Pages:
Author

Topic: Pizza for bitcoins? - page 63. (Read 801292 times)

Activity: 373
Merit: 250
April 03, 2013, 11:11:17 PM
Folks, please recognize that this sort of thing was necessary to help Bitcoin grow to the point it is now.  Yeah today we can laugh at laszlo for spending what is NOW a few million dollars for two pizzas.  At the time it was worth about $40, the going price for two delivered pizzas. 

My main point is that he was spending his BTC to help further the Bitcoin economy, months before many of you ever even heard of it.  Without people like him, Bitcoin would have never taken off like it has.

tl;dr: give him a break, will ya?

It's all good-natured ribbing. We're not serious about it. And yes, it's awesome that he did this, and without someone making that first purchase, it would never have taken off.

Thank you for your understanding.

Not a problem. What I really want to know, though, is what the guy who sold the pizza did with the 10k BTC (and if he is now a millionaire from selling pizza).

Your guess is as good as mine, dude.
Activity: 532
Merit: 500
FIAT LIBERTAS RVAT CAELVM
April 03, 2013, 10:17:57 PM
Folks, please recognize that this sort of thing was necessary to help Bitcoin grow to the point it is now.  Yeah today we can laugh at laszlo for spending what is NOW a few million dollars for two pizzas.  At the time it was worth about $40, the going price for two delivered pizzas. 

My main point is that he was spending his BTC to help further the Bitcoin economy, months before many of you ever even heard of it.  Without people like him, Bitcoin would have never taken off like it has.

It's all good-natured ribbing. We're not serious about it. And yes, it's awesome that he did this, and without someone making that first purchase, it would never have taken off.

Not a problem. What I really want to know, though, is what the guy who sold the pizza did with the 10k BTC (and if he is now a millionaire from selling pizza).
April 03, 2013, 09:45:36 PM

April 03, 2013, 09:38:21 PM

April 03, 2013, 09:32:28 PM
Folks, please recognize that this sort of thing was necessary to help Bitcoin grow to the point it is now.  Yeah today we can laugh at laszlo for spending what is NOW a few million dollars for two pizzas.  At the time it was worth about $40, the going price for two delivered pizzas.  

My main point is that he was selflessly spending his BTC to help further the Bitcoin economy, months before many of you ever even heard of it.  Without people like him, Bitcoin would have never taken off like it has.

Activity: 574
Medical Translations for Bitcoins
April 03, 2013, 02:45:15 PM
This topic even made it to "Zeit Online" (a big German News Website) with a twitter posting *g*
April 02, 2013, 10:14:12 PM
Will this eventually become the world's first million-dollar pizza?

Yes.

But will it become the world's first billion-dollar pizza?

In other words, do I think Bitcoin will hit $1000 $100,000 ? Well, with the way the US is devaluing their dollar, and the amount of new interest in Bitcoin, I think it's likely.

Fixed

Derp... You're right.

$100k bitcoins are much further off than $1k, but still a possibility.
Activity: 728
In cryptography we trust
April 02, 2013, 10:06:44 PM

Yes.

In other words, do I think Bitcoin will hit $1000 $100,000 ? Well, with the way the US is devaluing their dollar, and the amount of new interest in Bitcoin, I think it's likely.

Fixed
April 02, 2013, 10:04:42 PM

Yes.

In other words, do I think Bitcoin will hit $1000? Well, with the way the US is devaluing their dollar, and the amount of new interest in Bitcoin, I think it's likely.
Activity: 728
In cryptography we trust
April 02, 2013, 09:44:25 PM

Yes.

April 02, 2013, 09:41:58 PM

Yes.
Activity: 784
Merit: 502
April 02, 2013, 09:29:26 AM
someone reads too much stuff written by this guy

Wink

Merciless Ming from Mongo?
Activity: 112
Merit: 10
April 01, 2013, 10:27:21 PM
Wow. I wish I had 10,000 bitcoins now.
Activity: 812
Merit: 1001
-
April 01, 2013, 08:50:59 PM
someone reads too much stuff written by this guy

Wink
legendary
Activity: 2646
Merit: 1722
https://youtu.be/DsAVx0u9Cw4 ... Dr. WHO < KLF
April 01, 2013, 08:46:24 PM
Testing... Testing... Anyone still here ?  Cool  Cheesy  Wink

I-am-not-anonymous:

"Imagine the following Scenario:

A Man walks into a liquor store--he strolls up to the counter and stares the clerk right in the face, but says nothing.  The man has a pocket, in his pocket is a cell phone or other mobile device, on this device is the latest BITCOIN App (in the future, his mobile device might even have on the fly encryption, who knows).

In the Clerk's pocket is the very same App.

The cell phones identify one another and trigger a bitcoin transaction!

The Clerk takes a bottle of Jack Daniels off the shelf and hands it to the man.

"On the house" he says.

The Clerk does not record the exchange as a sale, in fact, he writes it off as a loss  Grin

The man is pleased that he was able to purchase his booze cheaply without the annoyance of sales and sin taxes.

The man returns to his place of work, he is a high-level engineer and yet his salary is only $6000 a year!  barely enough to tax!

However, every other Friday he receives a a large donation of BITCOINS from an anonymous "secret santa" that may or may not be his boss.  He then buys more liquor, and, in the same manner, hemp bedsheets, and organic groceries!  His tech-saavy landlord takes bitcoin as rent and as a result, does not technically own an 'apartment complex" but rather a large private home filled "roomates" who stay there for "free".  This of course is suspicious and attracts attention and one of the phony "tenants" even breaks down and confesses the whole thing to the cops. Problem is, even with all his bitcoin data they can't trace his transactions back to the landlord and thus have no evidence of wrongdoing other than one witnesses testimony and circumstantial evidence.

Suddenly tax evasion is about as dangerous as internet piracy.

I also have an idea that the number of panhandlers will explode.  You see, let's say you need some bitcoins but all you have is cash.  You go down to the park and see a bunch of homeless people begging.  You come near the homeless people and suddenly your phone vibrates, alerting you to some bitcoin activity!  A message from bitcoin appears on the screen, it is a randomly generated string of words:

"The Color Blue's frangibility is a necessity"

Suddenly, one of the homeless beggars (who seems oddly well-dressed) shouts "the color blue's frangibility is a necessity!"  To onlookers, it sounds like just more crazy homeless talk, to you it sounds like you want to put a 100 dollar bill in his tin cup.  He takes the bill and pushes some buttons on his cell phone.  You are alerted to a fresh batch of bitcoins (the equivalent of 100 dollars) dropped into your account by yet another 'secret santa".  This might also happen with people "e-begging' for paypal money.

These are the revolutions bitcoin, or programs like it, will bring upon us. "
Activity: 574
April 01, 2013, 12:08:59 PM
At whatever time you're reading this, the pizza cost...

(assuming the bitcoin ticker is still working in your era).

We can all stop now. Cool

lol, thanks for clearing that up once and for all  Smiley

Apparently not!  Shocked Grin

This is now, truly, a new era!
Activity: 784
Merit: 502
April 01, 2013, 11:25:12 AM
Holy cow!... 1 April 2013... it's a ***Million Dollar Pizza***

I'm going to celebrate on the Bitcoin community's behalf by *proposing to my girlfriend*.... oh hang on, I don't have one Cheesy
Activity: 294
April 01, 2013, 02:35:26 AM
10,000... Thats quite a bit.. you could sell those on https://www.bitcoinmarket.com/ for $41USD right now..
good luck on getting your free pizza.

o.o
Activity: 504
March 30, 2013, 09:33:28 PM
In on epic thread Cheesy
Activity: 44
Merit: 0
March 30, 2013, 11:44:01 AM
Guinnes world record for pizza's price? Almost $1M - outstanding!
Pages:
Jump to: