's the opposite, it's already too much. If we put the things in perspective, let's say for the first example that a masternode cost 5000 coins. At the current price (199 satoshi / $0.005472) it would cost 27.36$ to buy one masternode, which is actually really cheap. But if we take in account that the price will rise over the time and that we are just at the start of this project, then it doesn't seem that bad anymore. Because let's say now that the coin is worth 1$, then the 5k masternode would worth 5,000$, it's definitely not that much affordable. Now let's take your proposition of 100000 coins as a second example, it would cost 547.2$ to buy a masternode currently, and 100,000$ if the price reach 1$. How many people will buy and run masternodes if the price is more than 500$ at the start and turns into 100,000$ and more when the coin will reach a good value thanks to the supply and demand. Will it ever succeed if the masternodes cost that much at the first place ? Personally, I prefer to see cheap masternodes at the start. It allows many people to get some masternodes and more masternodes running means more security on the network and many people running masternodes means better overall coin distribution between users. I wouldn't like to see a coin with masternodes owned mostly by whales and with only few masternodes running on the network. Also masternodes being cheap is never a problem as there is a masternode limit anyway. As far as I know, most of the coins with masternodes started with cheap masternodes. However, you suggested masternode leasing and that's a good point, it could be an interesting option, but I still maintain that having cheap masternodes at the start is really important. It benefits everyone, users, developers and traders. Please let me know your thoughts. Smiley
Activity: 95
Merit: 10
August 01, 2017, 10:59:20 PM

Pages:
Jump to: